PDA

View Full Version : What is special about level 19?

Derajdefyre
11-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Hello all, I'm one of the new Android people and I have been reading around the forums a lot. People keep bringing up level 19 twinks. Why are people getting to level 19 and PvPing at that level instead of level 50?

Ellyidol
11-16-2010, 10:23 AM
At level 19 you only get to use a certain level of equipment. Also you only get a limited amount of stat and skill points which makes pvp rely on your playing skills and character build rather than the best gear etc.

Bigsleazy
11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Also, its easy to get level 19 in a day, so it's not days of farming and grinding before you even step foot in Pvp

TwinkTastical
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Did you REALLY just ask that... psssh what is a level 19.....

setec
11-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Did you REALLY just ask that... psssh what is a level 19.....

Yes, let's be rude to the new players. By all means...continue.

Necrobane
11-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Hey buddy, lay off Twink. He was born arrogant and he will die arrogant and that's just why we love him.

juhnken773
11-17-2010, 03:02 AM
But for real. Relax, and show some respect.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Lol he's being sarcastic, no big deal.

ciss
11-17-2010, 04:12 AM
I didnt kno that either, thanks guys :) Neu android user here as uell :)) Thanks for clarifying :P

Duke
11-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Level 19 is also the first level where there's a wide selection of "pinks" (legendary items). Plus, with Dark Forest now free, it's also the first level that requires you to have actually purchased a game campaign. Not sure if that really enters into it or is juts a coincidence, but there it is...

Snakespeare
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
It is a coincidence. When level 19 twinks first started being created, the highest free level was 13.

Twink levels are, precisely, the levels of the legendary item drops. Balefort drops legendary items level 19, but Lost Expedition drops legendary items that are level 30 and swamps drops legendary items that are level 35, etc.

Not all twinks are for PvP. Some people make them for PvE as well, but they generally have different builds for PvP and PvE because in PvE you want to make someone who can combine their skills.

Just think of it like this. You've got all these items and now you have two or three characters to 50, but the items are for level 30. Well, you just make a bear that you intend to call Polaris or something, and then level him to 30 and disable XP gain. That character now permanently uses those items. And you can play in those campaigns using those characters instead of going in overpowered with your XP capped characters. It's still generally easy to play in a campaign with a twink because the legendary items give so many bonuses.

So, go look at the stickied threads called "Pinks with Stats and Pictures..." on Trader's Forum. Look at what the legendary items are. Think about creating a character specifically for a campaign that uses certain items. Go to the Consignment Shop and see how much it costs. Then, when you get a level 19 Dreamer's Darkbolt Blaster, you might want to ask yourself, should I sell this thing for 150K or should I make a level 19 twink enchantress?

Derajdefyre
11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you for the (mostly) helpful responses! I can see the reasons now. I read a dev post saying next patch is going to change a lot of combat mechanics. It will be interesting to see what this does to the market!