PDA

View Full Version : Remort and Tiers - End Game is not a Dead End

kamikazees
12-04-2013, 01:22 PM
We probably had a whole slew of people make it to 36 this past weekend (congratulations to those who did!). If they are anything like I was, they are probably hitting the auction house, browsing the prices of the awesome end-game eq. They are jumping into random maps over and over, farming Jarl, Antee and dying horrible deaths in elite Shuyal. They will make some money, buy eq, farm some more, buy eq, and... then realize that farming is the only thing left to do.

What if that wasn't the case? What if the end game was not a dead end? What if, when a player capped, he had a choice to stay at level 36 (or whatever the max level was), or "Remort" into a second class, starting at level 1? A character who chooses to Remort would gain access to all the skills of the second class (in addition to his primary class skills), although at a greatly reduced effectiveness. The character could then level all the way back to 36. When he reached 36 again, the character could Remort into the 3rd class.

After the character maxes out all 3 classes, he can "Tier". A Tiered character resets to his primary class only, at level 1, but gets some small, permanent benefit (a very small stat increase?). The process can then be repeated until the character maxes Tier.

With the current cap, Tier 1 could be the max character. When the game expands to 41, Tier 2 could be the max, and so on.

This process would add an incredible dynamic to the game. Should I stay at 36 and farm? Would my rogue like to use warrior skills in his build (albeit at reduced effectiveness)? Is the small stat increase of an additional Tier worth it for PvP play?

What do you think?

Saw
12-04-2013, 03:30 PM
yessss yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nesox
12-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Just leave secondary skills based on their original stats and you would be forced to come up with some creative builds. IE: rogue skills still rely on Dex so any warrior/mage trying to use them as a secondary would need to respec accordingly.

kamikazees
12-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Just leave secondary skills based on their original stats and you would be forced to come up with some creative builds. IE: rogue skills still rely on Dex so any warrior/mage trying to use them as a secondary would need to respec accordingly.

That's a good idea too. I was just trying to think of a way to prevent a character running the best skills from all 3 classes from being overpowered.

Sokpuppet
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Reminds me of shining force for sega genesis.... lol... Which is a compliment. Would give people who don't like to PvP much something new to keep them busy

Coconutti
12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Not saying that I don't like this idea, but why not just make a new toon?
It could make the game hectic, and we wouldn't have as many endgame players.
I think we just need content, more stuff to do. Minigames, puzzles, mazes, boss fights. Whatever, we just need more of that.
Don't work on making it so people can go backward, we need to focus on going forward
-Coconutti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

warriorromio
12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Just dont give stat upgrade but unlock passive nd acctive skill upgrade

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk