PDA

View Full Version : Mana regen

Derajdefyre
11-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello all,

I am new and I know that this is a LONG way in the future but I noticed that our best gear comes in a set that includes ZERO M/s. I have become thoroughly addicted to having 2M/s. How much int would it require in order to have 2M/s always?

Derajdefyre
11-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I did a bit of in game testing and discovered several interesting things:

Str- Increases Health, Health regen, Hit% (but not as much as Dex), Armor (but not as much as Dex), Damage (but not as much as Dex)
Dex- Increases Damage, Crit%, Hit%, Armor
Int- Increases Mana, Mana regen, Hit% (but not as much as Str or Dex), Damage (but not as much as Str or Dex)

It took 16 Int (starting 1 plus 15 from level up) to get one point of mana regen. It took SIXTY FIVE! total points to get a second point of mana regen.

I will do a more thorough analysis after gaining more levels and after next patch. Apparently next patch is doing some huge tweaking with how stats work.

Greeve
11-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Took a hiatus from the game just after ao3 came out and slowly getting back into it. To say the least I am pretty underwhelmed with the new endgame war set as far as stats are concerned. Anyone feel that they are good? If so can you explain the rationale? Ty

Snakespeare
11-17-2010, 01:01 PM
I did a bit of in game testing and discovered several interesting things:

Str- Increases Health, Health regen, Hit% (but not as much as Dex), Armor (but not as much as Dex), Damage (but not as much as Dex)
Dex- Increases Damage, Crit%, Hit%, Armor
Int- Increases Mana, Mana regen, Hit% (but not as much as Str or Dex), Damage (but not as much as Str or Dex)

It took 16 Int (starting 1 plus 15 from level up) to get one point of mana regen. It took SIXTY FIVE! total points to get a second point of mana regen.

I will do a more thorough analysis after gaining more levels and after next patch. Apparently next patch is doing some huge tweaking with how stats work.

The displayed integers are rounded down, but the actual math uses floating points, so if you have 15 points in INT, the actual math might come out to .98 or so, which rounds down to zero on the display, but if you watch your life meter or mana meter, it rises at almost the same speed as when you have 16. And they seem to use some sort of logarithmic scale for SOME derived stats, like mana regen, which remains a mystery because we don't see the floating point numbers. As a result of the logarithmic scale, the effect of increasing a stat is gradually less with each point.

In any case, you actually do have an impact on your derived stats from your attribute stats, even though they have rounded the display integer down.

Derajdefyre
11-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Interesting... so you get the most benefit from each stat by spreading stat points equally, but you can't use the best gear unless you stack your stats in one attribute. Regardless, I am addicted to my M/s.

Rusalio
11-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I would say attribute your points to one or the other. If you can carry a thoth Item(like buckler), 6ms is really all you need if you like those skills. Of course unless your a mage.