PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this keeper problem?

dirtball
11-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I had him pinned across the gap and party was pretty much doing no damage when shield was down. Lvl 50 bear with highest DPS weapon he had was taking off 3 -10 occasionally but keeper's health only went down a sliver in like 20 minutes. We gave up after a while, I assume it's a glitch that happens once in a while. Last night I did it with a lvl 40 using a two handed sword and he was taking off 20-30 damage at a time when shield down.

Lesrider
11-16-2010, 02:55 PM
High Dps weapon does less damage than a two-handed weapon...

Steverd
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Try a Harpoon and see what kind of damage it does.

Steve

Gavry
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Damage dealt is something like: Max((Armour - Damage Roll), 0) + (Small Bonus)

If your fighting something that has 160 armour with a weapon that does 100-150 damage even with speed of 0.1 you will never do more then the Small Bonus damage. That's why DPS means very little. It's all about maximum possible damage. Most tanks still use Shock Lances because they have the highest Max damage in a 1h weapon.

FluffNStuff
11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Damage dealt is something like: Max((Armour - Damage Roll), 0) + (Small Bonus)

If your fighting something that has 160 armour with a weapon that does 100-150 damage even with speed of 0.1 you will never do more then the Small Bonus damage. That's why DPS means very little. It's all about maximum possible damage. Most tanks still use Shock Lances because they have the highest Max damage in a 1h weapon.

Also helps to debuff the hill outta the bosses, because his dodge is insane. Anyway, if your birds are using break armor and your mages are casting weakness and your 'punching' (crushing blow), your team will do some really nice damage to him with high dps items.

dirtball
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Also helps to debuff the hill outta the bosses, because his dodge is insane. Anyway, if your birds are using break armor and your mages are casting weakness and your 'punching' (crushing blow), your team will do some really nice damage to him with high dps items.

I was with a team the other day and bird's break armor pulled the keeper off the tank and we all died. Know crushing blow is OK. Must have been the team. I told them to use 2 handed swords but I think most level 50's probably don't carry any with them.
Thanks for the help.