PDA

View Full Version : All natural.

Balonia
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
So over the span of my playing, I have only used a couple power levelers elxir. For the most part, I grinded every minute of my players. I have never bought any piece of weapon or armor because I truly believe that they should been earned or given. As I have read over posts I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has done the same. I actually hate that I used those couple of elixers but I just got so impatient getting to 50! Anyway I guess you could say I'm hard core all naturale!

Lesrider
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't buy anything until I got to lvl 50. Till then, I looted (traded a couple pieces) or was gifted by ppl without even realizing it.
But at lvl 50, if you keep getting items you have or don't need, it made sense to me to sell and buy the stuff I do need. Also, at level 50, what else are you gonna use your gold for?

As for exp pots, I didn't use them till about lvl 48, and then rarely. I grinded all three of my chars to lvl 50, no leeching.

Snakespeare
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
There is no shame in using xp pots. The shame is on those who enter dungeons they are two low for, because they can have no impact, are a burden on the party, AND use xp elixirs. It is unfortunate that the stigma of leeching is on xp elixirs. But really, just because leeches use them does not mean anyone who uses them is a leech.

They only last 5 minutes. Even in the best circumstances you can not get more than 150 to 200 xp in that time. So, in actuality, it is costing people about 10 gp per xp to use them.

That said, I have 8 characters, most of whom got to their levels without any xp pots. But my main, when levelling towards the end in AO3, did use them. I just grew terribly impatient of grinding the same hallways over and over.