PDA

View Full Version : Why you should NOT complain about the arlor vanities

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 10:20 AM
The forum is spammed by the complain thread's about Sam's 'mistake'
But he made the right choice, tons of people were complaining about the return. Now he canceled the return of them and now are tons of people complaining. Some reasons why it was the right choice:

-The arlor vanities would be very common, like the halloween vanities.. Everyone has them!
-It won't be a special vanity anymore.
-It would be unfair for the people that bought it for like 1.2m or so.
-There won't be expensive vanities anymore, except the steel commando vests
-Tons of people complained about it

TEOKILLO
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Well said Justin

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Well said Justin
How do you know my name? XD and btw thnx

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:25 AM
But Sam said that they WILL be returning that's why most people who had Arlor SOLD them. Now when they see that Arlor will NOT be returning, they are pissed and this is how they react to sudden changes like this, they spam forums and make sure that STS knows they don't like this.
But I do agree with you, just explaining the situation here.

Wutzgood
12-05-2013, 10:25 AM
How about the fact that they are VANITIES. They are just for show and won't effect anyones stats by having them. Who cares if you can't afford them? They won't help your game playing anyway.

Personally I'm just waiting for the event which if its anything like the Halloween one it will be amazing.

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 10:27 AM
How about the fact that they are VANITIES. They are just for show and won't effect anyones stats by having them. Who cares if you can't afford them? They won't help your game playing anyway.

Personally I'm just waiting for the event which if its anything like the Halloween one it will be amazing.
Yes but there are a lot cheap vanities. The arlor ones are the cool and expensive ones.

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Well, a lot of people obviously like how they look and they like looking unique and different from the others.
The players want to look special.

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Well, a lot of people obviously like how they look and they like looking unique and different from the others.
The players want to look special.
Exactly, as example:
Not a lot people wears the cheap and common vanities because they aren't very unique. They want to look cool and not like everyone else or like lvl 11 people with Deary

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Exactly, as example:
Not a lot people wears the cheap and common vanities because they aren't very unique. They want to look cool and not like everyone else or like lvl 11 people with Deary

Exactly

Rare
12-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:33 AM

I see lots of ppl leaving.

Wutzgood
12-05-2013, 10:33 AM
No complaints here im a collector. Believe me I didn't want them to return. I paid a mil for my Santa one months ago and wasn't happy when they were supposed to return.

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:35 AM
No complaints here im a collector. Believe me I didn't want them to return. I paid a mil for my Santa one months ago and wasn't happy when they were supposed to return.

I understand that

Rare
12-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Exactly, as example:

I agree with you partly.

The fact is though that ship sailed once the announcement was made that they'd come back. In the end, I really hope STS learns from this. Just... don't... commit... to... it.

I agree... that would have sucked for you. But when you made that choice it was actually a risk. You didn't know if they'd come back or not. You HOPED they wouldn't. That's a risk. What's happening now wasn't a risk. Two completely different things IMO.

Alfai
12-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Perhaps such question of asking whethet an item will return in hope to triumph over market speculation is a wrong question to be asked after all.

Dear devs,
Im hesitating to open lockeds now.unless you confirm the myth weapon to return?

U lied.u said they will.ive sold mine and whr am i gonna get it?

Enrage in 30secs...

Xenobiotic
12-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Perhaps such question of asking whethet an item will return in hope to triumph over market speculation is a wrong question to be asked after all.

Dear devs,

Enrage in 30secs...

Lol

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Dear devs,

Enrage in 30secs...
Lets make 100 threads about this!

Rare
12-05-2013, 10:52 AM

Dear devs,

Enrage in 30secs...

Yeah... well... if developers said "Mythic Weapon event is coming during the winter event" and I bought a bunch of plat and crates with my gold, then they said "oh we changed our minds". Yes, I would rage. And I'm sure many other would. And I'd probably ask for a refund on my platinum. To make it more similar to this situation, lets say in this scenario they DID bring it back. But instead of brining the latest mythics back, they brought back the old ones and said "Oh, sorry you mistunderstood. We just said Mythics. We didn't say which ones".

That's my $0.02, and that's all I brought for lunch today. So I can't talk about this anymore.

Crowsfoot
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
What STS said: "Arlors will return"

What STS didn't say: "Arlor will be changed"

---

But, do you remember...

---

What STS said: "The new mythic pet Grimm will be added for Halloween"

What STS didn't say: "Grimm will be tradeable later on"

---

STS didn't lie (fact), but the entire truth wasn't given. Although many people are angry, "stunts" like this do help the game. If we knew exactly what would happen, when it would happen, and how it would affect us the economy would stay stagnate. It's the locked crates event that surprise us that drive up locked prices. If anyone recalls the average price of locked crates went down. However, the first mythic weapon event (the one that we weren't told about) resulted in locked crates more than doubling in price.

The result of this event will increase the old arlor items prices (I think the Santa hat for warriors and the mage tree suits, will be in the highest demand). However, the people who sold their arlors did get (from their point of view) screwed.

Meh, its still just a game. No one lost their homes, families, or life savings.

Uzii
12-05-2013, 10:57 AM

Dear devs,

Enrage in 30secs...

U cant expect those threads not to appear, on the contrary. The problem is they responded, it was not clear, they should know what reaction it will make.

Wise would be not to respond at all.

Alfai
12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
U cant expect those threads not to appear, on the contrary. The problem is they responded, it was not clear, they should know what reaction it will make.

Wise would be not to respond at all.

I dont expect many threads on this tbh.and i dont expect such question with the objective of making money and affirming speculations to be asked.

Yes they made mistake by responding.and when they changed it it trigger havoc.so be it thts undetstandable.

But again.why asked such thing.and in the past a)have such thing been asked b)have people got straight or truthful answer out of it

Desperoto
12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes but it's still the right choice, it would ruin the whole vanity itself

Alfai
12-05-2013, 11:14 AM
People r raging coz they made a gamble based on "right" speculation and it didnt turn out.
Its understandble as the currency can be in millions.altho im sure theres standardized tnc somewhere things are subject to change without prior notice.

Not playing devils advocatee i can understand the frustration.

What im saying is such question shouldnt be asked.if the devs always answer then pretty much the game is so very the predictable right

Delphina
12-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Hey guys! Lets try to keep this in one thread. Just look in AL General and you can find a few other threads regarding this. Here is one for example:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?127017-STS-changed-their-mind!