View Full Version : Pet and Pot transfer

iiirootzz
12-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Is there any specific reason why pets ( that are already hatched ) bind to account? i would LOVE to have my Slag transfered to another account..

Is this possible? I mean, I did pay a hefty sum of plat for it..

Also, the same with potions..

It would be amazing if they could make a potion transfer system, such as PL has implemented.

Carapace
12-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Is there any specific reason why pets ( that are already hatched ) bind to account? i would LOVE to have my Slag transfered to another account..

It would be amazing if they could make a potion transfer system, such as PL has implemented.

The problem specifically with potions is that there were exploits involved around when they were tradeable upon launch. Players were making new characters and running the initial content to quickly farm a lot of potions and trade them to their main, negating the need to buy them. For the good of the games economy and to remove that exploit potions were no longer allowed to be traded.

As for Pets, we run into issues with things like Achievement based pets being transferred between characters. Scams tied to selling the pet and not the egg, among other potential exploits.

The short answer is that it's done this way to preserve the integrity of the game and the economy within.

iiirootzz
12-06-2013, 07:04 PM

The problem specifically with potions is that there were exploits involved around when they were tradeable upon launch. Players were making new characters and running the initial content to quickly farm a lot of potions and trade them to their main, negating the need to buy them. For the good of the games economy and to remove that exploit potions were no longer allowed to be traded.

As for Pets, we run into issues with things like Achievement based pets being transferred between characters. Scams tied to selling the pet and not the egg, among other potential exploits.

The short answer is that it's done this way to preserve the integrity of the game and the economy within.

Ah! I wasn't aware of any of this. Thank you so much for the response ! xx

Extreme
12-06-2013, 07:09 PM

Makes sense.

Impact
12-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Potions should be allowed to traded though stash only so you have to reach travellers outpost. Also you should be able to accept a pet into another toon as long as its the sane lvl ex:lvl 36 slag shouldn't be allowed on lvl 10 rogue. Another thing is deleting pets in the stable,pets like barney have no potential use to experienced players and take up space.

Abaskiiaf
12-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Potions should be allowed to traded though stash only so you have to reach travellers outpost. Also you should be able to accept a pet into another toon as long as its the sane lvl ex:lvl 36 slag shouldn't be allowed on lvl 10 rogue. Another thing is deleting pets in the stable,pets like barney have no potential use to experienced players and take up space.

It is for an ap tho ultimately useful.

bhutkeyur
12-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Btw many people still using same kind of bug to farm locked. Make new char and u will get 5 plat by little bit of lvling - buy luck exiler. Farm with high lvl player in area like black ridge with having two lepre each player. When we make new toon Klass or other guy also give exiler (lucky if they get luck exiler). Delete toon and make new char - repeat whole process.

Derezzzed
12-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Btw many people still using same kind of bug to farm locked. Make new char and u will get 5 plat by little bit of lvling - buy luck exiler. Farm with high lvl player in area like black ridge with having two lepre each player. When we make new toon Klass or other guy also give exiler (lucky if they get luck exiler). Delete toon and make new char - repeat whole process.

People only really do that when they don't have a Lep, I don't think it's that bad of a thing to do, besides if they did have a lep, there wasting there time making those new toons, trading over any locks they got & repeating the process then just running on there main with a lep

Endeavorian
12-06-2013, 11:29 PM

Why not non tradeable, but stashable?

Theillist1
12-06-2013, 11:47 PM

Sounds like you need to develope your OWN game!

.+*^*+. Theillist1 .+*^*+.

bhutkeyur
12-07-2013, 06:47 AM
People only really do that when they don't have a Lep, I don't think it's that bad of a thing to do, besides if they did have a lep, there wasting there time making those new toons, trading over any locks they got & repeating the process then just running on there main with a lep

When i found this trick - my thoughts are same like you. Yeah its waste of time bla bla...
But When my friends earned 1m per day by just farming locked - I need to rethink about that. (Note: During Nordor expansion, Locked price in AH around 14k+)

basketholic209
12-07-2013, 07:37 AM
When i found this trick - my thoughts are same like you. Yeah its waste of time bla bla...
But When my friends earned 1m per day by just farming locked - I need to rethink about that. (Note: During Nordor expansion, Locked price in AH around 14k+)

You mean he farmed around 70 lockeds per day? Really?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
But, then why are pots tradeable in PL....?

Zeus
12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
But, then why are pots tradeable in PL....?

The liquidation rate is so high in PL that liquidating a few junk items will bring in the amount needed to buy potions in bulk.

So, it's not worth anyone's time to "exploit".

Energizeric
12-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I used to farm potions in PL. I used to run one of the AO dungeons (I think it was called Plasma Pyramid) where lots of gold drops. One run would bring about 3-4k in gold, and if you stashed all your potions, you would get 25 health and mana pots during the run as well. The run would take about 3-4 minutes, then visit the stash, store your potions and gold collected, then repeat. If you spent a couple hours doing that, you could make 50-100k gold and have about 1k health and mana pots which you could then sell.

In AL there is no place like this, and that's why gold is harder to come by in AL. I suggested this a while back, but it would be cool if there were some bosses that dropped large gold rewards instead of actual items. For example, just like we have locked crates, have some kind of chest that always contains just gold with no items. And maybe it falls from bosses on random occasion. I think I will post this idea in the suggestion forum.

Rare
12-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Somehow, I don't believe this. 70 crates per day?

Rare
12-07-2013, 01:20 PM
The liquidation rate is so high in PL that liquidating a few junk items will bring in the amount needed to buy potions in bulk.

So, it's not worth anyone's time to "exploit".

Pots were also cheaper (iirc) and not nearly as important there.

xXz21
12-07-2013, 01:25 PM

solution = create the potions for diferents lv.

example: Lv 1-10 1 potion regen 100hp Potion Lv 11-20 Regen 200 Potion Lv 21-30 Regen 300 Potion Lv 31-36 Regen 500.

easy.

iiirootzz
12-07-2013, 03:35 PM

solution = create the potions for diferents lv.

example: Lv 1-10 1 potion regen 100hp Potion Lv 11-20 Regen 200 Potion Lv 21-30 Regen 300 Potion Lv 31-36 Regen 500.

easy.

That's actually not a bad idea. O_o

More practical, and there isn't a negative side.. Except maybe to the coding that it would require on stg's side.

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Leveled potions? Pass

Honestly, I just want the 1k+ pots my crate farmers have hordes from when klaas gave them pots instead of luck elixirs on my main. Saves me a little but of gold.

Zylx
12-08-2013, 01:04 AM
How about having a single pool of potions binding to an account? At the creation of an account, a player gets 25/25 health/mana potions, and all potions are shared between all characters, but each character created does not add any new potions to the pool. Just like the 10 beginner plat

VanRah
12-08-2013, 04:08 AM
I used to farm potions in PL. I used to run one of the AO dungeons (I think it was called Plasma Pyramid) where lots of gold drops. One run would bring about 3-4k in gold, and if you stashed all your potions, you would get 25 health and mana pots during the run as well. The run would take about 3-4 minutes, then visit the stash, store your potions and gold collected, then repeat. If you spent a couple hours doing that, you could make 50-100k gold and have about 1k health and mana pots which you could then sell.

In AL there is no place like this, and that's why gold is harder to come by in AL. I suggested this a while back, but it would be cool if there were some bosses that dropped large gold rewards instead of actual items. For example, just like we have locked crates, have some kind of chest that always contains just gold with no items. And maybe it falls from bosses on random occasion. I think I will post this idea in the suggestion forum.

OMG!!! I can't believe I finally agree with u about something!!! O.o