PDA

View Full Version : can some one tell me why?

kevintr912
05-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Can you some one tell me why I see people with diff class but they can carry diff weapon for example: I see people their class is Archer but they use sword, and their class is warrior but they use bow. How do they do that. If they use the opposite weapon, can they use the the skill?

Azrael
05-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Because the only requirements for a player to use a specific weapon or armor type is the stats that character has invested in, not the class itself. Aka, a bear with lots of dex can use a bow, and a bear with lots of int can use a wand.

kevintr912
05-03-2010, 10:42 AM
So in that case can a bear use the archer and enchanteress skill too? since they can use the bow and wand

SlipperyJim
05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
No, your skills are determined by your race. Bears get bear skills, elves get enchantress spells, and chickens get chicken skills. ;) However, there doesn't seem to be any linkage between skills and gear. In other words, a bow-using bear can still "slash" and stomp. A sword-swinging chicken can still use Blast Shot.

Race determines:

skills (very important!)
starting attributes (not-so-important after the first few levels)
appearance

Current attributes determine:

which gear you can use (very important)
"secondary" attributes, such as dodge, crit %, health & mana regen, etcetera (also influenced by gear)

Clear enough?

kevintr912
05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
So if a warrior using bow , then it can use all the skills of an Archer? or only some skill? what about a archer using sword then which skill the archer able to use from class warrior. I noticed lots of people doing that. That why i get confused

SlipperyJim
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough.... ;)

Bears use warrior skills. Avians use archer skills. Elves use Enchantress "spells" (which are really skills). These skills are not determined by your attributes or equipment, only by your race. The only way to change which skills you can use is to delete your character and start over with another race.

Any class may use any equipment, as long as they have the right attributes for it. An avian with high Strength can use swords & axes, and he can also wear chain/plate armour. A bear with high Dexterity can use bows, crossbows, daggers, and talon spikes. Using equipment depends entirely on your attributes, not your class. Since your attributes can be reassigned at will (through buying "respecs" in the Platinum store), you can change your equipment around easily.

SO ... a bear can use a crossbow if he has enough Dexterity to meet the necessary requirements. However, he will be limited to warrior skills only. (Don't ask me how you "slash" with a crossbow....) The only way for a bear to use archer skills is to delete and re-create as an avian.

kevintr912
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
so I can use any weapon if I'm an Archer or Warrior right? as long I met the requirement to equip that item? does it effects my damage on my class if I use a wrong weapon? for example: I'm a Archer but I equip sword. Thanks for your help

Royce
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
No, there is no penalty for using gear designed for a different class. An archer with a sword will do the same damage as a bear with the same sword and the same stats (not taking into account skills that affect damage).

kevintr912
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Can a Warrior or Archer still able to use all of their skils if they use different class weapon beside their original weapon?

Royce
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes, they can.

kevintr912
05-04-2010, 12:18 PM
just wondering can we reset our skill point too if we add it incorectly? I know we can reassing the attribute point. What about skill point?

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
When you pay for a respec you reset the points you have put into your attributes and skills. So yes.