PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Staff

Energizeric
12-07-2013, 03:57 AM
I have got to get myself one of these...

Tonight I was experimenting 1 on 1 with a mage who has an arcane staff.

We tried 3 times in a row, and here is how powerful it is... I start by cursing him and then putting up my shield (charged so I get 2 seconds of invulnerability). He can then kill me before the curse wears off without killing himself in the process. All this while I am attacking him with lightning strike and my mythic gun. My gear is full mythic with full +3 gems, and with pet I have 3600 health.

Pretty powerful and definitely worthy of the name "arcane". :)

falmear
12-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Charged attack sucks, just wait until you get one and use it and you'll know what I mean. +60 INT sounds impressive but its less then +10% damage. And don't get me started with +10 mana regen when I have 5830 mana. However I wouldn't sell it. But if there was ever an arcane gun, I'd toss this thing in a heart beat.

Joncheese
12-07-2013, 05:43 AM
The difference compared to the gun is crazy, but i do agree with Falm that if an arcane gun came out i would be on it like a Tramp on chips. The staff is good, the proc is ok and if you crit someone with lightning with the extra dmg it hurts alot. I wouldnt sell mine though..... Ener perhaps you should have a play with mine or Ems one day ;)

Btw check ur pm :)

Energizeric
12-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm saving up for one. As I don't open crates anymore and have never looted a mythic or arcane item, gold comes to me only by way of merching mostly, so it's a slow road. At the current pace, I'm guessing I'll be able to get one around the end of this season, so that leaves the question if I'll even want it by then. If the trend holds, it should still be the best mage weapon for next season, but will it really be that much better than next season's mythic weapon? Who knows. And then I wonder what they will do as far as arcane items next season. Will they continue the same trend and release a new rogue weapon? Or maybe they'll release new ones for all classes? Who knows. So for right now I just continue to save my gold. I need those wealth APs anyway, so I'm working on that as well.

falmear
12-07-2013, 02:05 PM
If they don't release an arcane gun next season, they could very well release a new mythic gun. I think the arcane staff will always have the edge when it comes to health. But any gun will have better range & accuracy. But you can see the trend of arcane hooks & maul as to the fate of the arcane staff with respect to damage.

Desperoto
12-07-2013, 04:25 PM
If they don't release an arcane gun next season, they could very well release a new mythic gun. I think the arcane staff will always have the edge when it comes to health. But any gun will have better range & accuracy. But you can see the trend of arcane hooks & maul as to the fate of the arcane staff with respect to damage.
Yes mages definitly need a better weapon next season.... Arcane... Bow...

falmear
12-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes mages definitly need a better weapon next season.... Arcane... Bow...

I'd love an arcane bow. Pew, pew....

Desperoto
12-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I've love an arcane bow. Pew, pew....
Imagine rogues with 600 damage and 40+ crit

falmear
12-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Imagine rogues with 600 damage and 40+ crit

Rogues already have 40% crit. Next season it will probably 50%.

Hinataa
12-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Pew pew lol

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I swear, if STS gives the warrior class a arcane sword and shield as our next arcane weapon I'm going to break something. However, I think it was a poor choice giving us a mythic hammer instead of a sword (our dps weapon). Since rouges got hooks (essentially blades) and mages got a staff.

Energizeric
12-07-2013, 07:54 PM
I suppose if the current pattern continues they will have an arcane bow for rogues next season. However, that pattern would also call for mythic gun, bow and sword/shield. However I don't see them having both arcane bow and mythic bow, so maybe they will change something up. Maybe time for new weapon designs? Maybe a third option for each class?

iiirootzz
12-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Maybe time for new weapon designs? Maybe a third option for each class?

We can only hope.

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 09:52 PM
@Jon's new Sig: YOU KILLED MUFASSA!

Spyce
12-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Gun > Staff in PvP.
Staff > Gun in PvE.

Haligali
12-08-2013, 05:25 AM
I swear, if STS gives the warrior class a arcane sword and shield as our next arcane weapon I'm going to break something. However, I think it was a poor choice giving us a mythic hammer instead of a sword (our dps weapon). .

There are two type of staffs for sorcerers: high dps low dmg, and high dmg lower dps. Arcane staff is the second.

will0
12-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Arcane staff normal non charge skill just ad the extra +60 int is nothing to awe about .... compare to a level 31 arcane maul (high DMG, frequent AOE stun without charging it). What is the mana regen for arcane staff for i don't think it is even useful for smurfs.....

Charge skill as many says does nothing, mage requires to charge most of their skill to stun mobs PVE or PVP, if there's a new mythic weapon for smurf i.e gun it will be a better weapon than kershel. That's why the 31 arcane maul still more OP than a 36 Kershel.

Beelzebewb
12-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Rogues already have 40% crit. Next season it will probably 50%.

Combine that with 50%+ base dodge, not including Razor... =)

Sorcerie
12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
This thread is really causing me to question whether or not to save up for one of these...

+60 int as a main proc is nothing to write home about considering the duration is only a few seconds, not to mention that the +10 mana regen on auto attack is practically worthless to a mage with a massive mana pool. No one spams auto attack enough for that to be significant. Then there is the issue of the charged attack taking way longer than first advertised.

Meanwhile Maul is stunning everything in it's path on tap and is five levels below the staff. Something is def wrong with this picture.

Don't get me wrong, visually it's an awesome staff and the stats are quite good (and even better with gems), but the proc leaves a great deal to be desired.

falmear
12-09-2013, 02:01 PM
As I am sure you are well aware of, arcane staff right now is the best weapon in the game for a mage. The damage increase over mythic gun or staff is significant. Also it gives you a lot more health. So on these 2 points it makes it arcane. Paired with Samael, you're a formidable opponent in PvP. The proc is mediocre at best and charged attack is useless. Don't hold your breath about the proc or charged attack being changed. Because I posted about charged attack a long time ago and nothing has been done so far and not even an acknowledgement about the problem. I'm not so sure when the next level cap is but when I bought it I could justify the crazy cost by knowing I would have it for a while plus next season. But if you have a mythic staff, you may want to wait it out and see what happens next season. Whatever the new mythic is for next season could easily over shadow the arcane staff if it has a better proc. I miss the proc on the mythic gun, it was great in PvP and useful against bosses in PvE.

phillyr
12-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I was disappointed when I borrowed a staff from my buddy for a couple hours, the increased spell damage was great...but the staff as a weapon is totally useless

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorcerie
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I was disappointed when I borrowed a staff from my buddy for a couple hours, the increased spell damage was great...but the staff as a weapon is totally useless

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkNice to know that you're basically paying for a decent stat boost and sparkles, lol.