PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Selections: How did your country fair?

LionHeart
12-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Hello all!

I live in the U.S. where, while continuing to increase, soccer (a.k.a. Football) is on the low end of sports popularity. I can proudly say I had the opportunity to play when it was first introduced in my area and have loved it since. With the U.S. being placed in Germany's bracket, I feel we got a really tough draw. Even Ghana is an obstacle and a must win for those precious 3 points.

For those of you in other countries (or even here in the U.S.) who follow this beautiful sport, what are your opinions of what grouo your country was drawn into? Would love to hear your opinions and even possible outcomes of next years World Cup.

*PLEASE keep this civil as I know how passionate fans can be in regards to their country.*

Coolmask
12-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Well I live in Holland, and we have tough teams before us.
We need to win of last year champions Spain, and if we become first in our bracket we have another problem (I hope so) we're against Brazil.

dudetus
12-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I just wish that the glorious and mighty Finland would some day make it to the world cup

XghostzX
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
U.S.A. has a tough draw - The only way they'll make it, based off statistical predictions, is that U.S.A. will beat Ghana but have to pull off one more game... hopefully going 2-1 and advancing.

And I'm from the usa haha... in case you couldn't tell.

LionHeart
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Well I live in Holland, and we have tough teams before us.
We need to win of last year champions Spain, and if we become first in our bracket we have another problem (I hope so) we're against Brazil.

Is Ronaldo still playing for Spain? And yes, Brazil is a tough draw for possible first game after pool play.

I just wish that the glorious and mighty Finland would some day make it to the world cup

Maybe one day! Steal some peeps from The Netherlands and Sweeden. lol

U.S.A. has a tough draw - The only way they'll make it, based off statistical predictions, is that U.S.A. will beat Ghana but have to pull off one more game... hopefully going 2-1 and advancing.

And I'm from the usa haha... in case you couldn't tell.

An uoset of Germany like the Brazil upset of '94 would be sweet. I was in a soccer camp during that World Cup and the romm which we watched the game erupted when it was over! One of those days I won't forget!

Cheenivie
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Ye, ye Canada op af ranked like before last gg.

Don't worry we still the best hockey team;)

BodMaster
12-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm from the UK, so football is a big part of my life, and get to go watch my Premiere team play every few months.

But unfortunately for me, Wales team hardly make the qualifying rounds these days, so not looking to good for me anytime soon. We have Rugby, so it's not all that bad tho (:

Though I can still, follow England as a back up team. I tend to favour watching Portugal/Spain/Brazil and got to love those Germans play football tho.

@LionHeart wasn't that an April Fool's Day joke that got out of hand? Haha

Zojak
12-10-2013, 11:00 PM
The Canadian team generally isn't very good. So I'll be cheering for the other half of my heritage, which would be England :D

programmed
12-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I prefer to play the sports that watch them

Uafaud
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
lol im from iran xD in argentina and nigeria doubt beat any... -_- plus we screwed messi facebook page soo far....