PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Variation

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 07:15 PM
This thread is designed to point out, what I belive to be, a flaw in weapon variation amongst classes.

The following is a list of the types of weapons each class can use and its general purpose:

Mages:

Staff- dps weapon

Gun- damage weapon

Rogues:

Knives- dps weapon

Bow- damage weapon

Warriors:

Sword- dps weapon

Hammer- damage weapon

Axe- balance weapon (your dps and damage will be exactly the same with this weapon)

Sword and shield- low dps weapon, but increases armor

---

Why do warriors have those last two types? Wouldn't it make sense to have at least a balance weapon for each class too?

Sleepdeprived
12-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Yep, i mentioned this in a thread back of this. They should add more weapon types for rogues and mages. An armor weapon would be a nice option for mage imo.

Jaqualina
12-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Warriors do have a wide range of choice, though I think most tanks choose Hammers. then sword for pvp. I don't see many with sword and shield. But rogues did have daggers that would boost int or str. Mages i'm not too sure if they had any weapons to boost dex/str.

Ebezaanec
12-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Rogues get a katana? Hehe :)

Abaskiiaf
12-07-2013, 08:37 PM

Would love that!

Crowsfoot
12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Warriors do have a wide range of choice, though I think most tanks choose Hammers. then sword for pvp. I don't see many with sword and shield. But rogues did have daggers that would boost int or str. Mages i'm not too sure if they had any weapons to boost dex/str.
Its the opposite (IMO). Sword for PvE and hammer for PvP. Although, as an all around weapon I prefer the lvl35 entombed hammer of warfare over the lvl36 architect blade of assault.

Frekken
12-07-2013, 10:26 PM
And regarding to staff and gun I think its the other way arround

Int
12-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Mages should get wand and rogue should get a 2h sword

Crowsfoot
12-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Suggested new types of weapons=

Mages:

Crystal ball- balanced weapon, where dps and damage are the same.

(?)- less dps than a staff, but increases armor.

Rogues:

Pike- balanced weapon, where dps and damage are the same.

Gauntlets- lower dps than knives, but increases armor.

Konviict
12-08-2013, 03:33 AM
My suggestion is, i know this aint a suggestion thread but my suggestion woulde be (for rog) they add javelins, axe throws , crossbows or knives wiith poison :D

For warr it can be a scimitar, fast, high dps but not that high damage

falmear
12-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Most mages want a high damage weapon. I don't care about dps because I'm too busy using skills. In between cool downs I will fire my staff or gun. If you just spam your auto attack then dps is good but I don't know anyone who does this. Maybe this is good for other classes but sacrificing damage for dps IMO isn't worth it for a mage. I think though mages could benefit from a weapon which gives them armor. But it's never going to be anywhere in the range to make any significant difference. Also right now staffs have the highest damage and dps then guns. Even legendary staffs have higher damage then legendary guns of the same level.

Daddyblu
12-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Suggested new types of weapons=

Mages:

Crystal ball- balanced weapon, where dps and damage are the same.

(?)- less dps than a staff, but increases armor.

Rogues:

Pike- balanced weapon, where dps and damage are the same.

Gauntlets- lower dps than knives, but increases armor.

I like pikes! its used in ragnarok for nights / warrior.

Crowsfoot
12-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I like pikes! its used in ragnarok for nights / warrior.

Gauntlets seem pretty boss too, IMO. Metalic goves used for beating people up would look pretty cool. I especially like some of the examples on Google where they have bladed fingers.

Xenobiotic
12-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Oh god, if they added that I hope it would be more powerful then bows because I would be nukin' rofl.

SayCreed
12-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Lol bio

Imagine rogue gets Ak47

Pew pew

Crowsfoot
12-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Lol bio

Imagine rogue gets Ak47

Pew pew

Sorry I can't here you over my gattleling gun with a grenade launcher proc ;)

But really, lets keep this somewhat serious.

Wutzgood
12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Most mages want a high damage weapon. I don't care about dps because I'm too busy using skills. In between cool downs I will fire my staff or gun. If you just spam your auto attack then dps is good but I don't know anyone who does this. Maybe this is good for other classes but sacrificing damage for dps IMO isn't worth it for a mage. I think though mages could benefit from a weapon which gives them armor. But it's never going to be anywhere in the range to make any significant difference. Also right now staffs have the highest damage and dps then guns. Even legendary staffs have higher damage then legendary guns of the same level.

Its true. This season staffs rule damage and dps stats. Architect staff of brutality is the best non mythic/arcane weapon there is. Nothing else gives higher damage and only a few other staves have higher dps(charward, firesquid and flame strike) but their damage is alot lower.

Crowsfoot
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Its true. This season staffs rule damage and dps stats. Architect staff of brutality is the best non mythic/arcane weapon there is. Nothing else gives higher damage and only a few other staves have higher dps(charward, firesquid and flame strike) but their damage is alot lower.

When an arcane gun comes I don't think anyone will think mages are underpowered. However, I will have already been one hit by an arcane bow before the mage finds me ;)

Abaskiiaf
12-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Lol bio

Imagine rogue gets Ak47

Pew pew

Instant death xD

Temarichan
12-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Japanese style weapons....

-(--)- hold it. While we're talking about this, this Temari needs a fan. ;3

Daddyblu
12-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Gauntlets seem pretty boss too, IMO. Metalic goves used for beating people up would look pretty cool. I especially like some of the examples on Google where they have bladed fingers.

Gloves / Gauntlets are weapons for a Character class called Monks.

Most monks in different online games have the skills below.

with Skills

Asura Strike -
Divine - Heal
Extremity Fist
5 Fingers
5 palm combo and more.

Most monk combo use bare hands.

This would be a lovely addition to the game.

HeartlessR
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I believe they're like axes or something for rogues but they literally are no different then daggers from what i've seen apart from daggers being better. I'd love a pair of gauntlets or like claws or something with faster attack speed then daggers but less damage. I think that'd be pretty awesome