PDA

View Full Version : The single most annoying part of AL, that absolutely HAS to be changed...

Sokpuppet
12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm well aware that this has probably been posted about 437 times, but since I don't see it on the front page and I haven't had my coffee yet I'm not going to search for it, I'm just going to start a new thread to reiterate it. The chat system... UGH... I absolutely love almost everything about this game but I feel like a change to the chat system has been needed for a very long time. We really need chat tabs. I know the limited size of a smart phone screen is probably the reason that it hasn't been done in the past (having several tabs would make it difficult to click each tab) but there must be a way around this. I'm fairly certain I've seen it implemented in other games with not too many complications. I know EVERYONE here has accidentally sent a message to the wrong place. Whether its a pm to the wrong person, accidentally typing /g when you meant to type /o, etc, etc, etc. Just this morning I had typed /r and typed my whole message out to someone. As my finger was reaching for the enter key, a random messaged me and my brain didn't process it quickly enough to abort the sending of the message. :( Other times (after I've had my coffee obviously) I manage to abort the message, go back and type /t and attempt to type the intended messagee (that should be a word) only to realize that I can't fit their name in there and now I have to remove parts of my message. Please, please, please add some sort of tab system so we can keep guild chat, global chat, officer chat, and PMs separate. :)

Abaskiiaf
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm well aware that this has probably been posted about 437 times, but since I don't see it on the front page and I haven't had my coffee yet I'm not going to search for it, I'm just going to start a new thread to reiterate it. The chat system... UGH... I absolutely love almost everything about this game but I feel like a change to the chat system has been needed for a very long time. We really need chat tabs. I know the limited size of a smart phone screen is probably the reason that it hasn't been done in the past (having several tabs would make it difficult to click each tab) but there must be a way around this. I'm fairly certain I've seen it implemented in other games with not too many complications. I know EVERYONE here has accidentally sent a message to the wrong place. Whether its a pm to the wrong person, accidentally typing /g when you meant to type /o, etc, etc, etc. Just this morning I had typed /r and typed my whole message out to someone. As my finger was reaching for the enter key, a random messaged me and my brain didn't process it quickly enough to abort the sending of the message. :( Other times (after I've had my coffee obviously) I manage to abort the message, go back and type /t and attempt to type the intended messagee (that should be a word) only to realize that I can't fit their name in there and now I have to remove parts of my message. Please, please, please add some sort of tab system so we can keep guild chat, global chat, officer chat, and PMs separate. :)

+1 :)