PDA

View Full Version : What has low lvl pvp come to?

Pancakepanic
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
STS has some work to do. In this thread, i am going to express some of my opinions about low lvl pvp, and some of the issues i have encountered. Ultimately, most, if not all of the problems i am having come down to player respect, and that is something STS cannot fix. I know you guys work hard at STS to make this game fun and enjoyable for all players, but there are problems you guys cant fix.
Problem #1: RESPECT
The level of respect for other players in low lvl pvp is ridiculous, and i think it is near, if not already at, 0. Most players just rush, then shout "cry moar" with a barrage of other curse words. I know by saying that <-- in my thread, im gonna get a bunch of flak about how "rushing is part of the game" and and endless amount of criticization, but i know whats coming, and i really just dont care. In the past few months, right after the nerf, there were mamy attempts to stop spawning and rushing, but they failed were ultimately removed. It is obviously hard, but there has to be a solution to this. I am an accomplished player, and have spent around $100 on platinum, and dont think players who havnt spent anywhere near the amount of time or money playing should be able to kill me and ruin my KDR for no apparent reason. I am by no reason asking for favoritism because i have bought plat and spent hours playing the game, but only asking for a solution to rushing. I will be adding to this thread hopefully every day.
Thanks for your time,
Pancakepanic

Burningdex
12-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Kd means nothing ............ But i agree iw as in bear 26 for some reason to day and a mage friend was rushed by a bear and the bear was spamming cry moar plz u nub

Promagin
12-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Lololol this made me laugh so hard

Bhurtz
12-08-2013, 07:33 PM
u act like you're some oldie pvper pre forg and people need to respect you, calm down already

TEOKILLO
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
u act like you're some oldie pvper pre forg and people need to respect you, calm down already

Wut he said:)

Burningdex
12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Wut he said:)

^^^

Pancakepanic
12-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Lololol this made me laugh so hard

Whats so funny?

IGN Storm
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
STS has some work to do. In this thread, i am going to express some of my opinions about low lvl pvp, and some of the issues i have encountered. Ultimately, most, if not all of the problems i am having come down to player respect, and that is something STS cannot fix. I know you guys work hard at STS to make this game fun and enjoyable for all players, but there are problems you guys cant fix.
The level of respect for other players in low lvl pvp is ridiculous, and i think it is near, if not already at, 0. Most players just rush, then shout "cry moar" with a barrage of other curse words. I know by saying that <-- in my thread, im gonna get a bunch of flak about how "rushing is part of the game" and and endless amount of criticization, but i know whats coming, and i really just dont care. In the past few months, right after the nerf, there were mamy attempts to stop spawning and rushing, but they failed were ultimately removed. It is obviously hard, but there has to be a solution to this. I am an accomplished player, and have spent around $100 on platinum, and dont think players who havnt spent anywhere near the amount of time or money playing should be able to kill me and ruin my KDR for no apparent reason. I am by no reason asking for favoritism because i have bought plat and spent hours playing the game, but only asking for a solution to rushing. I will be adding to this thread hopefully every day.
Thanks for your time,
Pancakepanic

KDR is nothing buy a fancy number. No point of having a 1000:1 KDR if you don't have the skills to back it up. And if buying plat means that you shouldn't be killed by free to play players, then the game is more screwed than STS could ever make it. $100 into PL in nothing compared to what many other players spent. Rushing will be part of the game, and always will be. Just be thankful there are SOME Go-Gf fights out there. If you care for criticism, couldn't you just not care whether you get rushed or not? And last time i checked, you were only level 75 on your main which may be "accomplished" in your eyes but not at all in many others who have multiple capped characters.

But I agree with you on the trash talking part. It needs more attention but unfortunately all the devs are too busy monitoring AL.

Everyone needs to be respected and have their opinions heard (1st amendment)

Burningdex
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
KDR is nothing buy a fancy number. No point of having a 1000:1 KDR if you don't have the skills to back it up. And if buying plat means that you shouldn't be killed by free to play players, then the game is more screwed than STS could ever make it. $100 into PL in nothing compared to what many other players spent. Rushing will be part of the game, and always will be. Just be thankful there are SOME Go-Gf fights out there. If you care for criticism, couldn't you just not care whether you get rushed or not? And last time i checked, you were only level 75 on your main which may be "accomplished" in your eyes but not at all in many others who have multiple capped characters.

But I agree with you on the trash talking part. It needs more attention but unfortunately all the devs are too busy monitoring AL.

Too bad im out of thanks :) this post desrves more than ive seen in past few days

Pancakepanic
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Honestly, the kd doesnt mean much to me. The only reason i see it as partially important is because if i have a bad one, other pvpers will see me as food, which only leads to more rushing. And i think there is some confusion about rhe money spending part. Im just saying i shouldnt be dumping money into a game that i get disrespected on. BY NO MEANS did i mean i deserve special treatement just because i bought platinum. I think i would quit the game if that happened.

Schnitzel
12-08-2013, 10:58 PM
What i havent understood in pvp is
Why do people rush other players then say "Cry Moar" and/or use profanity?

pvp is just a player vs. player game.
Why do we need to add the hate?

These are just my thoughts from some of my experiences either in a pvp/ctf match, or from reading chat in a towne

birdmasta
12-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Some people add hate because the victims actually do cry or whine ._. Not that I do it. Js.

pvp is just a player vs. player game.
Why do we need to add the hate?

These are just my thoughts from some of my experiences either in a pvp/ctf match, or from reading chat in a towne

IGN Storm
12-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Honestly, the kd doesnt mean much to me. The only reason i see it as partially important is because if i have a bad one, other pvpers will see me as food, which only leads to more rushing. And i think there is some confusion about rhe money spending part. Im just saying i shouldnt be dumping money into a game that i get disrespected on. BY NO MEANS did i mean i deserve special treatement just because i bought platinum. I think i would quit the game if that happened.

If one pixel killing another pixel without the first pixel agreeing to it counts as disrespect, you'll never survive in the real world. I don't want to be harsh but face it you'll get disrespected just as much on COD, GTA, WOW, LOL, MC, RS, and all the other major games unless you go play Farmville or Club Penguin. I know its hard but you must learn to ignore and cope with people like this. Its very hard to even get someone arrested for yelling profanity at you in real life.

Simply because its anonymous so they can satisfy their desires to make other people feel just as bad as they do in real life.

Kixxler
12-09-2013, 12:26 AM
There are so many things wrong with low level pvp, and the first thing you come up with is respect? No one cares about your kdr

Trenton
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
There are so many things wrong with low level pvp, and the first thing you come up with is respect? No one cares about your kdr I had a dream I met you irl

You had the face/head of your avatar

but you were so badass

Sorry for the randomness, just thought I'd point that out

Rot
12-09-2013, 01:37 AM
So you're complaining about your kdr getting wrecked by rushers in your first post, and then say you don't care about kdr, you just don't wanna get rushed? Are players on the opposing team supposed to check your kdr before rushing you? I think not. And do you really think that people will ask you for your account's plat purchase history (to check how much you've spent) and then compare yours to theirs before rushing you? No one cares how much plat you've bought. If you feel sooooo accomplished and have really achieved something in PL, keep it to yourself. If you're playing a l10 bear with a plat pack and you get owned by a l10 bear with a Forest bow, the problem isn't how much you've spent, your skills are the problem. Skills aren't something that are purchasable with plat.

There isn't a solution to rushing, the best you could do is to join a pvp guild your level just in case of teaming. It's really simple, bear this in your mind: "Oh, you've killed me? I'll kill you twice in return". If you really couldn't handle the players, it's not our problem, neither is it Stg's.

Rescind
12-09-2013, 03:30 AM
If you're known in low levels then people won't rush you. As many people stated kdr isn't everything. A lot of people literally cry when people rush and destroy their kdr. In my opinion, if you go make some friends or join an active guild in your level range, you wouldn't have much of a problem with rushers. If you think the rushing is bad now, you have no idea how it was before forg nerf and the damage nerf. There were a few players that rushed new people constantly and they were fairly skilled (like bous,sit,alphablock,diablo). Getting rushed builds your skills if you look at it in a brighter perspective

angeldawn
12-09-2013, 10:43 AM
If one pixel killing another pixel without the first pixel agreeing to it counts as disrespect, you'll never survive in the real world. I don't want to be harsh but face it you'll get disrespected just as much on COD, GTA, WOW, LOL, MC, RS, and all the other major games unless you go play Farmville or Club Penguin. I know its hard but you must learn to ignore and cope with people like this. Its very hard to even get someone arrested for yelling profanity at you in real life.

Simply because its anonymous so they can satisfy their desires to make other people feel just as bad as they do in real life.

Couldn't have said it better.

VVake
12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Um go play monopoly if you cant handle it

Kixxler
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I had a dream I met you irl

You had the face/head of your avatar

but you were so badass

Sorry for the randomness, just thought I'd point that out

thx

i imagine u r very manly too

Gracious
12-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Solution: GitGud

johnny6880
12-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Thats why they invented mute :)

XghostzX
12-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Why is the STS community the only MMO community that thinks "go" is "proper" PvP? ...

Cheenivie
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
When I saw this thread I go kill myself, get revived by a mage, go punch you in the face, go cry after realizing what this game has come to and kill myself again.

Btw 100$ isn't a lot and if you want any kind of favoritism I'd say spend at least another grand on this game. Even then meh.

Caiahar
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Lol, I know many "rushers" who are actually amazingly skilled at their class. They don't trash talk at all, unlike..them DOGGIESSSSS. Most "go" people don't have a chance against these.
Most solutions are get a higher level and pwn their face, or get in a well known/good pvp guild that always backs you up, I myself don't join pvp guilds, as I "Like to go solo"
And also it helps if you're well known, like that random Kewl nub said up there, as you can always ask for help. Whats better for is that they're forum friends :)

Reunegade
12-11-2013, 04:11 PM
When I saw this thread I go kill myself, get revived by a mage, go punch you in the face, go cry after realizing what this game has come to and kill myself again.

Btw 100$ isn't a lot and if you want any kind of favoritism I'd say spend at least another grand on this game. Even then meh.
do u wanna be alive again?

Cheenivie
12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
do u wanna be alive again?

pls much health

Reunegade
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
pls much health
Rise from the dead, butthead

Hitmanmage
12-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Lol, rushing is a part of the game mate, its a game bud u cant expect respect from a bunch of people u dont know all i can suggest is that u rush back ;) it is pretty fun u should try it haha, keep legit fights for people u know or people who r willing to call u out , if not then KILL, its a game just have fun :) piece

lightzone
12-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Do bekon stahmp den u will wen g.g rekt

Hadesofshadow
12-15-2013, 06:11 AM
can i have love Q_Q

Dancce
01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Kd means nothing ............ But i agree iw as in bear 26 for some reason to day and a mage friend was rushed by a bear and the bear was spamming cry moar plz u nub

Yup, and like this guy, he rushed me and he's like 'You're my 800th Kill!' Or something. Then, he says 'Cry!' And leaves the game immediately.

-Dancce, Ign- Dancce l20 Pally

Dancce
01-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Lol, rushing is a part of the game mate, its a game bud u cant expect respect from a bunch of people u dont know all i can suggest is that u rush back ;) it is pretty fun u should try it haha, keep legit fights for people u know or people who r willing to call u out , if not then KILL, its a game just have fun :) piece

Actually, I'm a l20 Pally so rushes not that ez on me. When I see it coming (rarely), I charge across the battlefield and shout 'Hmm? Were you looking for something?'

Reunegade
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Actually, I'm a l20 Pally so rushes not that ez on me. When I see it coming (rarely), I charge across the battlefield and shout 'Hmm? Were you looking for something?'
Must English
Much 101

WeLoveJesus
01-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Well... Most of the time I myself say go (unless sometimes vs. Family members or rushers). Although I'm in endgame PVP, I would like to ask you something. How do we prevent people from rushing? We can say "NO RUSH NOOB" or etc., but people will still rush nevertheless. And as to "CRY MOAR PLZ NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUB," just feel pity on them for having to step on ppls' feelings and trashtalk so they themselves can feel better. And as to the KDR, it's just a number... As Holy said, "KDR doesn't matter. It's your skills that matter the most." If you develop a reputation for being "pro," people will give you the respect you deserve.

Ubernewber
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for your time,
Pancakepanic

#TheDescriptionOfRekt

aav5224
01-06-2014, 05:01 PM
founders + f-bow= thinks he is pro nub :) i always see this in lower lvl pvp

Depury
01-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks for your time,
Pancakepanic

I'd have to say I agree with you. However, now I find that even after you've decimated someone, you'll still be called a "noob" and be sworn at. It's extremely annoying. After a while I'll crack and type something like, "how am I the noob, I'm pwning u" and apparently these poor sports just can't resist saying something stupid. And I quote:

Cry moar

Go *bleep* yourself

Plus all the assorted "cry" phrases. Seriously, grow up kids.

Fully supportive, ~Dep

Depury
01-06-2014, 06:46 PM
#TheDescriptionOfRekt

Rekt is my fav word atm cx

(dey c me trollin', dey hatin') xD