PDA

View Full Version : Seriously guys whatsup with your servers?

Jig
12-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I honestly swear it just keeps getting worse and worse... I recently upgraded to an iPad 4 straight from an iPad 1, my internet is the fastest internet you can get around here, I have tried just about every tip and tricks to speed up my iPad & the wifi, I restored went through every little bit in my settings, turned contrast up, all notifications of EVERYTHING I tried with just ONE device connected to my wifi, it is nothing, so whats up STS? You downgraded the servers or something? I swear back with my iPad 1, when they kind of fixed the ping issue, it was actually not bad, still lagged of course, but yeah average 320-450

Now its average 440-500- up to 800's 900's 1k's, every game I have tried, I heard a lot of people having the same issue, I am aware I live far away, but the connection never used to be this bad, so I'm pretty sure it's your servers, first no content for such a long time, now the servers are spiking up and down.

Any secret tips for speeding up my internet ? Or my iPad?

Schnitzel
12-09-2013, 05:40 PM
could have to do with your country? (No not intended to be mean to anyone's country)

I remember back when i took a vacation to <Won't say on forums> that country blocked youtube..

Im guessing your country attempted to block some stuff and accidentally 1/2 blocked the connection to STS's servers?

just a theory..

Jig
12-09-2013, 10:16 PM
could have to do with your country? (No not intended to be mean to anyone's country)

I remember back when i took a vacation to <Won't say on forums> that country blocked youtube..

Im guessing your country attempted to block some stuff and accidentally 1/2 blocked the connection to STS's servers?

just a theory..

I know what you mean bro, i do, anything is possible... Who knows whats going on.. Kind of sucks actually i know most my aussie friends quit this game because of this reason

Jig
12-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Nothing dev's/mod's? Thought so

Rot
12-13-2013, 07:06 AM
hah i've always been happy when i see my ping at 300, cus thats the best i could get

Samhayne
12-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Where are you connecting from? If it was a server issue, then it would literally be affecting everyone, and it isn't. Sorry.

Jig
12-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Where are you connecting from? If it was a server issue, the it would literally be affecting everyone, and it isn't. Sorry.

Iv been hearing many complaints to Sam, not just me, or it could but just a big Co-Incidence ^^

I live in Australia, down under in Tasmania.. Just strange how all of a sudden it's gotten worse connection, ever since I got my iPad 4.

Itoopeo
12-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Sometimes ping jumps up also in finland. 100-120 ping is normal and then suddenly it jumps to thousands. I have noticed that lag happens same time to other players in game. (usually pvp)

Usually its stable tho

Jig
12-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Sometimes ping jumps up also in finland. 100-120 ping is normal and then suddenly it jumps to thousands. I have noticed that lag happens same time to other players in game. (usually pvp)

Usually its stable tho

Fin, Yeah wow you get a ping in Finland O.o also when I mean lag, I don't mean I spike up to 1000 every now again and shoot down to 330 or whatever, I mean, my stable connection ping is like 386 439-500's and quite a lot of spikes during the day.

Zeus
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Trust me, it's you man...
Upload Router:

Download Router:

I run everything just fine.

Itoopeo
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Upload Router:

Download Router:

lol you noob

1. connect to america
2. speedtest servers arent same than sts's servers

I run everything just fine. <-- eh..

btw custom avatars should not be possible

Itoopeo
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Just look at the difference.

Thats taken with my mobile phone 3G hotspot. Home wifi gives sometimes less than 5 ping to Turku.

FIN -> USA http://www.speedtest.net/result/3163524334.png

FIN -> FIN http://www.speedtest.net/result/3163528589.png

copy and paste the link to browser

Zeus
12-13-2013, 04:03 PM
btw custom avatars should not be possible

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98791-Identifying-Symptoms-Why-am-I-lagging&highlight=lagging

Read this.

Zeus
12-13-2013, 04:07 PM

Thats taken with my mobile phone 3G hotspot. Home wifi gives sometimes less than 5 ping to Turku.

Also, both those connections are rather terrible and I highly doubt that they are stable. I think that people just overrate their internet and don't realize that with MMOs, you need to have a heartbeat like connection. There's no buffering in MMOs, so the more stable your internet is, the better.

Itoopeo
12-13-2013, 05:48 PM

Also, both those connections are rather terrible and I highly doubt that they are stable. I think that people just overrate their internet and don't realize that with MMOs, you need to have a heartbeat like connection. There's no buffering in MMOs, so the more stable your internet is, the better.

Its stable enough to stay between 200-300

And its 3G so dont cry.
Show your 3G connection is it better?

Jig
12-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Upload Router:

Download Router:

I run everything just fine.

Maybe it is, how is that fair? I have the fastest internet you can get where I am, (I'm pretty sure)
What I would like to know is how the hell, do you go from a pretty good ping 300-400 and ever since I upgraded my iPad 1 to iPad 4, its HORRIBLE 450+ thats my average steadying apparently..

I keep thinking, what has my modem just gotten slower has it? Really can that happen? Highly doubt it, I'm starting to think its IOS 7, could it be possible? If there was a way to downgrade I would but I don't think you can on IOS 7+

Zeus
12-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Its stable enough to stay between 200-300

And its 3G so dont cry.
Show your 3G connection is it better?

Anyways, the point was that it's not the servers...I'm not going to argue with a kid.

Jig
12-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Anyways, the point was that it's not the servers...I'm not going to argue with a kid.

That leaves me with the option, attempt to downgrade my ios to 6.0, cause i am thinking its that then. can't see what else could have happened :(

Eddison Sukansingh
01-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Dear sir /madam,
I am from the Caribbean island of Trinidad and Tobago and I am getting the same server problem.
My Internet connection is 4G+ and my pings are on average 150~300.
I am quite sure my country has not blocked pocket legends servers because it's a open network.
Please attend to your server because it has become from bad to worse from the December to January period.
I am a paying credit card costumer.
I ask that you look into the problem because to me it is apparent that your server has become over worked and lack resetting.
Problems I am presently facing are ;-
1) When I login I get server shut down for maintenence.
1) I fully shut down the application from the application manager in my Samsung galaxy s2 and pocket legends starts back normally.

2) I get disconnected randomly while playing maps after which I test my Internet connection which streams YouTube movies with ease.
2) application is fully shut down from application manager and starts back working after a few attempts.

3) when logged in the updates menu is completely missing when no words on it.
3) application restarted and it loads back normally.

It is apparent that the server needs to be revamped.
Please look into this because I will report this to Google market as pocket legends being a malfunctioning application and request they look into it.
I am in no way that threatening and simply request rectification as a paying costumer.
Thank you for your continued assistance.

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Yup seems like the end is near.

Jig
01-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Yup seems like the end is near.

What makes you think that? :O

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 04:48 AM
What makes you think that? :O

I liek bein randum pls

Jig