PDA

View Full Version : Is Alien Oasis 1 broken?

Snakespeare
11-17-2010, 12:54 PM
I can't see any difference between map 5 and Sandstorm. They both have the exact same map, the exact same bosses in the exact same locations, and the exact same number of mobs. I could swear that map 5 used to be different, it did not have that many bosses before.

Also, please examine the drop rates. I got two purples in about 20 runs of Sandstorm, and no pinks. 20 times 5 is 100, so if there are no pinks after taking out 100 bosses, your drop rate is less than 1% for pinks and about 2% for purples. Even the greens are rare. I got about 5 greens in 20-ish runs, which translates to less than 5%. These drop rates have got to be an error.

FluffNStuff
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I can't see any difference between map 5 and Sandstorm. They both have the exact same map, the exact same bosses in the exact same locations, and the exact same number of mobs. I could swear that map 5 used to be different, it did not have that many bosses before.

Also, please examine the drop rates. I got two purples in about 20 runs of Sandstorm, and no pinks. 20 times 5 is 100, so if there are no pinks after taking out 100 bosses, your drop rate is less than 1% for pinks and about 2% for purples. Even the greens are rare. I got about 5 greens in 20-ish runs, which translates to less than 5%. These drop rates have got to be an error.

Can't comment on the maps, but I can tell you that back when AO1 came out it was dropping pinks like crazy and people were just farming the first two bosses of the last map. The Dev's then 'severely nerfed' the drop rate so now pinks in AO1 are extremely rare. Might be time to up it a little with the rush gone.

Snakespeare
11-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Can't comment on the maps, but I can tell you that back when AO1 came out it was dropping pinks like crazy and people were just farming the first two bosses of the last map. The Dev's then 'severely nerfed' the drop rate so now pinks in AO1 are extremely rare. Might be time to up it a little with the rush gone.

Thanks, Fluff,

Well, devs,

1.) those people are not here any more
2.) you nerfed the rush
3.) browse CS for L 40 pinks, please, and
4.) think about this decision.

It doesn't seem right to punish all future players for the bad behavior of a few past players.

Arterra
11-17-2010, 06:23 PM
at 37 with Sangaroh i quit ao1 for ao2 just to get drops. figures.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, who woulda thunk we would want those level 40 items someday?