PDA

View Full Version : spend plat to enter winter zones?

MetalForce
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought this game was free to play? You can spend plat just to enter the zones?

bramer
12-09-2013, 05:57 PM
You can find portals to these zones by killing bosses

MetalForce
12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
So, you can spend plat to buy portals, or you can farm for them. And you can spend plat on new items, or you can farm for portals to farm for tokens. Anyone else feel like a dairy cow being milked? I spend a decent amount of real money on plat, but this is rediculous

Irulelol
12-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Everything is optional, I mean the events running into January so plenty of time to have fun in even for free ^.^

bramer
12-09-2013, 06:12 PM
So, you can spend plat to buy portals, or you can farm for them. And you can spend plat on new items, or you can farm for portals to farm for tokens. Anyone else feel like a dairy cow being milked? I spend a decent amount of real money on plat, but this is rediculous

The way I see it is that you farm for a portal, then kill a boss which always drops tokens or a specific winter item, like special vanities or weapons. But the boss always drops one of those things.

FluffNStuff
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM

"You can play the game, or pay to skip past it." Your call.

Impact
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Lol i love how much things cost in al compared to other sts games its funny...

Spyce
12-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Wtf... I thought this game was free to play? You.seriously have to spend plat just to enter the zones?

You realize it's still F2P because you can find portals by killing bosses.

Urqui
12-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Welcome to Spacetime Games

Samhayne
12-09-2013, 07:10 PM
If you have the time to kill bosses and hunt for Tarlok's Rifts, then you can get everything that a user with Platinum can get.

If you don't have much time, then you have the convenience of using Platinum to shortcut your way to fighting bosses.

Valsacar
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I didn't even notice you could buy portals for plat... and I've been in there 3 times (in between the disconnects).

Muadipdukeatr
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
It's not even that hard lmao either take the hard way, or pay for the easy way, no reason to be rantin about it! You all ask like it's something new...

Dill1sHere
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
If you have the time to kill bosses and hunt for Tarlok's Rifts, then you can get everything that a user with Platinum can get.

If you don't have much time, then you have the convenience of using Platinum to shortcut your way to fighting bosses.
Is it a 1 time use?

Kakashis
12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Ouch, looks like it's not as free to play as Halloween event was!

baddiva
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Just farm jarl, you'll get the portal eventually...

frostine
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
So do you just beat any random boss for a 'chance' to get into a portal? Then beat whatever is in the portal to farm tokens/drops? Those daily quests don't offer tokens?

So far the only way I can see to enter one of four (not sure exact number can't connect to game) portals is via plat purchase.

As a casual player without a solid guild to form parties I'm not as enthused for this event but I could be convinced otherwise if people say its worth it. How many tokens drop from portals? Too busy to farm like its my job and want to know what I am getting into before I invest either time or plat. :)

smuggs
12-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Or if you're able to enter shuyal...I ran once through shadow plains and then forest breach and after killing overgrowth I got a portal...odds don't seem too bad...ran jarl about 12 times and didn't get a single one.

The goblin I killed in the portal dropped 8 tokens

MetalForce
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Aye, its just annoying for casual players to have one more optional purchase. I already can pay for vanity, but to access content I must pay another plat purchase or farm for portals. Free to play is great because I still get items faster with platinum, but having to grind or spend plat to enter the zone is silly.

chitgoks
12-09-2013, 09:07 PM
hmmm the way i understood it was you can get to tarlok's lair by killing bosses and seeing a random portal

but fighting tarlok himself you have to spend 5 plats. am i right?

Valsacar
12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
hmmm the way i understood it was you can get to tarlok's lair by killing bosses and seeing a random portal

but fighting tarlok himself you have to spend 5 plats. am i right?

No, you either find a portal or you buy entrance to one... the announcement post was pretty clear on this.