PDA

View Full Version : Tarlok's Wrath Winter Event Official Feedback Thread

Samhayne
12-09-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49575&d=1386627756

This Holiday Season, do battle with the Crazed Wizard Tarlok and his many minions!

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the event

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46258&d=1384284414 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sts.al) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46259&d=1384284425 (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcane-legends/id543335870?mt=8)

Tarlok’s Wrath pits players against the powerful wizard Tarlok and his legion of mind-controlled minions, including an Ice Dragon. Adventurers confront each of Tarlok’s lieutenants and bosses as they fight to save the world of Arlor from this new, wintery assault.

The Tarlok's Wrath event runs from Dec. 9 to Jan. 6.

In addition to the new quests and storyline, the Tarlok’s Wrath event also includes:

• Five pets
• Nine armor sets
• Six vanity sets
• Six weapon sets
• Four bosses
• Two minion enemy types
• One town
• Six crafting recipes

Here is the breakdown of the different aspects to the Tarlok's Wrath event.

Frozen Hope
This is the main hub for your questing and store related needs for the Tarlok’s Wrath Event. Players need to be level 10+ to begin their journey there, and can get access by talking to Frozen Hope guides in all the major cities.

Rodrick the Vendor
Rodrick is the point of contact for all the Winter Event items, purchased with Winterfest Tokens. This is where the Event specific Crafting recipes can be found for purchase.

• All Winterfest Tokens will be removed from players once Tarlok’s Wrath comes to an end
• Winterfest Tokens can be farmed from bosses found in Tarlok’s Rifts
• Winterfest Tokens have a chance to be found in all the Winter Event chests in varying amounts
• Winterfest Tokens can also be purchased from the Store, and Rodrick directly

Daily Quests
The daily quests function similarly to the Halloween event in that there are a number of daily quests which all work towards the goal of a daily Quest Reward Chest. This daily quest reward chest can give out:

Winter Quest Reward Chest
• Frozen Armaments: unique Armor and Helm
• Frosteye Spider Pet Egg
• 1 Winterfest Token
• 5 Winterfest Tokens

Complete 15 days of daily quests during the event and unlock the new achievement 'Savior of Frozen Hope' to receive the Frozen Hope Banner.

Event Crafting Recipes
There are six special event crafting recipes available for purchase with Winterfest Tokens. Three for Chests, and three for new hybrid gems

• Tarlok’s Wisdom Gem: 6 Glacial Essence, 4 Blood Essence
INT, STR

• Tarlok’s Wind Gem: 6 Fire Essence, 4 Glacial Essence
DEX, INT

• Tarlok’s Blood Gem: 6 Blood Essence, 4 Fire Essence
STR, DEX

• Silver Frozen Chest: combine 2 Bronze Frozen Chests
• Gold Frozen Chest: combine 3 Silver Frozen Chests
• Imbued Frozen Chest: combine 5 Gold Frozen Chests

All of these recipes can be vendored for various values, so that once the event is over can sell them for gold. From Jan 6 to Jan 13 the crafting recipes for the event Gems and combining chests will still be valid to craft. In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold.

Tarlok’s Rifts
Rift’s have a chance to spawn off of the many bosses in Arlor, with the exception of Brackenridge or the Gladiator Arena. The likelihood a rift will spawn also increases as the difficulty of the bosses increases, with Elite bosses from Nordr and Shuyal having the highest chance to spawn a Rift. This does not include Ashral Heart because of how that encounter functions. Other elite zones tied to older content will not have an improved rate of rift spawn chance.

There are Four bosses to be found in the rifts. Each one has a different chance to spawn inside one of the rifts as follows.

Ice Tempered Goblin - 40% chance to fight this boss that drops the below:
• 8 Winterfest Tokens
• Chance for Bronze Frozen Chest

Ravenous Tundra Wolf - 30% chance to fight this boss that drops the below:
• 12 Winterfest Tokens
• Chance for Silver Frozen Chest

Thorbold, the Frost Knight - 20% chance to fight this boss that drops the below:
• 24 Winterfest Tokens
• Chance for a Silver Frozen chest or a Gold Frozen Chest

Tarlok and his mighty Ice Drake - 10% chance to fight this boss that drops the below:
• 40 Winterfest Tokens
• Chance for Gold Frozen Chest
• Chance for Imbued Gold Chest

For players looking to farm specific bosses, they can talk to Limae in Frozen Hope to be warped directly through a rift to the boss of their choosing for Platinum.

Event Chests
In order to provide access to the event for all level of players, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Imbued Frozen Chests are NOT tradeable and NOT stashable. This is to prevent an exploitable situation where players can farm for higher quality chests at lower levels to sell to other players, or move to their own higher level players.

Bronze Chests drop one of the below:
• Wintermancer Armor
• Snow Talisman Amulet
• 5 Winterfest Tokens

Silver Chest drop one of the below:
• Wintermancer Armor and Helm
• Snow Talisman Amulet
• 12 Winterfest Tokens

Gold Chests drop one of the below:
• Breezaga Air Elemental Pet Egg
• Frozen Jewel Ring
• Snow Talisman Amulet
• Wintermancer Armor and Helm
• 8 Winterfest Tokens
• 16 Winterfest Tokens

Imbued Gold Chests drop one of the below:
• Tarlok Vestments Armor and Helm (the best gear from the event)
• Tarlok’s Heart Amulet
• Winter Star Ring
• Breezaga Air Elemental Pet Egg
• 40 Winterfest Tokens

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch
Pet Eggs have been added to Locked Grand Crates of the watch only during the Tarlok's Wrath event Dec 9 to Jan 6. These may rarely drop when opening a Locked Crate:
• New Holiday Arcane rarity pet egg: The Brothers Whim
• Mythic rarity pet eggs: Slag, Ripmaw and Abbadon

1 Week Post Event Crafting Period
From Jan 6 to Jan 13 the crafting recipes for the event Gems and combining chests will still be valid to craft. In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold.

Ravager
12-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Are there any plans to make the new arcane pet lootable after the event? New arcane pets usually take a very long time to acquire either by looting or saving up.

Spyce
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Are there any plans to make the new arcane pet lootable after the event? New arcane pets usually take a very long time to acquire either by looting or saving up.

I'm guessing no because it's directly made FOR the WF event.

Gorecaster
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Does my whole party gain access to a boss fight w the plat purchase?

Spyce
12-09-2013, 08:09 PM

No, only you get access because you bought it with platinum, not them.

Ventus
12-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Not that i seen. my friend bought the dragon area for me and when i went to join it said i need 5 plat. Im angry at this update more then enjoying so far. WAY to many advantages for plat. the tokens should have been the same for everyone instead of the option to buy them with plat. STS you took this update and made it into more of a money maker rather then a fun update like the halloween one. I spent plat. I probably won't be doing the dailies after today because it wasnt as fun as the halloween dailies.

JAS
12-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Not that i seen. my friend bought the dragon area for me and when i went to join it said i need 5 plat. Im angry at this update more then enjoying so far. WAY to many advantages for plat. the tokens should have been the same for everyone instead of the option to buy them with plat. STS you took this update and made it into more of a money maker rather then a fun update like the halloween one. I spent plat. I probably won't be doing the dailies after today because it wasnt as fun as the halloween dailies.

Amen to that. I have to agree. Was looking so forward to a Halloween type event and instead its all about plat users.

wlsgh15
12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
am confusing about event crafting racipes.. so basically widgem give stat like 6int +4str? or 6glacial+4blood essence?

Celine Cruz
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Mobs and bosses are too strong for the low levels and weak players like me .. even with a party .. quests are hard to finish -.- hope they make a consideration for the low levels ..

hakoom7
12-09-2013, 09:34 PM
2 question from me that i guess everyone wana ask them.

Does breezaga drop only from gold chests? Or can we farm him?

About golden chests and that plats bosses, i dont understand how we enter and sometimes we get to keep the entery and sometimes we dont... and golden chests only drop from last boss so we need to keep pay 5 plats to farm those chest and then open them to get slightl chance of getting breezaga egg ? Isnt that kinda too much !! Im just confused and really didnt get how it should work.

CrushOverride
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
This is just stoopid. 13 bosses 1 portal for 8 tokens... my frozen chest for daily reward gave a legendary frozen helm with no stats... 508 armor is all it has. Worthless. Tokens for plats, boss fights for plats. Pay to win or even have a chance to have anything cool. Not at all for.the casual player. Fail.

Zeus
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Arcane Pet's happiness should be adjusted... 10% dodge is relatively useless.. and ignoring those, this would put this pet at the lowest defense pet out of all the 3 arcane pets.

Alzrr
12-09-2013, 11:30 PM
So question about the recipe, example will it give you +1 int +1str for the hybrid or what? Deciding if I want to buy

Excuses
12-09-2013, 11:51 PM
So..
Do I HAVE TO spend plats to enter Lier to finish daily quest?
Or am I missing other ways to get an excess?

Amd would you share new arcane pet's arcane ability?

Carapace
12-10-2013, 01:44 AM
You do not 'have' to spend plat. You can play the game normally for free, and as long as you are not farming bosses in Brackenridge portals will have a chance to spawn. Inside a portal there is a variable chance to get each boss type with all the bosses always dropping tokens.

One thing to keep in mind compared to Halloween is that the Halloween event lasted 12 days, and this event will last a full month. It has been tuned with this in mind, so you can definitely farm the rift bosses for free during this period and potentially get multiple rewards.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming. We still have time to tweak before we disappear for the holidays. :)

Valsacar
12-10-2013, 01:49 AM
I think the gems should be adjusted a little. Either give ALL combinations (I thought Dex was supposed to be a good secondary for Sorc, or so it was said when the mythic helm was released, but no Int/Dex only Dex/Int). And/or increase the amount they can give, they are limited edition items after all.

Right now, for sorc (I haven't looked at them much with my alts) giving up 2 int for 20hp isn't really worth it.

Jetzzz
12-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Mobs and bosses are too strong for the low levels and weak players like me .. even with a party .. quests are hard to finish -.- hope they make a consideration for the low levels ..

Agree with this. I use lv 12 war and lv 12 rogue with best eq but it really take long time to kill the bos, and the skill damage
From bosses is hurt a a lot. Both of my char sometimes die from explosion skill from bosses even though when i have full HP.

Btw does the tarlok helm and armor also available for lv 10?

Ravager
12-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Arcane Pet's happiness should be adjusted... 10% dodge is relatively useless.. and ignoring those, this would put this pet at the lowest defense pet out of all the 3 arcane pets.

But the highest attack and speed.

Youngmurda
12-10-2013, 03:11 AM

Tbh speed isn't that great. Samaels 100 health is way better. Also 10% dodge is definitely useless. Samaels 10% crit is way better

fritzce
12-10-2013, 03:41 AM
This is just stoopid. 13 bosses 1 portal for 8 tokens... my frozen chest for daily reward gave a legendary frozen helm with no stats... 508 armor is all it has. Worthless. Tokens for plats, boss fights for plats. Pay to win or even have a chance to have anything cool. Not at all for.the casual player. Fail.

I know that feel bro, i have to hit 20 glob before a low lvl rift for goblin boss appeared.. should've made them appeared to at least in brackenridge just to finish quest easily

thortillos
12-10-2013, 03:42 AM
I Cant finish my quest Reverse the Curse even if i have killed Thorbold several times. Any tips?

Valsacar
12-10-2013, 04:41 AM
I haven't heard of anyone that is excited about the new gems (after they found out how they work).

Here's what I suggest, add in the missing combinations (optional but prefered).

Raise the essence cost to normal for the primary stat. It gives stats just like it currently does.

Keep the essence cost for the secondary stat, and the stat bonus it gives (40% of the full stat).

Rake in the cash from people going crazy trying to super gem these before the event is over.

Energizeric
12-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Why does everyone think 10% dodge is useless?? 10% dodge means you dodge 1 in 10 attacks. That seems very useful to me.

SpiritedAway
12-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Are there any plans to release a mythic pet Sam?

Rare
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Why does everyone think 10% dodge is useless?? 10% dodge means you dodge 1 in 10 attacks. That seems very useful to me.

Close but not really. I do agree 10% dodge is pretty big though.

noneo
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
So are the frozen chests tradeable or not?

All of these recipes can be vendored for various values, so that once the event is over can sell them for gold. From Jan 6 to Jan 13 the crafting recipes for the event Gems and combining chests will still be valid to craft. In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold.

And then a contradictory:

In order to provide access to the event for all level of players, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Imbued Frozen Chests are NOT tradeable and NOT stashable. This is to prevent an exploitable situation where players can farm for higher quality chests at lower levels to sell to other players, or move to their own higher level players.

armorsquad
12-10-2013, 09:34 AM
I do not see anything about a winter banner. One like Halloween. Maybe its connected to the "Hope for Frozen Hope" quest. Any ideas?

fritzce
12-10-2013, 09:42 AM

i believe skills doesn't miss.. how would you avoid that -_-

Haligali
12-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Tarlok vestment is the best during the event?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/dygu3a3a.jpg

CrushOverride
12-10-2013, 09:55 AM
You do not 'have' to spend plat. You can play the game normally for free, and as long as you are not farming bosses in Brackenridge portals will have a chance to spawn. Inside a portal there is a variable chance to get each boss type with all the bosses always dropping tokens.

One thing to keep in mind compared to Halloween is that the Halloween event lasted 12 days, and this event will last a full month. It has been tuned with this in mind, so you can definitely farm the rift bosses for free during this period and potentially get multiple rewards.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming. We still have time to tweak before we disappear for the holidays. :)

Um not at all true. I farmed shuyal and nordr. Bossesfor several hours and got 1 rift. For 8 tokens. Do the math. At that rate I will have enough tokens for a recipe in 35 days.... you guys ruined this event by allowing plat users to exploit the event.

keikali
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Great Winter Content.

Only issues are the bugs that arise which is pretty time consuming.

Also the quests itself are more time consuming then the Halloween Event.

Irulelol
12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I understand the idea, but the daily quest to find talor is just so hard to do that its causing me not to be able to complete the daily quests. Or maybe Im just unlucky haha

centoid
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
does the quests giv aps points after finishing them?

Excuses
12-10-2013, 11:35 AM
You guys have been shared all pets' abilities with picture of lv36 so for.. not this time?
People are waiting for that to decide if open crates I think.

And do agree some bosses are too hard for low lvl.
Plue, feels like low lvl map has low chance of getting high lvl event map.
As twinks, joined 5th map with best geared pt, couldn't finish but died 10 times.

And this maybe techincal issue, but my friend asked me to join the portal he found from a map, so I tries to join him, it asked me 5 plats EVEB it was not 5th boss map.
Same thing happend even when I was pt with him.
And I paied and join him, and he left the room, tried to come back, he joined 'other room'
I had to pay 5plats again to join him EVEN it was not 5th boss.

What's going on with this?
Feels like I don't wanna do this quest cuz it makes me waste so much plats.

Carapace
12-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Tarlok vestment is the best during the event?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/dygu3a3a.jpg

You appear to have found a very special version of the item that does not grant any of the stats normally associated. Quite the bug! I would try that luck on a crate!

This will be fixed in a coming update.

Haligali
12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
You appear to have found a very special version of the item that does not grant any of the stats normally associated. Quite the bug! I would try that luck on a crate!

This will be fixed in a coming update.

Meh, i popped 50, got only legendary eggs, but thanks for the answer :) can i choose which stat i wanna see in that armor? :P

Ravager
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM

Tbh speed isn't that great. Samaels 100 health is way better. Also 10% dodge is definitely useless. Samaels 10% crit is way better

In pvp I spend half my time chasing people. This would work for me.

HeartlessR
12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
as it stands unless you guys tweak this event somehow. Im literally not even gonna bother with the 15 day daily thing. honestly ive been skipping the portals half the time because its not worth wasting my elixir for 8 tokens and a chance at a copper frozen chest because it seems no other ones drop. And only to get a legendary item that is like worth 300 gold in auction lol!. waste of my time :/

epicrrr
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
We do and hunt tarlok and its bosses at 10-11, like the goblin is taking us 30+ mins to kill (we are max 11 geared players with good pet) by the time the goblins hp is half we are loosing interest for a meager 8 token and silly bronze chest, the time spent on some bosses are ridiculous. Some of us just dont have the time luxury.

xXz21
12-10-2013, 01:43 PM

is STS company u know theys do all the time ''hard for casual players'' and Easy for the MONEY PLAYERS. i just compared the aion event is the same for all users ''money-players and normal players'' have the same chance. and all ''money'' stuff (are only for look or scrolls for more exp etc) are tradable and the gold drop is good u don't need play for 2 years to get something.

sure is FREE the event but casual players maybe got nothing on a day bcus we don't have the same time to play we have to work and we have a REAL LIFE.

asimauara
12-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Portal rate for low level areas for low level characters is too low was helping a friend from 9pm till midnight and no portal this was through year and dead city!

extrapayah
12-10-2013, 03:49 PM
i think default daily quests should give winterfest tokens...

at least by doing it for 15 days, we should have enough tokens to buy the chepest usefull thing (snowy, imho)

thanks

Snakespeare
12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
is STS company u know theys do all the time ''hard for casual players'' and Easy for the MONEY PLAYERS. i just compared the aion event is the same for all users ''money-players and normal players'' have the same chance. and all ''money'' stuff (are only for look or scrolls for more exp etc) are tradable and the gold drop is good u don't need play for 2 years to get something.

sure is FREE the event but casual players maybe got nothing on a day bcus we don't have the same time to play we have to work and we have a REAL LIFE.

I know, I know... I have made similar complaints. But seriously, you can try Hulu+ for a week and get a lot of plat. I got mine when the offer gave double rewards. So poor players certainly CAN have a lot of plat.

CrushOverride
12-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I know, I know... I have made similar complaints. But seriously, you can try Hulu+ for a week and get a lot of plat. I got mine when the offer gave double rewards. So poor players certainly CAN have a lot of plat.

Those "free plat" offers are not free, hulu + requires a credit card, something players under 18 yrs old don't have.

Rare
12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
as it stands unless you guys tweak this event somehow. Im literally not even gonna bother with the 15 day daily thing. honestly ive been skipping the portals half the time because its not worth wasting my elixir for 8 tokens and a chance at a copper frozen chest because it seems no other ones drop. And only to get a legendary item that is like worth 300 gold in auction lol!. waste of my time :/

I've seen several imbued drop, but not to me. Our of about 25 rift runs I've gotten one bronze chest.

Babooom
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I think Tarlok is a bit to hard for those farming on lower levels, we couldn't make a dent in his health before the enrage thing kills us. :-(

Snakespeare
12-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Those "free plat" offers are not free, hulu + requires a credit card, something players under 18 yrs old don't have.

Yes Hulu+ requires a credit card or debit card, but they don't ALL require a credit card. Anyone with a checking account can have a debit card, but they may need their parents to help them set it up.
Second, not all players are under 18. How did the discussion become age-related?

Plat IS freely available to players. I got some just for DL'ing other games. You have to turn on notifications, then it offers them to you when you log in.

Snakespeare
12-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I think Tarlok is a bit to hard for those farming on lower levels, we couldn't make a dent in his health before the enrage thing kills us. :-(

Read Sam's post today. They are thinking about nerfing some bosses just for the low levels.

Carapace
12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Read Sam's post today. They are thinking about nerfing some bosses just for the low levels.

Yes we have been refining the experience for the level range 10 - ~30 to be more reasonable.

Argyros
12-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes we have been refining the experience for the level range 10 - ~30 to be more reasonable.

Yes thank you!

I just was attempting to solo the 3rd boss on my l12... Used a ton on pots and still couldn't complete, I kept dying so much lol.

VanRah
12-11-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't receive any chest if I complete all the quests...why?

Haligali
12-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Can we know, whats the hit chance lower rate of Prance pet Arcane Ability? Does it stack with the last upgrade (-25% hit chance) on the sorcerer fireball skill?

epicrrr
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
About the recipe, so after patch on jan 13 and we still have tarloks gem recipe we can stilll use it?

Uzii
12-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Yes Hulu+ requires a credit card or debit card, but they don't ALL require a credit card. Anyone with a checking account can have a debit card, but they may need their parents to help them set it up.
Second, not all players are under 18. How did the discussion become age-related?

Plat IS freely available to players. I got some just for DL'ing other games. You have to turn on notifications, then it offers them to you when you log in.

Stumbled upon ur conversation and just to add free offers differ from region, and for some countries there were none or veeeeeeery liitle of them for few months now (double weekend had no meaning), so free plat is not an option to use for most of the players out there.

Carapace
12-11-2013, 03:15 PM
About the recipe, so after patch on jan 13 and we still have tarloks gem recipe we can stilll use it?

No, players will no longer be able to craft it even if they have the recipe come update time on Jan 13th

Haligali
12-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Season 1 elite drop armor, helmet, amulet completely useless now.

Jetzzz
12-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Would you consider free respect or put "respect box" in the winter store ?
Because with this new tarlok item, lots of low lv twinks might want to try different stat build to get their new "best stat allocation"

csyui
12-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I was playing lv15 rogue and sorcerer at new map last night. I noticed that HP of boss has been decreased after last content update, but the damage from boss seems doesn't changed. They still can easily kill my almost maxed lv15 twink by one or two shots.

Also, I was very lucky to find the Tarlok and his dragon on my lv15 characters with other lv15 players, but we definitely couldn't kill the boss fast enough before he enraged. And enraged Tarlok easily killed all of us by one shot! We had to give up such impossible fight.

Jimtoad
12-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I think this is the bad update, creating new stuff without comparing another equip which existed before... How can lvl 20 legendary stronger than 21 legendary? After this update,i can say many people dont wanna play lvl twink again cause this update ruin everything in this game . Thanks

octavos
12-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Thats why I have only done one character, since my main is lv 30. Thank you. but yea rifts are still an issue...even with sams post, for 15 days maybe its reasonable for some. Another way to get some tokens would have been better besides these chests..maybe a chance at a coin from the frost demon that pops out from time to time.

JAS
12-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Ah well. Its all good anyway. Still enough to do and things to get even without plat.

Zyntia
12-13-2013, 03:12 AM

From what I understand, Sam, is that the event ends on Jan 6th. From Jan 6th - 13th, recipes will become tradeable. And after the Jan 13th patch, recipes will become useless.

But, the 'recipe item' (for example, Gold Frozen Chest or Imbued Gold Frozen Chest ) can be tradeable right and even after the event, those who missed the event, can open these chests and find Winter items?

Or does the 'recipe item' which can 'be sold for gold' refer to Tarlok gems only and is invalid for Event chests?

One more question, will the Winter Rage vanity disappear from the store after the event or still be available for purchase?

Haligali
12-13-2013, 05:01 AM
The new gems should have different colours, cuz its hard to look them in cs, fire gem exactly same as wind gem.

Milan Lame Man
12-13-2013, 08:39 AM
I just wanted to say that what bugs me most is the "Thawing the Chill" quest.
I spend literary 3 hours every day trying to complete it with a warrior. It seems there are hours when the ghosts just won't drop.
Could the rate be bumped up a bit please?

armorsquad
12-13-2013, 10:14 AM
The rate for portal drops seem to be very low for low level players. I am a 35lv and i get portals half the time. My son is a level 21 and can not get a portal drop. He spent 3 hours last night and Killed 42 bosses in Ydra Forest and Dead City with out one portal. That just seems crazy. Are portals only for level 30 toons?

Theillist1
12-13-2013, 10:21 AM
The rate for portal drops seem to be very low for low level players. I am a 35lv and i get portals half the time. My son is a level 21 and can not get a portal drop. He spent 3 hours last night and Killed 42 bosses in Ydra Forest and Dead City with out one portal. That just seems crazy. Are portals only for level 30 toons?

I have a a few lvl 36s... and a lvl 10. My lvl 10 is forced to buy all portals with plat. Its a ruff world for us twinks. Inflating top Tarlok gear to 1 million un gemmed.

.+*^*+. Theillist1 .+*^*+.

Milan Lame Man
12-13-2013, 10:46 AM
It really feels like there are lucky and unlucky hours for portals and ghosts... try to switch toons if you can when it feels like unlucky.

Samhayne
12-13-2013, 10:52 AM

Hi Armorsquad,

We replied about how lower level portals don't spawn as frequently in this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?128446-Regarding-Rift-Spawn-Rates

The reason is to have a disincentive for high level players to not farm low level zones. Unfortunately, it needs to be that way to keep the event from being cheezed. Hopefully your son will find some as he levels up. We are looking at future systems to address the issue for similar such events.

Samhayne
12-13-2013, 10:54 AM
One more question, will the Winter Rage vanity disappear from the store after the event or still be available for purchase?

Yes, the Winter Rage vanity will be removed from the Store on Jan 6th when the event ends.

Morholt
12-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Question: unopened chests will remain in my inventory after the event, right?

Milan Lame Man
12-14-2013, 05:06 AM
When will you consider the portal drop rate finalized?
I've spent 5 hours running all Ydra with a lv16 toon, without a single hit.
There really are no other maps doable in that level.

Jabu
12-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Portals take too many boss runs to open.
Goblin takes too much hack and slash for the measly 8 tokens.
Winter chests should be able to be listed on CS.
Ice Fiend should have chance to drop winter pet/gear like Jack Hellows.
We should be able to purchase any class vanity with our tokens.
Breezaga should have higher drop rate in imbued chests.

Zyntia
12-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Can Gold Frozen Chests and Imbued Gold Frozen Chests be sold/bought after the event ends?

Asking because these can be termed 'recipe item' when crafted and Samhayne has posted that recipe items can be sold after 13th Jan.

Samhayne's quote - "In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold."

Samhayne
12-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Can Gold Frozen Chests and Imbued Gold Frozen Chests be sold/bought after the event ends?

Asking because these can be termed 'recipe item' when crafted and Samhayne has posted that recipe items can be sold after 13th Jan.

Samhayne's quote - "In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold."

The chests are not tradeable, before or after the event.

The "recipe item" is what you get when you buy the gem or chest combine recipes.

Theillist1
12-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Armorsquad,

We replied about how lower level portals don't spawn as frequently in this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?128446-Regarding-Rift-Spawn-Rates

The reason is to have a disincentive for high level players to not farm low level zones. Unfortunately, it needs to be that way to keep the event from being cheezed. Hopefully your son will find some as he levels up. We are looking at future systems to address the issue for similar such events.

Samshayne, a suggestion for the future... Open the all the quests/maps (except elite mode) to all lvls. Tier the maps like pvp so a 36 cant walk a lvl 8 though Shuyl. Of course you would have to FINISH a questline before moving to the next zone.
This may help with future events and us low lvl twinks that wanna find new awesome gear! So we can go to Nordr or Shuyl. And get that portal we fought so hard for! Ty.

.+*^*+. Theillist1 .+*^*+.

fritzce
12-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Don't you guys think lvl 10-20 Tarlok equips are a bit OP? cap lvl equips on lvls 16-21 got kinda useless because of the OP'ed equip stats of the tarlok equips for that said levels. So i suggest that you guys should rebalance them.

fritzce
12-17-2013, 03:33 AM
Season 1 elite drop armor, helmet, amulet completely useless now.

Totally!

Haligali
12-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Don't you guys think lvl 10-20 Tarlok equips are a bit OP? cap lvl equips on lvls 16-21 got kinda useless because of the OP'ed equip stats of the tarlok equips for that said levels. So i suggest that you guys should rebalance them.

Lvl25 also, helmets got more damage than lvl26 mythics, but i find it cool. :)

Jetzzz
12-17-2013, 05:03 AM

They are too focusing on end game stat for each gear. Since they using some formula, maybe they didnt recognize that the low lv equipment become too powerfull. Even my lv 12 twink using some lv 10 tarlok to maximize damage. Rather than make the tarlok eq to be rebalance, i hope that they stop releasing new item that way too powerfull for low lv and hard to get (will make the item expensive). I suggested that because most of people twinking in low lv because they cant afford to compete in high end game which is require lots of money

Haligali
12-17-2013, 05:08 AM
They are too focusing on end game stat for each gear. Since they using some formula, maybe they didnt recognize that the low lv equipment become too powerfull. Even my lv 12 twink using some lv 10 tarlok to maximize damage. Rather than make the tarlok eq to be rebalance, i hope that they stop releasing new item that way too powerfull for low lv and hard to get (will make the item expensive). I suggested that because most of people twinking in low lv because they cant afford to compete in high end game which is require lots of money

Yes, but if a nerf comes, i will ask to refund all my tarlok 5 plat entry.

Striderevil
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Today i farmed Grimnr 27 times and guess how many times the portal opened. = 0

You guys really need to rethink your portal opening rate strategy cause this is frustrating

Prahasit Prahi
12-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Samhayne

In the post in AL Announcements U said that there will be two minion bosses but we find only one Frost Fiend

Who's the other one?

Excuses
12-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I just went through all this thread.. but i don't see anywhere says talok gears will be out only on lvl10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 36.
Did i miss it from somewhere?

This is very unfair.

nelson131
12-20-2013, 01:12 AM
I just went through all this thread.. but i don't see anywhere says talok gears will be out only on lvl10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 36.
Did i miss it from somewhere?

This is very unfair.

Yup and I'm only lv28.

Striderevil
12-20-2013, 05:15 PM
More than 1 wolf spawning for Ravenous wolf in Tarloks Lair. ITs making it ridiculosly hard as they cant be frozen, stunned or rooted. It makes every other boss for event much easier.

At one point 5 spawnrd but died way too fast before I could even take screenie

Jimtoad
12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Sts its not problem if u want make a money but at least dont make tarlok equipment so powerful! how can lvl 16 best gear lost to lvl 15? please rebalance then u make us very dissapointed for player which hold old equipment, if u want a new legendary equipment with new status at least upgrade the old one, how can legendary equipment have a option like mythic? u really ruin this game and second about the upgrade which announce only 2 weeks, now release a tarlok gems which have 2 option, dont u care about how many people already have super gem( blood,fire, glacian) which cost almost 6000 plat? and now ur release a new gems? and want a player resocket again? please dont think about ur pocket, but player pocket too

VanRah
12-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Sts its not problem if u want make a money but at least dont make tarlok equipment so powerful! how can lvl 16 best gear lost to lvl 15? please rebalance then u make us very dissapointed for player which hold old equipment, if u want a new legendary equipment with new status at least upgrade the old one, how can legendary equipment have a option like mythic? u really ruin this game and second about the upgrade which announce only 2 weeks, now release a tarlok gems which have 2 option, dont u care about how many people already have super gem( blood,fire, glacian) which cost almost 6000 plat? and now ur release a new gems? and want a player resocket again? please dont think about ur pocket, but player pocket too

I think this event items were thought for twinks as they complained they could not compete with higer level players with upgraded stuff...
To please one, another is unhappy lol Devs should try to fix this unbalance n try making things enough fair for all. Gl on that! XD

Jimtoad
12-21-2013, 05:57 AM
I think this event items were thought for twinks as they complained they could not compete with higer level players with upgraded stuff...
To please one, another is unhappy lol Devs should try to fix this unbalance n try making things enough fair for all. Gl on that! XD

yeah ur right sir , but not that way i think lol, this update just too ridicolous low level legendary as i can say is another mythic version which have 4 formula, and old version only 3 lol i can say it cause i already prove it , at least they must respect a season 1 player which play this game longer and keep exclusive for older equip but the fact is ........ differ

Haligali
12-23-2013, 04:43 AM

I think the people who used 6000 plat for perfect craft a mythic item, they used mostly on arcane and mythic weapons.

You can see in this chart, that resocket a perfect crafted lvl36 weapon is unnecessary:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54426&d=1387548854

Jimtoad
12-24-2013, 02:53 AM
I think the people who used 6000 plat for perfect craft a mythic item, they used mostly on arcane and mythic weapons.

You can see in this chart, that resocket a perfect crafted lvl36 weapon is unnecessary:

no sir, my friend upgrade 1 body legendary cost 6000 plat and now he is crying cause new tarlok gems and new equip which better than the old one , this is awful

VanRah
12-24-2013, 06:15 AM

there is a mistake...to use ur words:

level 35: +3 original gems/+5 grand original gems

Haligali
12-24-2013, 06:59 AM
there is a mistake...to use ur words:

level 35: +3 original gems/+5 grand original gems

Lvl35 item shows me:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/24/vyhu2yba.jpg

Jimtoad
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Lvl35 item shows me:

i mean in lvl 16 which in the tabel show super tarlok +3 str, 2 dex which super blood only +3 str... that why he retire in lvl 16

Haligali
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
i mean in lvl 16 which in the tabel show super tarlok +3 str, 2 dex which super blood only +3 str... that why he retire in lvl 16

Yea,your friend is unlucky tarlok shows his real power on lvl13-16,but a perfect crafted item with old gems also arent worthless i think.

Jimtoad
12-24-2013, 01:19 PM
yeah sir, thats why he very depressed after that, some of my friend are much worst, he buy mighty berserker of fitness just for 2 week which cost almost 3 milion, nah after update he is crying too hahaha cause new update better and much cheaper, sometimes i think we gonna prevent to play a twink lvl cause if every update make old equip useless, and force player too buy plat to regear again and its awfull

VanRah
12-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Lvl35 item shows me:

OOOh...didn't see they changed it... Before it was not like that

Haligali
12-25-2013, 11:56 AM
yeah sir, thats why he very depressed after that, some of my friend are much worst, he buy mighty berserker of fitness just for 2 week which cost almost 3 milion, nah after update he is crying too hahaha cause new update better and much cheaper, sometimes i think we gonna prevent to play a twink lvl cause if every update make old equip useless, and force player too buy plat to regear again and its awfull

I undestand his frustration, however i read a comment from a lvl18: he was complaining bc tarlok gem not so useful on his lvl, as on a lower character. Its very hard to make everyone happy,so i recommend for your friend to think on these gems as an advantage on his lvl.

Jimtoad
12-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I undestand his frustration, however i read a comment from a lvl18: he was complaining bc tarlok gem not so useful on his lvl, as on a lower character. Its very hard to make everyone happy,so i recommend for your friend to think on these gems as an advantage on his lvl.

some my friend test old set with mighty set and runic ring and superb lvl 16 vs tarlok assault just a few minute before the result is ..... tarlok wins , but some result is differ i test my oldset vs tarlok assault one i win but no one believe but sometimes i doubt about the result too, as many people know tarlok assault is better mighty berserker, in my opinion it can,t be sold high price too even with superb gem.... i think betweem tarlok and blood gem only differ 2 dex which 1 set super tarlok only differ 20 dex which = 0.4 str but decide too retire on that lvl . 0.4 doesnt give a big diifer also but i think maybe he is perfectionist people but some result is differ i test my oldset vs tarlok assault one i win but no one believe but sometimes

Rare
12-31-2013, 09:43 PM
I think the tarlok gear is great for the game and the event. Finally there is some use for twink toons to farm. And gives items in game that are actually valuable that newer players can farm to make money. It actually gives some value to the event.