PDA

View Full Version : 2013-12-09 Content Update (136925)

H2N
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Corrected Brother's Whim stable silhouette.
Corrected the price of the Warrior Winter vanity.

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
1st

Queenslayer
2nd

Cero
oh so a refund for those who already bought them?

Uicheusa
Awww, no more 15-plat vanity?

bhutkeyur
have u guys changed charge shadow peirce sound?

ElfDreamer
12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
3st

Ventus
12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
this update man.. I enjoyed doing the halloween event alot. This one i just finished it. i think im not gonna be doing the remainder 14 days for the quest. Seriously its boring and heavily for plat users. :/

FluffNStuff
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Fix for CS database yet?

imrock
12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
How to buy platinum w/o using credit card?? I dnt have one! though, i have a bnk account?

phillyr
12-09-2013, 07:17 PM
this update man.. I enjoyed doing the halloween event alot. This one i just finished it. i think im not gonna be doing the remainder 14 days for the quest. Seriously its boring and heavily for plat users. :/

Whole game is veering toward spend plats or waste all day waiting or trying...or 2 days for some things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

H2N
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Fix for CS database yet?

Can you be more specific. What is wrong with the Consignment Shop?

FluffNStuff
12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Fix for CS database yet?

Nope, not yet. Has something to do with 100 items. If you search lock it says 1 to 4/100. Once you get down to 96 to 100 it says of 196.

Spyce
12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Wasn't the Warrior Vanity Set 70 platinum?

Kakashis
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Wow this update is super Plat user geared!

FluffNStuff
12-09-2013, 07:22 PM

Check reply about 100, plus also a number of phantom items. If you hit refresh they stay there, and you try to buy it says not available. Almost like seeing a snapshot from a previous CS.

basketholic209
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM

The database is no longer real-time. Seems like you guys implemented some kind of caching system. For example, if we list something and immediately search it, the item is no there, until a few seconds later. It really bugs me a lot. Please fix it :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Mackmaebe
12-09-2013, 07:28 PM
is there another way to earn winterfest tokens other than just finding them in chests?

H2N
12-09-2013, 07:30 PM
The database is no longer real-time. Seems like you guys implemented some kind of caching system. For example, if we list something and immediately search it, the item is no there, until a few seconds later. It really bugs me a lot. Please fix it :)

We implemented a caching system, so that's the behavior that you are seeing. Thanks for the feedback. We'll revisit.

FluffNStuff
12-09-2013, 07:33 PM
We implemented a caching system, so that's that behavior that you are seeing. Thanks for the feedback. We'll revisit.

Could be, if so, locks are typically bought and sold extremely fast so a caching system would wreak havoc on that.

Instanthumor
12-09-2013, 07:36 PM
So what are the current prices for the vanities?

H2N
12-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Could be, if so, locks are typically bought and sold extremely fast so a caching system would wreak havoc on that.

Noted.

Ravager
12-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Can you make the new arcane pet lootable even after the winter event is over? Arcane pets take a very long time to either loot or save up for.

H2N
12-09-2013, 08:17 PM
We implemented a caching system, so that's the behavior that you are seeing. Thanks for the feedback. We'll revisit.

For now, you can force the cache to refresh by changing any of the search parameter.

basketholic209
12-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Can you make the new arcane pet lootable even after the winter event is over? Arcane pets take a very long time to either loot or save up for.

That's the same exact question that i want to ask. Are the arcane and mythic pet eggs only available during the event or forever?

Another question is whether elite golden puzzlebox contains those pets (possibly only the mythic ones, because I know arcane will only be looted from crates) or not.

basketholic209
12-09-2013, 08:50 PM
For now, you can force the cache to refresh by changing any of the search parameter.

Is this only a temporary solution or not? Because if everyone does it, it will defeat the original purpose of the caching system :)

H2N
12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Is this only a temporary solution or not? Because if everyone does it, it will defeat the original purpose of the caching system :)

Only temporary. We'll look into improving the caching system so it stays more up-to-date. The problem is that the caching system currently has a pretty long expiration time.

Jenvy
12-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Only temporary. We'll look into improving the caching system so it stays more up-to-date. The problem is that the caching system currently has a pretty long expiration time.

Why exactly was this implemented, if you don't mind my asking?

The only reason I can think of is an effort to reduce lag.

If that's the case, I predict you'll get the result opposite to what you wanted. Merchants will be constantly switching and refreshing their search parameters to stay up to date on the lowest prices, thus dramatically increasing overall CS activity.

Counter-intuitively, in this case, I'd say your real time system was probably more efficient.

Carapace
12-10-2013, 01:52 AM
is there another way to earn winterfest tokens other than just finding them in chests?

Just play through normal dungeon content (excluding Brackenridge) and when a boss dies there is a chance Portal will spawn. When the portal spawns there will be a random boss inside. Every boss in there will always yield tokens. Check out samhayne's in depth post in the announcements forum.

Jabbawalkee
12-10-2013, 03:37 AM
lol I was able to get warrior vanity while it was on "Sale" xD luckily I did those offers fast!

H2N
12-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Why exactly was this implemented, if you don't mind my asking?

The only reason I can think of is an effort to reduce lag.

If that's the case, I predict you'll get the result opposite to what you wanted. Merchants will be constantly switching and refreshing their search parameters to stay up to date on the lowest prices, thus dramatically increasing overall CS activity.

Counter-intuitively, in this case, I'd say your real time system was probably more efficient.

We're looking to reduce the load on the DB from CS search, which is where the majority of the DB load is currently coming from. We're trying to find the right balance somewhere between real-time accurate and always out-of-date cache.

If say each time you hit the Next button, we retrieve 8 results from the DB instead of 4 (which is an insignificant amount of additional load), then the next time you hit the Next button, if it hasn't been too long since we retrieved the 8 results (i.e. it's stale/out-of-date), we can just display the next 4 items without having to hit the DB again, then we would have cut the DB load from CS search in half.

We just have to find the right balance of the number of results to return from the DB each time you hit the Next button (is 8 the right amount? 16? 24? 40? 100?). And how long before the search results is considered stale/out-of-date (15 seconds? 30s? 1 minute?). Any feedback on good values for these 2 parameters?

asimauara
12-10-2013, 03:01 PM
How to buy platinum w/o using credit card?? I dnt have one! though, i have a bnk account?
Buy googleplay cards or iTunes cards best way to get plats

izPrada
12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
same problem here, i am checking archon potency price, then i am selling mine. When i searching back for archon potency list, my ring is not there. I thought it already sold out in 1 second, but i am wrong, its still at pending item. So i close cs window and open it back, searching for archon and its there.

basketholic209
12-10-2013, 04:22 PM
We're looking to reduce the load on the DB from CS search, which is where the majority of the DB load is currently coming from. We're trying to find the right balance somewhere between real-time accurate and always out-of-date cache.

If say each time you hit the Next button, we retrieve 8 results from the DB instead of 4 (which is an insignificant amount of additional load), then the next time you hit the Next button, if it hasn't been too long since we retrieved the 8 results (i.e. it's stale/out-of-date), we can just display the next 4 items without having to hit the DB again, then we would have cut the DB load from CS search in half.

We just have to find the right balance of the number of results to return from the DB each time you hit the Next button (is 8 the right amount? 16? 24? 40? 100?). And how long before the search results is considered stale/out-of-date (15 seconds? 30s? 1 minute?). Any feedback on good values for these 2 parameters?

You're caching it globally or per user account? I assume the current values are 100 and 15 seconds?

H2N
12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
You're caching it globally or per user account? I assume the current values are 100 and 15 seconds?

Per user. With today's update (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?128076-2013-12-10-Content-Update-(136962)), the value has been set to 40 and 30 seconds. You can notice it where if you click next really quickly, when you get to the 40th item, there will be a slight pause as it fetches the next 40 items from the DB.