PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cinco
11-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi!

The designers will be looking at this thread for your feedback on our recent combat changes. These changes affect all weapons, armor, skills, starting health and mana, and the relationship between core statistics and derived statistics (such as Dodge, Crit, Hit and regeneration rates).

Thanks in advance,

- Cinco

neto333
11-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Thx for make overpower the archer and the mage and make the bear very weak :)
Now i can die with one hit :DD im so exited, can´t waste time to see my bear die on alien oasis 3, but nothing is bad news, you can drop more trash :))), and the better notice is ..... you can now hav more mana :))) you skills make more damage :D, Now you can destroy your weapons :P only skills.
P.D: I love my hammer now, i spend 10 secs for hit :P, and you know what i miss the hit :D.
P.D2: Another good news :/ now you cant play more pvp because pvm is... no good(sorry for the people who spend your money buying maps :( but now you can spend more money in pvp maps, capture the flag etc, you can bee poor:))

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Omg 129 armor with full rift. Thx for the 4 ms tho. Will have to test this out in battle.

Haven't even looked at my bird or elf yet. Bit scared to lol.

gl0c
11-17-2010, 07:01 PM
well I'll see how things will work out. thanks for respecs!

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 07:07 PM
50 armor on my elf. Oh boy.

tman16
11-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Don't really like the update, i never have had any of the expensive armours but I survived better before than now with an archer....

Inching
11-17-2010, 07:10 PM
50 armor on my elf. Oh boy.

OMG are you serious.... I dont even want to open the app now

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 07:13 PM
And I just noticed Sunblessed bow is now better than mega blaster in every way. Umm... Why?

noobmigo
11-17-2010, 07:18 PM
on the other thread, i posted. but uh, this sort of fails, but ok.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Btw, I'm afraid to use a Respec b/c it still says "Respec(1)" and I'm afraid it'll use up my one Respec before the free one's. Can you assure me this won't happen? Thanks.

ciss
11-17-2010, 07:25 PM
omg my bear hits 1 per 1 and 1/2 sec!!! So slooooow! U kinda spoiled it for me...

Inoya
11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Good to see that you are moving away from auto attacks and put more emphasis on abilities. Might want to do something about the low regen rates though.
For those complaining about the armor nerfs, don't forget that hitpoints have been incresed a lot as well.

Edit: Oh and yeah, some weapons have almost 4 second swing times now. That seems a bit excessive.

ciss
11-17-2010, 07:28 PM
hitting every other 2 seconds it's not nice. If you wanted less damage, ok, but keep the animation. It s dead ugly looking at my character... staring at the mob hitting every other 2 or 3 sec... lol.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 07:28 PM
k haha i just did a run through Victory lap in full rift the dps was in mediocre gear except 1 bird in full void. I had to use a retarted amount of pots through the run, around 200. I like the skills being quicker but i die like way faster and have to chug like prob two to three times the hp pots now :S

pcm2a
11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
All classes and levels get a free respec? It said something about it on login but all my points are still set to stuff.

gl0c
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Btw, I'm afraid to use a Respec b/c it still says "Respec(1)" and I'm afraid it'll use up my one Respec before the free one's. Can you assure me this won't happen? Thanks.

yes I can assure you that it's definitely free, I myself respec on my lvl30 twink 10 times! and you pay 0 plat.there's an option where it says "pay 0 plat" and other one use one of your bought respec(if you have any). that's all.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I just noticed metallic robe has the same armor as cosmos robe. So I spent 200k on my robe when I could have had the one I've been selling toms of for 900g. This is messed up. I'm sorry but these changes seem a bit haphazard to me.

Inoya
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure but I don't think it is a full respec, just a stat reset. Resetting my stats showed a cost of 0 plat.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
only issue is how fast im chugging pots, every other change is a step in the right direction, the end bosses for the BEST gear were defiantely way too easy before i gotta admit....

This makes it neccesary for more team play, and the snipers and such are definately killing me MUCH more slowly than they were pre-changes, speaking from full rift gear.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 07:37 PM
the swing speed change not an issue, stop complaining because u dont like watching ur character swing slower..... grow up

Strpwnsulol
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm not very happy about this update, most of it is good but I absolutely hate the amount of time it takes to use an attack, if you could just put the attack time back to the way it was before, than it would still be a pretty fun game. But as of right now I can't realy stand playing it, I die soo easy and I can't get kills. Good work though, but please put the attck time back.

Edit: completely agree with BrainWreck
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V (below)

BrainWreck
11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't really know what to say. Feels like an april fools joke but it's November. Health is better but doesn't make up for horrible armor and regen. Batlling is so slow paced now that it is completely off-putting and boring. There is no fast paced excitement. Pvp also sucks now even with certain classes nerfed. This is no longer the game that I got hooked on to keep me playing. Idk if I really want to play anymore. Oh and yea I seen that sunblessed bow stats over mega blaster. That's just not even right WTF. Anyways I'm going to stop playing, maybe when I come back things will be better who knows

Inching
11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
I just noticed metallic robe has the same armor as cosmos robe. So I spent 200k on my robe when I could have had the one I've been selling toms of for 900g. This is messed up. I'm sorry but these changes seem a bit haphazard to me.

Sigh........ actually make that a double SIGH .................. then <FAINT>

If thats the case... I announce ALL LVL 40-50 GEAR BE PRICED UP TO CRAZY LEVELS... I SELL HAVOC ROBE OF FATE 200K, METALLIC ROBE 200K, COSMO ROBE 400K. FULL FATE SET (6 PIECES) 1.5M

this is retarded.....

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
the change for birds seems to be pretty even actually, except some mobs have become really really pesky in that they seem to have like 1000x the health they did before.... this i think is responsible for the change to the need for potting so much more, as it was on the boss (the time i dotn mind spending lots of pots, it should be expected) but the snipers/zerkers/djins in Alien Oasis maps have become huge obstacles, is this intended ?

krazii
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Some good (mana (for bears at least) and health), some bad (armor, weapon, skills nerfs). Biggest move was that the game is so slow now and the nerf on the weapons and skills was excessive. Nerfing weapons was okay, but you overdid it a bit by essentially doubling (or more) delay times. Please consider a revision to about halfway inbetween was was and it. Also, on the just plain unfair side the blaster/schimtar/cosmos staff should be best weapons as they are part of class set. Adjusting it so other weapons are now better was not reasonable, please fix this.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
in fact, i see a huge increase in dps if i use skills effectively instead of mashing, Ie. with combos like cruel shot/terror combos etc

Conradin
11-17-2010, 07:57 PM
This is great for intbear, we get h/s and have way better armor than mages, also our buffs r now stronger

Purrcey
11-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Honestly I have to wonder how much, if any, testing took place before this went live. I had spent quite a bit of time and money building my characters and equipment. An equipment nerf is never a good way to balance.

Tanks die in one or two hits. My dex bear that use to kill ranged blue mobs pretty easy now almost dies on each one. My regen is way way down on both health and mana. The pace of the games seems excruciatingly slow now. All this focus on skills and still no upgrades. Every class is just like the next person.

Either raise skills to level 10 or add some variety. By time you reach 50 everyone has same build. Classes are getting watered down as level cap increases. Game in it's current state is just not fun to play. If this is the state of the future of the game it will be time to move on for me.

TheLaw
11-17-2010, 07:58 PM
My feedback: Oh My Gawd! You nerfed so many items?!

Guys, seriously i think Armor reduction is not that bad, but nerfing Regen rates, thats messed up. Lets look at it this way, I'm used to getting hit alot so its not a problem. But for my bear the armor dropped to 89?! And for Mana and Health Regen: 1 H/s and 2H/s for Isis and 8 int 3% crit 1 H/s and 1 M/s for Thoth? Messed up. Also Blasters and Sunblessed bows (Dont nerf it!) Blasters have 2.0 and Sunblessed 1.7(too slow), you guys should make Blasters 1.2 speed or something, why not keep it at original speed? I suggest more Mana regen for the Void Set and a little more armor to the Enchantresses. Give More Armor to Bears and Enchantresses & More Regen to Birds!

PvE is good, easier to kill mobs, but the damage they inflict on us is too much, compared to our regen rates. Isis should have more Dodge and Health regen than Thoth. IMO, nerfing the armor is bad enough, cant you guys leave our regen rates alone??

<Dissapointed by New Update>

gl0c
11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
This is great for intbear, we get h/s and have way better armor than mages, also our buffs r now stronger

aw to tell you the truth as of right now I don't see any cosmo on shop except few mirage staff, and gurgox eyes >.< should have bought some yesterday.

Artemis
11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I like the unlimited respecs but you killed it when you it takes 5 seconds between every hit.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
huge issue with mega blaster being garbage now though....

SuicideKings
11-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry to say Dev's, yes many have complained about the un-balanced game before this update... But now, I people like the speed of this game is like some weird lucid dream where you're doing combat in putty or just thick jell-o...To sum it up...it's extremely slow paced. Another thing is the void items...How did the sunblessed bow ever become stronger...much much stronger... than the mega blaster...

Kossi
11-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Thank you! Archers have pvp and mages are back!

Kossi
11-17-2010, 08:11 PM
DUDE..mages are as good as archers now!

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 08:17 PM
k yea... blaster sucks now and archer suvivability in alien oasis is pretty garbage now....

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Initial impression:

Bears - all strength. Lower speeds is less dps so all the bear can do now is tank, and str is the only way.

Mages - now own. They had their skills to damage, and now with lesser cooldown, more damage all the way. Still int for me.

Birds - gotta get used to, bow better than blaster in everything, still all dex.

gl0c
11-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Initial impression:

Bears - all strength. Lower speeds is less dps so all the bear can do now is tank, and str is the only way.

Mages - now own. They had their skills to damage, and now with lesser cooldown, more damage all the way. Still int for me.

Birds - gotta get used to, bow better than blaster in everything, still all dex.

so do you still consider hybrids?

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
a message from the devs saying something would be nice... haha "working as intended" or "oops, we forgot about that item or something...."

Arterra
11-17-2010, 08:32 PM
noticed that every single guide on forum is obsolete. someone get cracking...

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start now, as far as playing goes.

I feel like everyone's been turned into noobs now, not knowing how anything works. Only lvl 50 players don't want to have to start from scratch and learn how to play the game. And keep respecing to find the right balance.

Altho what bothers me the most are the equipment changes. Everything's all Topsy turvey (mega blaster useless now, even though it's part of a set). The 1.5 changes threw the economy into a fritz, and now this will do it all over again. Things that people spent all their hard-earned cash on are now worthless. So basically those who could only afford the cheaper stuff (sunblessed bow, mirage staff (?)) before will now be rich. As opposed to working for it.

Eh, I think I'll wait before putting any more effort into this game.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
so do you still consider hybrids?

Right now, I don't see the point anymore.

My bird was full dex already, so no change there.

My mage had 127 dex 126 int, but with dex fixed now, there's really no point in the dex for the massive damage, so I put it all in int.

For the bear, well I just wanna tank so full str it is.

I'm guessing this update was awesome for mages and it made everything else easy, no doubt.

Also, levels now need less elixirs but more pots.

jjashik
11-17-2010, 08:38 PM
i was pretty hooked on this game... now its not even fun anymore.

anyone know of any other MMO games for the iphone?

Kossi
11-17-2010, 08:40 PM
this game will always be the best

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 08:40 PM
wow its that easy to make people jump ship? .... relax this is a work in progess, i think these 18 and unders dont understand that....

Qtc
11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Honestly, the new update upsets me.. My character is slower, quicker to die, and all my equipment is junk now.

Is it enough for me to quit? Probably not because I've put so much time, effort and money into it... Please do something.. It's definitely not an improvement.. Lets just say it could've been better..

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Also, I'd like to see what devs did to stats and what they did now.

Str does ?
Dex does ?
Int does ?

Would probably be easier knowing what they do than messing with builds, after all, they did have a description before even if they weren't accurate.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 08:46 PM
No one's talking about quitting. Just giving feedback. No need to insult people for sharing their feelings on the update.

Cinco
11-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Regarding the Mega-Blaster - the change was intentional.

My mistake here was not including better item set data to off-set the nerf :(

This will be addressed for an update tomorrow.

- Cinco

Inching
11-17-2010, 08:54 PM
just played Victory map.... my findings and feedback

- to my surprise with 200 points into INT and rest into Dex (I am lvl 50 Mage), I now have 800 Mana if I remember correctly... which is pretty survivable... I was able to take out snipers solo... yes solo and not pulling like before so I have greens around me attacking also... conclusion ==> GOOD

- I noticed that wearing full Cosmo + Keeper my armor is only 53 or something like that and when i changed to eye + wand its still under 60 armor, like 57 or something.... conclusion ==> FAIL

- What this means for me is that I now rely 100% on mana shield because without it, not only do i get one shotted from yellows, but 2 greens will own me... conclusion ==> FAIL

- the mana regen is pathic.... seriously, with 800 mana pool (200points in INT) and a M/s regen in mid teens how long do u think I would last in a boss fight??? the blue bar doesnt come back man~!!! Even when I change to eye + wand, before my M regen is 37 and now halved with double the mana... ??? u do the math.... conclusion ==> FAIL

- in a team of 4 other lvl 50s tho i must say the game is pretty fun... STS totally killed the solo play but team play is good. HOWEVER, its only good if you are playing with lvl 50 players because they actually have a chancec of knowing what they are doing.... working together and timing the skills and not spamming everything once cool down is back.... conclusion ==> VERY GOOD

- this brings me to the point now of playing with lower lvl players... guys like me reaching the lvl cap dont constantly play in AO3, we go down the ladder and play swamps, castle, etc because its boring in AO3 all the time... this lower lvl team play is not as fun becasue everyone jsut spams every spell they can and its just one big mess... I dont have such a hard time because Im lvl 50 and dont die as easy as they do and still... conclusion ==> GOOD NOT GREAT

- decreasing stats on gear is retarded because they didnt do it with a fixed percentage making non legendary gear close or the same to say other lower class gear which is a bad move... conclusion ==> FAIL

- my over all opinion of the update is that I think its fair and its not a great update. Its not bad but its not as appealing as I thought. The only upsaide I see is that a Mage is finally able to take on the bear and bird in PvP and also be as damaging as they are... conclusion ==> GOOD MINUS

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Also, I'd like to see what devs did to stats and what they did now.

Str does ?
Dex does ?
Int does ?

Would probably be easier knowing what they do than messing with builds, after all, they did have a description before even if they weren't accurate.

Yeah, this is why I'm thinking of taking a break from the game until others have figured it out. I personally don't have the patience to try out all the different builds.

derricks2
11-17-2010, 08:55 PM
So I just started like 3 days ago. I spent some irl cash yesterday and I was wondering if theirs any refund or buyers remorse. This is not the same have I invested in yesterday. can I give the plat back and get a refund?

Gryndeon
11-17-2010, 08:59 PM
I just played my tank in AO3: Intergalactic Combat map, and here are some observations:

1. Aliens are seriously nerfed. I just played with two mages, both lower than level 50, using staffs. Their survivability was vastly improved compared to before the update. Buffed, their armors were 50, and they still did fine. Of course the numbers alone don't mean anything; their effectivity is relative to the armors of the opponents. This is good.

2. Full rift set gives an extra armor of 5. There is not much difference in damage to me compared to before the update. If anything, my tank survives better against both blue and yellow aliens. With the mages spam healing, I can't remember dying during this game until we reached Gurgox.

3. Movement feels like wading through molasses. DPS of the scimitar is now down to 64. It might just take a little getting used to, and I'll give it another go. But I do miss the old dps.

4. I like the m/s for the rift. The only time I needed pots was when battling Gurgox and everyone else was dead.

5. Gurgox is seriously difficult to kill alone with a scimitar. I've done this a few times before in Victory Lap, and I swear it never took this long. I finally packed up and went home instead of dying of boredom.

6. I do agree that teamwork is important now. With combos, the aliens die even more easily.

Will be playing with my mage char next. Not looking forward to it, though, because I was using Thoth gear with Rift for the mana regen. I just noticed Thoth has been badly nerfed, too. In any case, I have all of the cosmos stuff, so it's probably time to respec back to pure mage anyway.

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 08:59 PM
platinum refund.... thats classic

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Regarding the Mega-Blaster - the change was intentional.

My mistake here was not including better item set data to off-set the nerf :(

This will be addressed for an update tomorrow.

- Cinco

What do you really mean by better item set data? Rift/void/cosmos bonuses you mean? Or all items in general? :)

derricks2
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
platinum refund.... thats classic

bait and switch... I paid for x, and the next day I have y. After playing I feel like I wasted some irl cash.

Cinco
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
What do you really mean by better item set data? Rift/void/cosmos bonuses you mean? Or all items in general? :)

When I say "item sets" I mean a collection of items like the Voodoo Master set that combine to give you a special bonus. :)

derricks2
11-17-2010, 09:08 PM
and they destroyed focus for bird. Went from 50 hit crit to 25 each... Lame

Edit: they changed dex giving crit. before I had 62 crit to 29 with focus....w..o..w

neto333
11-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Lol better items lol? and my rift set, i spend hours on that for what? this is balance?
Why no imporve the sets and release the new set?

Kossi
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
notice how they cut all things in half....weird they actually cut focus in half.....totally unexpected right?

gl0c
11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Right now, I don't see the point anymore.

My bird was full dex already, so no change there.

My mage had 127 dex 126 int, but with dex fixed now, there's really no point in the dex for the massive damage, so I put it all in int.

For the bear, well I just wanna tank so full str it is.

I'm guessing this update was awesome for mages and it made everything else easy, no doubt.

Also, levels now need less elixirs but more pots.

well thanks for a straight forward answer, i guess my bear will now be just a regular tank bear

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
When I say "item sets" I mean a collection of items like the Voodoo Master set that combine to give you a special bonus. :)

Thanks you! Clearer now. :)

Baronic
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
I think stat effects need a rebalance as well. 1 Hp per 2 Str made little sense when I started bird with 250 Hp. It makes even less now at 500

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I think stat effects need a rebalance as well. 1 Hp per 2 Str made little sense when I started bird with 250 Hp. It makes even less now at 500

+1

stats need to re-balanced to compensate for all the halving of damage, doubling of speed, and all the changes to mp and hp regen.

Currently, because everything is so reliant on skills for damage now, the mp/hp regen values need to increase as well

Torrentula81
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Im lv 41 bird. With this update it will take me a month of slow motion play anf countless number of pots. I like to solo alian oasis, impossible now. I can't even stay alive with 3 mobs. Before could handle 8. I feel like im on morphine playing because of the slow effect. By the time my bow fires hes probly been dead from spell wich by the way means even lower dps then stated because that hit doesnt register. Weapons are useless now. Literally. Even the stat gains are so minute. I use more gold on pots its next to breaking even on run. Im so frustrated with this. Pvp is dead on. Battles take 4 seconds now instead of 1 to be killed.

Increase weapon speed but lower dmg. Up the armor point! Give better health regen or make potions cheaper. Now you can officially delete the auction house cause its useless now. People are giving away pinks. Seriously, I got 2 free in half hour playing. My lvl 41 bow is 5 dps worse then lvl50 blaster???????

Rashkar
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
yea a difference of only 5 dps from a random 41 bow and what is expected to be the BEST ranged weapon is pretty ridiculous, and yet the dev said it was working as intended.

Dip
11-17-2010, 09:53 PM
ok devs... someone screwed up at STS with this update...Pocket Legends is a real game now.. not a beta test.. ppl spend money on this.. a disaster move...

redefining stat points is one thing...

changing weapon stats? thats crazy... never happened in any game before...ppl normally work aroudn that.

if the intention is to make M/s or H/s

xxteargodxx
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I just logged in, I was wondering why attacks on my Archer felt slow as hell. I guess this explains it..

Kossi
11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
this was a GREAT UPDATE! what are you talking about? bowbears are back to being non-overpowered and mages are balanced with archers! PVP that is,

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Agree. Mages own now. Classes are back to what they are supposed to do. Bears tank, archers still do good DPS (count in armor debuffs), and mages nuke.

DMich
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
My issue is with 2x speed-made axes and hammers useless-I think i may have my higher level characters sorted out but a level 23 with a 22 dps is just pathetic

smoae
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Made a thread on this, but ill post here too...

I like the update a lot. I know lots of people don't like but hey guys, eventually we'll get used to it, it'll just take a few weeks to adjust.
Only have one request...
I have spent hours on hours doing research to find the best items, setups, stats etc. Now all the items have new stats, and most of that research has gone to waste :/ However this is for a good cause so it's not a big deal, but it would be REALLY helpful if the devs could post a remake of yanis's threads and the suffix/prefix one. I'm excited about the items new stats and it will be fun to try them out, but I feel like all my hours of research we're wasted because of this change. However if the devs were to post these things then that would help all of us to compare the new item stats quicker. I know if the player's do it again, it will take quite a while, but you devs can probably do it pretty fast, and I think it would help all of us.
That's pretty much my only request. Sure new stats are kinda wack but don't worry guys, we'll get used to them. The devs have done months of testing this probably, so I think they know what they're doing.
Thanks, hope you guys add these things soon!

Justg
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Folks, drama-free please. This is a work in progress, and we do need your feedback to balance it.

dirtball
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Tanks are mad because they can't just rush into any situation and survive while everyone else dies. God forbid they beckon and taunt 1 or 2 out of a room at a time, everyone kills them, and then get a few more out. Birds are mad because their blasters don't kill everything within sight. Blasters did more damage than any weapon in the game and had best range. BOOHOO!
Now PL requires some skill, and few old school players had actual realistic skills. Run in and kill 'em all! They thought getting to lvl 50 fast and getting best weapons was skill...PLEASE.

Ogediah
11-17-2010, 10:17 PM
^Like.

**the message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.******

Inching
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Tanks are mad because they can't just rush into any situation and survive while everyone else dies. God forbid they beckon and taunt 1 or 2 out of a room at a time, everyone kills them, and then get a few more out. Birds are mad because their blasters don't kill everything within sight. Blasters did more damage than any weapon in the game and had best range. BOOHOO!
Now PL requires some skill, and few old school players had actual realistic skills. Run in and kill 'em all! They thought getting to lvl 50 fast and getting best weapons was skill...PLEASE.

u are wise and you are CORRECT

MoarPewPew
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I love the update. Ao3 lorekeepers ailens take a long time to kill now or any ao3 boss with a mana shield.

Also does this revamp balance update mean that the older stats that we had before will return to the game when we have more level caps?

Justg
11-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, part of the reason we did this was to give us more headroom in future levels.

smoae
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
This update will drive all economic thing out of whack...
jewel thiefs forest bow is better than snipers xbow...
flaming fireblaster of mastery is better than dreamers darkbolt...
many common ao3 pinks are as good as the rare ones...

Sucks for us who spent all our money on rare items and then just switch it and make those rare items suck. Is this some sort of plan to get us to buy the highly overpriced gold packs with platinum?
Hopefully this will be resolved with coming patches, but as of now, its looking pretty dark.

It just doesnt seem fair to make us spend all this time getting best gear, and now do it all over again...
I'd rather have NEW content, not repaeted content.
Once again these things hopefully will be fixed.

Thelonearcher
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
lots of problems lots and lots....

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Mage perspective:

Everything looks better now. Although lower armour (way lower for us) is bad, the increase health pool is much better IMO. With the higher health pool we have more HP to take damage and to heal. Skills are awesome now with being faster to spam and lesser mana. Keeper slow attack speed is actually better since it allows easier combo with ice/fire. Pure int actually has its benefits now with dex not contributing to as much damage anymore (as well as crit, dodge), and strength not that needed as health pool is already higher. Heal seems to need a bit of a boost, all the characters have a higher health pool, and with heal staying the same it only heals a smaller % of what it used to.

5/5 as a mage in my perspective.

Justg
11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
lots of problems lots and lots....

Specific, non-dramatic feedback helps. Numbers and examples really help. General angst does not.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Just took a pretty balanced team of 1 Mage, 2 birds and two bears (if I remember correctly) a really long time to kill the keeper. We were all joking about going to see a movie and leaving it on auto-attack. A team like that used to be able to take the keeper down in no time. I hope you guys aren't forgetting this is a mobile game (even if you are bringing it to the pc soon). It's losing the ability to be picked up and played for a few minutes at a time. Or even an HR at a time.

I'm still bummed about spending all my money on cosmos/rift/void just to have them Nerfed to be comparable to the cheap pinks. Even a ballista now does more damage than a mega blaster! Everything should have been Nerfed equally, with the few unbalances being fixed (like rift getting ms -- thank you) but not completely flipped upside-down.

BrainWreck
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I would advise making the hit speed faster that is one of my main concerns that and making the regen and overall stats better on items

shadywack
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Specific, non-dramatic feedback helps. Numbers and examples really help. General angst does not.

My issue was that it took quite a bit of time getting cosmos equipment thats now near useless to me. Going through a little bit of AO3 the alien snipers kill me in 3 hits instead of one. This isn't much of an improvement to me. When I use my skills to try and damage enemies they aggro on me. I do not see this rebalance as positive. It just made the work more tedious. Common enemies now take longer to kill while uncommon enemies are still overpowering. The bear tanks are now half their worth when before they helped balance a party out.

I see the tedium of weapon fire rate being halved as a detriment as well. Common enemies are just standing there longer making gameplay less engaging.

Big fat thumbs down on this entire rebalance from me. It might be good for pvp, but terrible for pve. When players are having a tough time with certain enemies and bosses, nerfing the players is not a wise move. Please put things back. I am hating this thoroughly.

Promethion
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
update needs to be reverted, this is ridiculous! This must have been the "Customer Unappreciation update" cuz i feel like i have been $&@?!* by whoever designed and approved this. i have spent so much money that i can't afford to spend on this game and i see no future where i even play anymore!

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Bird perspective:

So the bow is better than the blaster now, I don't mind it really since I've had both, but for majority who's been saving for the blaster/just bought an expensive one, this sort of sucks. Void is very very nerfed now as compared to before, low crit and dodge is especially one concern for me (not to mention the halving of focus and evade), though I understand it after JustG saying it gives room for future gear. Skill spamming for birds doesn't fully make up for the DPS it did before. I don't see the point of using a talon/wing anymore after the decrease in dodge/armor of Void, and the increase in health pool.

About 2/5 as a bird.

shadywack
11-17-2010, 11:05 PM

You know what there is something else too. Angst should tell you some data as well. The level of angst here right now is pretty high. You guys are taking the fascist approach and just deleting posts. This is akin to "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA". Serving customers should be your business approach, the very overwhelming reaction of angst that makes you feel the need to delete posts should indicate you have not done something that makes people happy, and that you should immediately undo it and take another approach.

I have seen you folks make mistakes. What I love about you folks is how you fix them. So......fix it!!! Revert!!!!! I am a paying customer and that is what I am asking for. If you don't, then you will have seen the last platinum purchase I have made. I have financed my spouse's account and my own, that's quite the money you earned from me in just a month. Pissing me off is not going to help you here. Its MY MONEY that helps YOU do this for a living. Now think about that before dropping banhammers and deleting posts.

Dizko
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I haven't even played yet but just one, genuine - non drama question.

Why did the devs not decide to boost the mobs rather than nerf the players?

Same effect, only more subtle - keeps the fast pace etc.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:16 PM

They aren't nerfing the players.

What most people should see that this rebalance and "move" of the devs is looking at it in the long-run. They are adding more room for gears to "improve".

With how it was, a full dex bird with void set (talon/wing), gets 97 dodge with evade. And this is only level 50 (assuming cap is gonna be 99), thats almost max dodge at level 50 only.

I understand why the devs did this if I think about the future updates, but if I look at it from the now point of view, it definitely ruined and messed up playing. Imagine in the future when cap is 99, and stats/gears stay the way they are, how else can they improve?

Cinco
11-17-2010, 11:19 PM

I did try that first - but the problems with the gear remained. PvP remained unbalanced and PvE got more and more ridiculous because bosses have to maintain a huge pool of health, insane armor and a crit % that is impossible to manage :(

TwinkTastical
11-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Heres my feedback:
LMAO i dont even NEED a weapon...
I tried my intbear.... it is funny how bad it is. Str bear, worse, dexbear, even worse.
You sure made the fights last longer, no one hits, no one does anything! we just sit at full HP till one of us leaves....

Cinco
11-17-2010, 11:22 PM
They aren't nerfing the players.

What most people should see that this rebalance and "move" of the devs is looking at it in the long-run. They are adding more room for gears to "improve".

With how it was, a full dex bird with void set (talon/wing), gets 97 dodge with evade. And this is only level 50 (assuming cap is gonna be 99), thats almost max dodge at level 50 only.

I understand why the devs did this if I think about the future updates, but if I look at it from the now point of view, it definitely ruined and messed up playing. Imagine in the future when cap is 99, and stats/gears stay the way they are, how else can they improve?

This is a great way to describe why we had to adjust all of the item data. :)

TwinkTastical
11-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Make it so bears can do a damage? :)?

Torrentula81
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
my 200+ stat points seems pretty useless. Wether strenth intel, or dex, it seems meaningless overall. Add that to weapons and armor giving less stats and we get all the same archers. All the same mages, all the same warriors. Maybe a 5 precent difference from me and all the other lvl 41 birds out there. Feels to linier, no deviation, individuality. We are what the devs make us, not what can I make myself. Because all the 10 new armor pieces I can equip a) suck and b) are so minute in stats, well pick one. It doesnt matter wich one. Were all the same. I'm glad void got nerfed, it needed to be. But really at this point I feel blah, when I get to 50 I'll be just like the rest + or - 10 armor, crit, dodge, yada yada.

The game is no fun anymore. Takes forever to kill a guy and in the end were all the same within our own race as the next guy. How bland.

Make a beta beta version if your playing around like this and leave the rest of us be UNTIL you get it right. At this point its un playable.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM

I understand that, but did you have to change them so unevenly? Those of us who spent time farming/buying cosmos/void/rift and selling fate/fortune/destiny items for under 1k (since they were so common and everyone and everything was selling them) feel like we've been punched in the gut with a Gurgox hammer. It's one thing to balance out some of the equipment, but not in a way that turns the economy upside down!

Cinco
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Make it so bears can do a damage? :)?

Don't know if you mean PvP, PvE (or both...) but there is a damage limiter in place for all Arena dungeons, including the new CTF dungeons. I think this limiter is set too low :-/

We will look into addressing this, among other things, in the next update.

Promethion
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM
refund everybody's gold who spent ridiculous 6 figure amounts like me. thats the only fair thing to do. do that and that will be a small step in the right direction of fixing this catastrophe.

TwinkTastical
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Don't know if you mean PvP, PvE (or both...) but there is a damage limiter in place for all Arena dungeons, including the new CTF dungeons. I think this limiter is set too low :-/

We will look into addressing this, among other things, in the next update.
Pvp, its hilarious, a 21 and my 19 couldnt hit each other... we left, we did such miniscule damage, that after FIVE minutes of spammijg skills and smacking with darkblades, that we decided to quit.

I dont see why u nerfed my intbear so hard.
Or why i need to make a bird to compete.
Or why the SKILLS part, doesnt respec.

Cinco
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Pvp, its hilarious, a 21 and my 19 couldnt hit each other... we left, we did such miniscule damage, that after FIVE minutes of spammijg skills and smacking with darkblades, that we decided to quit.

I dont see why u nerfed my intbear so hard.
Or why i need to make a bird to compete.
Or why the SKILLS part, doesnt respec.

Bears were invincible. They had to get beaten with the nerf bat. I love my bear! I hated to beat him so bad... but he had it coming :(
The Bird playstyle was necessary to take the emphasis off the crossbow weapons - which were key to the PvP imbalances with bowbears (and all other bow-users, really).

We will definitely look into what we can do for the skill point re-allocation. Not sure what our options are but I will definitely be working on that next.

TwinkTastical
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
So what you did was... nerf anything good?

Explain why my bird and bear both fail, when5 hrs ago, they were good. Your "nerf bat" needs to hit them to, maybe, make all weapons the same damage, make the lvl cap 1, and make us all have no skills, thats balance.

Dip
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Devs,

Think of it from a crisis perspective. Do a roll back. Gather more info before you implement half baked solutions. It is very obvious this is a half day job instead of going through rounds of discussion.. If you are worried about the future, then start programming using percentages instead of hard numbers. They should be a function of something like x10 hp of max str bear. Or x5 of archers damage at lvl 50. This is definitely a very unwise decision from STS

FluffNStuff
11-17-2010, 11:54 PM
My impression so far is that the game is better, but a whole heck of a lot less fun. My mega blaster is useless and the hammer is a serious joke (2.5 seconds per miss). Maybe I just liked playing the game over powered with my dex bear, but he is officially DOA. Gonna try leveling my mage from 46 to 50, and see if that is fun. If not, I can accept that. Not every game is for every person.

Dip
11-17-2010, 11:55 PM
to make classes more balance.. rethink the skills for each char... like nef iron blood coz its crazy.. nerf some archer debuffs.. introduce new skills so its more fair.. introduce more type of stat points so ppl will have to respec...

Not nerf what that has been in game.. that is just crazy to happen in a NON BETA game.

Steverd
11-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Sucks so much,,, I can't believe you are ruining the game like this..

Steve

Protank
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Ya i been on this game daily since day one. Love it. All i can say about this last update is OMG! are u guys kidding me!??
Sorry but this is a huge fail in SO many ways and i dont even want to log on to legends now & i probley wont for a while.
I thought it was embarising when u changed the app logo to the elfs face but this way way beyond that. I really want pocket legends back.. Plz fix this.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Thank you! :) This does make me suspect a new campaign coming out soon though :P

Justg
11-18-2010, 12:01 AM
MMOs are living, breathing, evolving things. They change, by their very nature.

We made the changes because of a systemic need. MMOs HAVE to change to grow.

We started PL under a very different set of parameters. Many many things have been added, and it is a (very) different game from when we started. But now we are out of headroom.

We needed to re-balance to find more headroom, and give you broader ways to build your characters.

It is very hard, and we need your help to do it, but it has to happen for the game to continue to be healthy.

We hope that you still do play while we fix it, and give us valuable feedback.

Please remember that we are just a bunch of folk working very hard to try and make it as fun as possible for you while running a sustainable business for us. That's why we request drama-free. Because our hearts are in this game every bit as much as yours.

From this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12805-1.5-Content-Update-%2852225%29/page4

TwinkTastical
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
aaaahhh, but one change ruins a game.... Like all other downed mmos, that had their ship crash into a death star....

Kurlz
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
honestly, the first update that has actually made me mad.
my ONE HANDED axe,

is now SLOWER than a TWO HANDED hammer!

PLEASE, tell me this is some kind of sick joke? there is no way a one handed axe should be slower than a warhammer, especially not that much slower.

and now "tanks" should be, more aptly named "dead"...there is now NO way you can tank with a tank now...other than using about 20 health pots every two seconds...

Torrentula81
11-18-2010, 12:10 AM
devs if your not listening to all us asking to revert and test on your own time, what can the rest of us do. Sit here and take? We pay to play. Revert it back and revamp. I cant play this garbage.

Dip
11-18-2010, 12:16 AM
DEVS!!!! dont you get it? do a roll back.. simple.. then figure it out.. i cant believe no one sees any sense in a roolll back..Justg... you are the best dev here.. dont you see the point of a roll back??

dudess... dont make this your downfall... if you look critical mass right now.. its bad...

Xymorg
11-18-2010, 12:17 AM
I agree character armor needed some scale back to make the next gears meaningful. And while I sympathize with people who bought what was the best gear, only to have it suddenly not so, that is the nature of a derivative economy ;) tell it to homeowners that bought an SoCal home in 2007.

Pve is still fun, and that's the bottom line for me. The stat system is interestingly non-linear from what I saw, or maybe it always was and I just never did enough respecs to notice. Int & dex seem useful to my bear, and str over 200 doesn't seem to have any visible effect anyway.

One joke though: I downed a tanker's ale for a keeper assault & was dismayed when the visible effect was my armor increased from 98 to 99. Lol, maybe I saw something wrong, but I don't want to waste 1.5k to try again. It turned out ok though, the keeper seems to do much less damage now, even though it took a long time to kill him.

All in all, I'm on board for this trip.

Edit: yeah ok, I'm dumb. It didn't even say 99 this time, so please disregard. But I still don't think it does much, three elite yetis killed me dead with an TA elixir, and then I soloed two with no pot. Um yeah, also not scientific, but elixirs no long make you The Tick.

icantgetkills
11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I find the update awesome and the game for me is really good I'm enjoying it love it GOOD JOB!!! Only thing I don't like is the dps archers aren't really dps anymore but except from that very good job :). Thanks for the m/s!!

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't think tanker's elixer ever showed a visible increase in armor (ie. It doesn't add to your total armor number). But it does help keep you from dying!

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
I agree character armor needed some scale back to make the next gears meaningful. And while I sympathize with people who bought what was the best gear, only to have it suddenly not so, that is the nature of a derivative economy ;) tell it to homeowners that bought an SoCal home in 2007.

Pve is still fun, and that's the bottom line for me. The stat system is interestingly non-linear from what I saw, or maybe it always was and I just never did enough respecs to notice. Int & dex seem useful to my bear, and str over 200 doesn't seem to have any visible effect anyway.

One joke though: I downed a tanker's ale for a keeper assault & was dismayed when the visible effect was my armor increased from 98 to 99. Lol, maybe I saw something wrong, but I don't want to waste 1.5k to try again. It turned out ok though, the keeper seems to do much less damage now, even though it took a long time to kill him.

All in all, I'm on board for this trip.

Armour elixirs never show it on the stats window afaik. :) No elixirs do.

Justg
11-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Drama. Free. Helps.

Steverd
11-18-2010, 12:25 AM
I did try that first - but the problems with the gear remained. PvP remained unbalanced and PvE got more and more ridiculous because bosses have to maintain a huge pool of health, insane armor and a crit % that is impossible to manage :(

PvP, don't like it, don't play it....
Why do all of the PvE people have to suffer to balance PvP?

Steve

Protank
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Bears were invincible. They had to get beaten with the nerf bat.

next.

What u said is so untrue. I could kill bears with my bird and my mage. Its only the few l33t bear players that are so called invincible. So if u get mad u cant own my bear in pvp then go make one and learn it. Build it right and spend the gold on some gear. This is not just about bears tho. U guys nurf't the whole game.

brims
11-18-2010, 12:30 AM
After countless hours and money into the sets I have on my lvl 50 dex/str bear and full cosmos mage ALL IS A WASTE DUE TO THIS UPADTE. It was bad enough that item prices were hiked up when the consignment shop came in, reduced pink drops and now this.

I will not be playing or spending anymore money on Pocket Legends anymore.

Sorry to all the folks I was help lvling but I will be no help to you anyways like this.

Astax
11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi new player here,

I'd like to start by thanking the Devs for posting this topic, and checking it and following player feedback. Too often things in MMOs change without adequate player consideration.

Now down to business. I am fairly new to the game (lvl 17). I started as a Bear, and I was splitting Dex/Str basically because I didn't know what I was doing and half the weapons I got required Str the other half Dex. This is problematic for new players and should be addressed.

Eventually I figured I should max one stat and proceeded to buy Platinum tog et a respec for my character. Low and behold, the next day we get a free respec. I am not angry about spending the money, because I rather enjoy the game, but some mind not be as kind. And aside from these occasional respecs which I had no idea would ever be offer, new players should receive a respec because THEY WILL mess up their character. That's just the nature of things. And such a respec should not be offered right away, because then they will mess it up twice instead of once. A respec at lvl 15 or 20 would be swell.

Now about combat changes. After I respeced full STR, I bought lvl 10 hammer with plat, and I had super time bashing the hell out of mobs! I bashed for hours! I loved the damage I was doing when compared to my old golden dagger and shield setup. I could finally deal damage and I didn't feel like a leecher in the dungeons.

Now with this change the slow 2 handers become REALLY slow. And the damage they do now is really low. With my respec I put all my ability points into few skills, leaving 0 in a lot of them. With the shift to ability damage, this has really screwed me! I suppose it is now better to spread your skill points among as many abilities as possible, and just mash em while they are up!

But this will result in another point of contention: MY BEAR IS FOREVER RUNNING OUT OF MANA! I had 2 Mana/Sec regen, and this was fine before update. It made it so I could Bash nonstop, and have my crit buff up, along with using one stun skill. I never go out of mana. Now I am forever out of mana! This is really not fun. Mana for bears need to be readjusted. Either lower mana cost, or give us better mana regen on this early levels. Or please convert some abilities into passives that require no mana or activation (gives new players less things to worry about activating) and add a buff that lasts as long as its cooldown. I mean the crit buff now is so low you might as well make it last nonstop.

All that happened with the update is that I take more damage, and deal so little damage that I simply have to have a full group to do anything (usually we all spam AOE), or I drink potions till I have none, and proceed to die. Leveling feels like hell :)

I feel that 1) Bears should have option to deal damage, not just tank. 2) Every race should have more than one build that either relies on autoattack or abilities to deal damage. 3) I would welcome there be incentives to put some points into non-primary attributes to get your regen levels up. 4) Attacks need to be faster, cause it makes the game more fun to play!

Kurlz
11-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Drama. Free. Helps.

ok. drama free.
i went to the first lvl of ao2 withy lvl 43 tank, i had three enemys attacking me and had to use arou d twenty heath pots to stay alive for afout a minute...and my axe which had like 1.0 speed, or somewhere around there, now has 3.something speed, while a massive, twohanded hammer, has quite a bit more speed...

before this update, in ao2 i wasnt even breaking even in gold on any level because every bit of gold i made from kills and then some went into health and mana pots, now, if i actually play, i can gaurantee i wont even come close to breaking even...ill wind up flat broke after one level of ao2...its sad when the only way to tank is to use 20 pots a minute to stay alive, when beforehand i used around 8...i would go into a level with 150 of each pot, and emerge with around 40...now, ill have to buy more pots every few minutes, and use around 300 health pots per level...

setec
11-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Since you might be making rapid updates over a period of days, would it not be better to suspend CS? An item might be worth 300k now, 1k tomorrow and 200k next day. Might be a good idea to suspend trading until the items are settled. I personally wont be buying or selling for a bit until things settle with updates.

gl0c
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Since you might be making rapid updates over a period of days, would it not be better to suspend CS? An item might be worth 300k now, 1k tomorrow and 200k next day. Might be a good idea to suspend trading until the items are settled. I personally wont be buying or selling for a bit until things settle with updates.

Yeah i see your point..now i'm confused if i should buy that or buy this...

Kurlz
11-18-2010, 12:50 AM
sorry for double posting but i just noticed that mt tanks dps went down from 85 to a whopping 35...that is honestly ridiculous no matter how you look at it...and this update was supposed to increase the damage we do?

Tavore
11-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Drama. Free. Helps.

Hahaha I feel sorry for you guys. The community isn't being that helpful. I would help if I could but I haven't played in a while but have been signing in and checking on things. Hmmmm I guess it's time to jump back in :)

Greeve
11-18-2010, 12:57 AM
My very first impression from this as well as the initial post talking about what was going to be done to the system to balance stats was that this fix seems like it is only going to delay the inevitable stat inflation for another expansion or so and you are going to be back at square one with over powered items. What will happen then? Another round of item nerfs? In other words, I dont understand how this system will scale up as levels increase and more content is added. I don't think youve solved your mudflation issue youve just pushed out running into it again for a few months.

The other thing, as others have pointed out, the pace of combat being slowed is not ideal. People like fast paced action. If the action is too slow then it gets lame/boring.

johnholley
11-18-2010, 01:13 AM
So here is my question then. I have a lvl 43 bear. How should I respec? I have no idea and there is no info on what will help. If you are going to make such dramatic changes - and they are dramatic - to a non-beta environment with paying customers we deserve significantly better documentation. Saying, "we are working on things" is just not what you expect from a commercial organisation. If you want to beta test, as others have suggested, set up a beta sandpit. Paying customers should not have to put up with this. I say this as a real world CIO, and we use agile methodology, where it is just unprofessional to carry out significant changes without adequate testing and documentation.

So when will we some adequate documentation?

Inching
11-18-2010, 01:17 AM
From this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12805-1.5-Content-Update-%2852225%29/page4

What you fail to realize is that this game is possible because of us. By US I mean the long time players who supported you throughout the beginning until now. Without US you would not have gotten the reviews that you did nor the standing in iTunes you have so enjoyed and partied over Im sure. All the top end players like US have paid our dues and hard earned real money so that you can continue your “sustainable business” as you put it.

Im not saying the update blows, I actually don’t really mind it because I’m leveled capped and basically just look around from time to time. What I am taking offence to is that you open a feedback thread and post your past posts and justify your update for US and basically tell us that it’s the decision and that’s the way it is. If that is the case then please don’t open a feedback thread. If you open one and want our opinion, then listen and revert back. If you don’t listen then don’t open the thread is what Im saying.

Im not trying to put STS or get personal here, we are all adults. Im just reiterating that a large majority of the community here are adults. We have more disposal income and hence we pay for more then others.

You know what there is something else too. Angst should tell you some data as well. The level of angst here right now is pretty high. You guys are taking the fascist approach and just deleting posts. This is akin to "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA". Serving customers should be your business approach, the very overwhelming reaction of angst that makes you feel the need to delete posts should indicate you have not done something that makes people happy, and that you should immediately undo it and take another approach.

I have seen you folks listen. What I love about you folks is how you fix them. So......fix it!!! Revert!!!!! I am a paying customer and that is what I am asking for. If you don't, then you will have seen the last platinum purchase I have made. I have financed my spouse's account and my own, that's quite the money you earned from me in just a month. Pissing me off is not going to help you here. Its MY MONEY that helps YOU do this for a living. Now think about that before dropping banhammers and deleting posts.

Do try to listen to us… well the ones who are not emotional and take to heart. You listened to us about the Halloween updates and refunded half the platinum. That I salute you for reacting to the community.

For the rest of us, do please give non emotional feedbacks and Im sure STS will do the right thing and please the majority. If it’s a technically impossible feat, they will tell us. If its part of their business plan and growth of this MMO (being successful or not) we cannot judge.

My feedback for a Mage was posted earlier.

Regards, Inching

jonboy
11-18-2010, 01:37 AM
No roll back, I could never see the need for 196% hit anyway, the drop in crit was a bit scary, but understandable.

juhnken773
11-18-2010, 02:33 AM
So. Basically voids rifts and cosmos are jss regular pinks. Cool. Glad to know it was all a waste of time :)

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 02:44 AM
This sucks. This update made bears worthless.

Ogediah
11-18-2010, 02:50 AM
What u said is so untrue. I could kill bears with my bird and my mage. Its only the few l33t bear players that are so called invincible. So if u get mad u cant own my bear in pvp then go make one and learn it. Build it right and spend the gold on some gear. This is not just about bears tho. U guys nurf't the whole game.

May or not be true about PvP, but in PvE Bears were invincible. End of story.

Zeus
11-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Ogediah, if bears were Invincible why do I have 700 deaths since A03 started :), and btw bears died just as easy too if we messed up a stun or debuff or didn't pin the boss just right. The game was fine just how it was in my opinion, should have been left alone. As the wise always say, If it's not broken don't fix it.

setec
11-18-2010, 03:13 AM
You guys had to change things for room to grow. But does that mean you will hit the ceiling again down the road and will have to do this again? Or is this redesign done in such a way so as to allow potential unlimited growth?

I'm just trying hard to understand.

Thanks.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 03:23 AM
You guys had to change things for room to grow. But does that mean you will hit the ceiling again down the road and will have to do this again? Or is this redesign done in such a way so as to allow potential unlimited growth?

I'm just trying hard to understand.

Thanks.

I'm guessing since its reduced by 50%, they have 50% more to go and further more. That 50% will probably take awhile to use up, and even more for the caps after that. Hopefully each new campaign and cap doesn't increase by too much though, else this rebalance would be used up so quickly too.

setec
11-18-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm guessing since its reduced by 50%, they have 50% more to go and further more. That 50% will probably take awhile to use up, and even more for the caps after that. Hopefully each new campaign and cap doesn't increase by too much though, else this rebalance would be used up so quickly too.

See, that's what I don't get. Probably because I am not a pro mmorpg gamer and because I don't program games. Why can't they just increase forever?

jonboy
11-18-2010, 03:28 AM
How much above 100%crit or hit (pve only) do you need ?

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 03:29 AM
See, that's what I don't get. Probably because I am not a pro mmorpg gamer and because I don't program games. Why can't they just increase forever?

I think the only stat they can increase for armours is defence. Lets take for example void. Pre-update, my full dex bird with a void set (talon/wing) had 97 dodge with evade.

Thats only level 50, and afaik if PL plans to make max level 99, you already have close to max dodge at only level 50. So this "nerf" isn't mainly just to make it harder and such for everyone, but to give them room to improve the future content. They wouldn't need to only increase defence for armours and damage for weapons, but actual stats it gives.

setec
11-18-2010, 03:33 AM
I think the only stat they can increase for armours is defence. Lets take for example void. Pre-update, my full dex bird with a void set (talon/wing) had 97 dodge with evade.

Thats only level 50, and afaik if PL plans to make max level 99, you already have close to max dodge at only level 50. So this "nerf" isn't mainly just to make it harder and such for everyone, but to give them room to improve the future content. They wouldn't need to only increase defence for armours and damage for weapons, but actual stats it gives.

Good example. Now I see. Thank you.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Good example. Now I see. Thank you.

You're welcome :)

I'm happy to see STS planning and working for the future actually, gives me a bit of security knowing hours I'm putting into the game won't go to waste :P

addiekai
11-18-2010, 03:41 AM
This just killed it for me.

Plain and simple.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Well it doesn't have fail in it can you expands on what it was that killed it for you?

Riccits
11-18-2010, 03:53 AM
I understand that, but did you have to change them so unevenly? Those of us who spent time farming/buying cosmos/void/rift and selling fate/fortune/destiny items for under 1k (since they were so common and everyone and everything was selling them) feel like we've been punched in the gut with a Gurgox hammer. It's one thing to balance out some of the equipment, but not in a way that turns the economy upside down!

i didnt try the udpdated version, but iam shocked about what iam reading here... :-/
les and me spended really much time and money to get our equippent and now its all like worthless? that coudnt be :(

jonboy
11-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Just chill for goodness sake devs have said there are more updates to come as they take feedback, you can chicken little if you want but let's see a few more updates before you all emo rage quit. :)

Riccits
11-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Just chill for goodness sake devs have said there are more updates to come as they take feedback, you can chicken little if you want but let's see a few more updates before you all emo rage quit. :)

the update before with remove rushing made me angry... then this update much more now... @ next update i may quit and search a game where i beeing recompensed for hard playing and trading etc... and not bumped back to start...

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 04:09 AM
the update before with remove rushing made me angry... then this update much more now... @ next update i may quit and search a game where i beeing recompensed for hard playing and trading etc... and not bumped back to start...

You still are rewarded for playing hard with this update though. I personally made close to 300k already for a few hours with the new update. And I haven't come across any rares yet.

Riccits
11-18-2010, 04:10 AM
You still are rewarded for playing hard with this update though. I personally made close to 300k already for a few hours with the new update. And I haven't come across any rares yet.

how did u exactly made 300k?

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 04:17 AM
how did u exactly made 300k?

Figured it out from the patch notes, nothing illegal, just a big favor in the update.

Dante Battle
11-18-2010, 04:29 AM
FIRST
Archers are far rangers, fast, dodges lots of time, hardly misses and this update decrease all rangers armor, dodge, crit and hp then whats the point of a archer when i see a lvl 50 full set void archer get surrounded by lots of alien oasis 1 monster and within 5 to 7 seconds it died. Whats the point for a high dex stats archer with low dodge, crit and hit chance? NO point in reducing skill cooldown when we do not even have enough time to survive a single monster hit due to the decrease of armor.

SECOND
Enchantress's mana regeneration never ends and when their health points got minus they can simply health now their mana regeneration seems to decrease by half my teammate's enchantress couldn't even have time to press Resurrect and it die due to the low armor and the monster's hit became high. Even if it has time to Resurrect me the Enchantress run out of mana or simlpy Resurrected me but died leaving a bear alone who cant even kill 5 Alien Oasis 3 monster to a Boss? If a bear cant solo 5 Alien Oasis 3 monster how can he solo a Alien Oasis 3 Boss when before the update they can?

THIRD
Warriors were once Strong, Enchantress and Archers rely on them to kill large group of monsters, killing boss, and pulling or pushing monster away from teammates which helps Enchantress and Archers to survive. This game is also by making friends helping teamates to survive even longer especially Enchantress And Archers but now Warriors became useless as their Skill Iron Blood is their primary skill of survival adding 50 bonus to armor is now 25 and the skill Evade was once +30 dodge change decrease to +10 then what is the point of adding skill points to have a +10 dodge when +10 dodge dont even help to dodge you everytime at all. People complain Warriors is strong now let Archers and Enchantress be but Archers And Enchantress still couldn't survive the monster from Alien Oasis 3 without Warriors Stunning, Draging the monster around. This update shouldnt make warriors so weak if it makes Warriors weak than all 3 Classes can hardly complete a stage now unless potions are involved. Warriors was strong to protect Enchancetress And Archers and Enchantress Resurrect Warriors And Archers and Archers making the enemys weak and hits fast but now a Warrior cant even Tank( handles lots of damage without dieing) how are they able to alive to stun, distract and lure monsters around? A warrior now easily dies resulting Enchantress to Resurrect them wasting a Enchantress's time to heal and Enchantress die Archers will die or they can retreat but resulting the group to fight again. This repeats and breaks the 3 classes uses. Whats the point of evade with +10 dodge which cant dodge at all?

Weapons and Armors
Some weapons has a word Thoth behind it and they were once give +6 mana regen now becoming 2 which waste the money of Thoth's buyers. Now Isis is the next Thoth with a +3 Mana regen now and were once +6 health regen becomeing +1 health regen. The update couldnt anyhow change the equipments stats and the 8% dodge is gone.
No point increasing health pools when our armor become low that monster can damage us fast which needs us to press health potion rapidly leaving no time to use skill when the skill cooldown is faster. OR we can adapt this update if we know your making a new map that gives weapon that is Stronger than Cosmo, Void and Rift and level caps to increase than this update is FINE. What i means is example a sword is lvl 50 giving 8 str 3 crit and 3 dodge now reduce to 2 str 1 crit 1 dodge but make a new map that make level cap to example 60 and give level 60 weapons that is giving 8 str 3 crit 3 dodge so its like the stats of the level 50 weapons but now 60 and level 50 weapons lowered than everything is back to normal. Level 50 sword's 8 str 3 crit 3 dodge stats is given to Level 60 Sword and making the level 50 sword 2 str 1 crit 1 dodge same as the armor. Same as skill, example a skill at level 5 give +10 dodge chance but is once giving +30 dodge chance then make the skill max level to 10 which gives +30 dodge chance. My idea is a decrease in weapons's stats and skills but add players to reach a higher level and new map to conquer gaining new weapon which replaces the old weapons's stats and higher skill level replacing the stats given of the skill when its level 5.

Now we are weaker and money easier to earn but BOSSES harder to kill lesser people will hunt the boss like GALACTIC OVERLORD and GURGOX THE GREAT where they drop void, rift and cosmo weapon especially those who aready have the set will not hunt the boss as those who have the set is still weak and money easier to earn but no people selling Rift, Void and Cosmo in the consignment shop then the money is useless and the RIft, Void and Cosmo weapon is reaching existinction as they become weak no people hunting it and no people STRONG enough to hunt it. Many people is getting richer and maybe a person hunt it and put the price as 1,000,000 gold when the item is worth 200,000 gold and people will really buy it but not enough for other people only 1 person can buy it. And a new person hunted the exact weapon in a longer period he knows many people has more money know and he puts at 1,500,000 gold and if people buy it then this will stacks resulting the Armor and Weapons price to RISE dramastically and new Pocket Legends players will see that all this weapon is so expensive and they might quit less and less people will play or the amount of player never increase then the players who are rich and strong will get bored and quit and when the players is rich and strong they will not buy platinum anymore resulting the Pocket Legend game cannot evolve and earn money.

I am not complaining just a opinion for you all people to see and i wish the Developers will change back this update or add new maps new levels new equip and higher skill levels that will replace the stats of the older equip and skill. But if you really do want make a new map new equip and higher skill than the update should be slower, let us adapt to your new update then adding new map, equip and skill levels higher than we will feel that we really became stronger not like we feel strong today and weak tomorrow and the day after tomorrow you make this update and we feel strong again this dont feel like the right thing to do. Add newer weapons that overtake the Strength of Rift, Void and Cosmo and the newer weapons has the same stats as the stats of RIft, Cosmo and Void before this update. Newer skill level to make us feel that the skills are now important. A skill at level 5 once give that bonus but decrease but make the skills caps increase and we add the same skill to max we will notice it is the same as before. IF rewind the update seems awkward. I spended One And A Half our writing this please use this time to browse and see my opinion and i hope everything is back to normal but not by rewinding the update but making us adapt to this update and make a new update that exactly replace the old onces THANKS YOU. ;););)

jonboy
11-18-2010, 04:29 AM
There you go.

Increased item drop rate and cash drop rate for AO3 trash mobs.

Polyph
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I've spent a decent bit of money on this WONDERFUL game I was enjoying thoroughly over the past week. But tonight when I played I realized I'm in a totally different game that I would have deleted from my ipod in about 5 minutes. TBH the emphasis on autoattack was much more fun on a little mobile device i dont feel like 'button mashing' my touch screen every 1 second. Using my skills tactically was far more enjoyable. Swinging my formerly 0.5 speed sword at 1.5 speed is mind numbing. The pace of the game was so fun before. I never experienced PVP and honestly don't care about that aspect of the game. The pvp balances should never have a negative impact on the pve play.

I didn't realize when I opened my wallet that I was paying to beta test this game. I've MMO gamed since '99 with EverQuest and have played just about every MMO released since. This is honestly probably one of the most drastic, knee-jerk, all-encompassing and just bold/weird nerf patches I've ever experienced. Usually it's boohoo my weapon lost 10 dps but this was like wham the game is 5 times slower now and be prepared to spend every coin you have + the ones we hope you buy from us on potions. Hope it reverts back to at least a shade of what I was enjoying previously or it will be very unfortunate indeed.

Dip
11-18-2010, 04:44 AM
The lamest reasons for nerfing.. This must be the first game to say they hit their ceiling.

Let's say you keep your current pre this update settings.. Keep all the graphical numbers that appear to user the same.

Then at your coding end just use some multiplier or divisions...

What does 100 percent doge means? If your enemy has 120 percent hit? Its all relative right..

You can hv 500 percent dodge but u can still be hit if someone has 600 percent hit.

If you just changed evrrything back down with a 0.01 multipler. Then it will be ok.

I hv been supportive of the devs all this while.. But this time their explanation for update just isn't good enough. And worse their executuion seems a bit haphazard and shortsighted.

Elites will always appear in every mmorpg. If you say that level 19 bear twink ( I don't hv one) are invincible.

Then u need to nerf it. Do you mean everytime someone finds a creative way to be good, you are going to nerf it?

If lvl 19 bears as so good why don't everyone make lvl 19 bears? Coz in the end it still boils down to preference and skill.

And ppl hv the choice to make a bear if they want to be so called invincible. But do they die? Yes coz u need to be good to be pro.. And practice makes the pro.

The problem I see with bears are their iron blood. So? Make it shorter.. Introduce more skills and expand the skill tree.

Diversity is the key for mmorpgs as ppl want to customise and be their own.. Either good or bad its up to them.

Right now the skill tree is so limited that every lvl 50 bear has the same skills. Every lvl 50 bird has same skills.

Now this is a real issue. Not nerfing your good players so that u think it will be fair. If its so not fair why do u see pvps still happening?

The solution has to be sustainable and creative. Not just cure the symptoms and forget about the core underlying problem.

I know I sound overly critical. But you are not dealing with kids here.. If you want to be serious, u hv to take things seriously.

There is a huge diff between a stable game and a beta production

jonboy
11-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Tbh they mostly are dealing with kids, maybe the avg player age base is increasing with the droid influx.

Necrobane
11-18-2010, 04:50 AM
I reckon axes and maces should be increased by 1.5 attack speed. Otherwise they're not in the same league as the quicker weapons. Otherwise, I like the update with the exception of my int bear in PvP and PvE. Can't kill anyone because usually just auto attacking, and with other players h/s i can't kill them. Other wise, especialy at 50 i love the update. :) haen't played my tank yet, but if iron blood and evasion weren't completely nerfed, i dont understand why people couldn't just rotate between them to make up for the lack of armour? anyways, thatnks for the work you guys put in :)

Torrentula81
11-18-2010, 05:13 AM
It makes me sick when people give positive feedback about this update. Just sick to my stomach. Its just that bad.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 05:16 AM
It makes me sick when people hive positive feedback about this update. Just sick to my stomach.

Then you sir, do not belong here. This is a feedback thread and is for personal opinions. If you want a game that pleases yourself most of all, why not try and start one like STS? And let us know how hard it is to start up and manage when you do fail.

Other than that, sad to hear it gets you sick, not sorry about it though.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 05:27 AM
It makes me sick when people give positive feedback about this update. Just sick to my stomach. Its just that bad.

Well done, a gold star for you sir for the most constructive feedback so far. How do you do it, I'm gobsmacked with your insightful and well researched feedback with the latest update.

You Sir Rock.

setec
11-18-2010, 05:27 AM
I reckon axes and maces should be increased by 1.5 attack speed.

+2 points for using the word "reckon". :)

deathdealer
11-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Well the update is good but not great, it's a step in the right direction, but what was the point of decreasing weapon speed? Weapons are too slow to even bother to do anything by yourself, even lv50's have a hard time doing lower level dungeons(solo by the way)

BrainWreck
11-18-2010, 05:40 AM
This would work faster if people would just work with the devs and help create a game we will all love again while still leaving the headway this way designed for. There are so many dramatic posts in this thread, despite the multiple requests for non dramatic posts. Pitch in something helpful or don't post at all.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Well the update is good but not great, it's a step in the right direction, but what was the point of decreasing weapon speed? Weapons are too slow to even bother to do anything by yourself, even lv50's have a hard time doing lower level dungeons(solo by the way)

Same concept as the dodge in the Void issue I think. Gives them more room to "improve" future weapons by making them attack faster.

Promethion
11-18-2010, 05:47 AM
this update should have been released with a new campaign so we actually had something to balance out the excuse for " headreoom". if you are gonna make every level 50 character have the attributes of a 35 lvl character we should have some kind of reason to feel this update wAs worth it! Right now im finished with pocket legends.

Thank You sooooooooooooo much!

NOT

addiekai
11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Same concept as the dodge in the Void issue I think. Gives them more room to "improve" future weapons by making them attack faster.

SO what happens to those who are just starting then?

I made a Bear, thinking that "Hey, maybe a tanker would be good this time around".

I logged out, and logged back in. Then it started updating.

So I thought, "ah, another update. Maybe just some fixes..."

Yeah, they fixed it. I didn't notice it till I was doing hidden path on my own, my bear was slow. Painfully slow.

So I took a look at my weapon, maybe I just equipped the wrong one. Lo and behold, my axe now attacks at 3.7 a/s.

"Wonderful..." I thought. After which, I closed the game.

That should summarize how I feel.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
SO what happens to those who are just starting then?

I made a Bear, thinking that "Hey, maybe a tanker would be good this time around".

I logged out, and logged back in. Then it started updating.

So I thought, "ah, another update. Maybe just some fixes..."

Yeah, they fixed it. I didn't notice it till I was doing hidden path on my own, my bear was slow. Painfully slow.

So I took a look at my weapon, maybe I just equipped the wrong one. Lo and behold, my axe now attacks at 3.7 a/s.

"Wonderful..." I thought. After which, I closed the game.

That should summarize how I feel.

Define just starting. If you just started by being level 1, then there's no harm for you there when this rebalance is what you have to get used to. It would only get better for you.

If your mid way, then you have room for adjustment and improving while getting to max.

It affects end game players IMO, they were used to overpowered characters and now have to deal with them being nerfed.

Yes I understand what you mean by wanting to log off, same thing happened to me with some characters. But after awhile, you still get maps/bosses done quite quickly (might even say even faster now) with a good team.

jessica
11-18-2010, 06:14 AM
As someone who has spent real-life money on this game, and countless hours of my waking time levelling, farming, and enjoying the satisfaction of slowly getting better and better gear, please excuse me for being a little "dramatic".

I never complained about the ludicrous pricing of auction slots or magic mirror, nor the nerfing of the rush in 1.5. All these were necessary to the development and sustainability of this game, and at the very least they still respected the inherent structure that was laid down since the beginning.

But to take my level 50 bird in void gear into Balefort's Hidden Passage and die there is really going too far. To look at all my thoth and isis gear and find them now basically worthless is really too much.

I absolutely agree on the need for re-balance, especially since PL is going to expect more players in the future as the platforms increase. But please don't do it at the expense of those who could be bothered to take this game seriously, and have invested much in doing so.

This is a mobile MMORPG. If I can't solo low level mobs on the bus or when I'm having my hair done I'm better off playing Angry Birds. If I cannot expect some level of security in the future to ensure that all my hard work has not been wasted, its a clear message to me that I should find a more stable game.

By all means nerf away, but at the very least please restore the basic principles of our hard-earned items to how they were. Isis for health, Thoth for mana, and so on.

Protank
11-18-2010, 06:17 AM
May or not be true about PvP, but in PvE Bears were invincible. End of story.

Thats sooooo untru also. My lvl50 bear has 10k kills and 1k deaths. Not invincible. End of story. Ya this update is lame and i want to quit. Not going to spend any more $ for plat nor will i recomend this game to anyone else now.

Melange
11-18-2010, 06:25 AM
I think it's fine, because I can understand the reasons for it and that spec reductions across the board really mean nothing since everyone else drops too.

But, I think it's not the greatest decision social wise, anyone familiar with mmo personalities should be able to guess the dramatic reaction many players will have when you take away from their spec numbers.

Would have gone smoother if changes were made in less visible ways, such as doubling enemy health rather than halving dps. Leaving existing weapon speeds the same and slowing down the next maps weapons.
As for hitting caps, leave the displayed value the same while halving the values in the underlying mechanics. Leave peoples precious numbers the same and there would be less upset people.

Oh well, what's done is done. Everyone will adjust in a week and be happy.

SpeedWeed
11-18-2010, 06:26 AM
i think the whole system needs a revamp.

change damage reduction to % based on armor.

We should have a better skill tree. which gives us a choice to choose talents which give us permanent dodge/more damage/more hp/increased armor/more crit.

and of cos damage skills and buffs.

So a bear who wants to tank. will just choose to lvl talents which boost the attributes they wish to pursue and the skills they wish to use. different specialization.

Attribute points will still give us the relevant stats when we put into either str/dex/int. However they should be subjected to diminishing returns.

example.

at lvl 40. 6 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.
at lvl 50. 8 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.

This will allow for room for STS to add new gear which gives better stats.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 06:30 AM
This would work faster if people would just work with the devs and help create a game we will all love again while still leaving the headway this way designed for. There are so many dramatic posts in this thread, despite the multiple requests for non dramatic posts. Pitch in something helpful or don't post at all.

Except that I didn't pay for this game so I can spend my time helping the devs figure it all out from the beginning. I'm a casual player, and I found the game fun the way it was. I liked that other people already made guides and figured out how everything works, because I would never spend the time doing that. I just want to play the game. Perhaps the devs should have opened a separate beta and invite 2-300 players, including their most helpful ones (ie. those who have made guides, etc) to try it out and give feedback. Let those who want to help build the game do so. Let them find what works. But let those of us who just want to play, continue the way we were going until you guys figure it all out.

And still no answer from the devs as to why all our hard-earned cosmos/void/rift should now be considered worthless. Sure, I can take a break from the game and wait while you work out the gameplay kinks. But what you did to the economy, there's no excuse.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Les just wait, don't sell you things don't buy things well have another update very soon and prob another one or two after that as they fine tune things. Yes this was a big nerf, Yes it was needed for many reasons, had it shocked the player base yes, just don't panic.

chriscw97
11-18-2010, 07:01 AM
just a quick question, i cant tank anymore with my lv35 cause evasion and iron blood r low even when maxed. Does this update have any effect for the mobs hit% and dmg?

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Yes Chris mobs have been affected as well

DMich
11-18-2010, 07:42 AM
After playing a little more and playing with respecs the armor reduction isn't so bad and neither are the other changes but I would still like to see some speed added back to axes and hammers. You already take an armor hit as they are 2 handed but now the hit speed is so slow they are almost useless esp when you miss with a 3.7 rate-ouch. Thanks for listening. I did see a comment from someone who ask for the specs on the weapons-that would be helpful as many of us have spent countless hours learning the ins and outs of the weapons and now that we've learned the answer the question was changed.

Torrentula81
11-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Except that I didn't pay for this game so I can spend my time helping the devs figure it all out from the beginning. I'm a casual player, and I found the game fun the way it was. I liked that other people already made guides and figured out how everything works, because I would never spend the time doing that. I just want to play the game. Perhaps the devs should have opened a separate beta and invite 2-300 players, including their most helpful ones (ie. those who have made guides, etc) to try it out and give feedback. Let those who want to help build the game do so. Let them find what works. But let those of us who just want to play, continue the way we were going until you guys figure it all out.

And still no answer from the devs as to why all our hard-earned cosmos/void/rift should now be considered worthless. Sure, I can take a break from the game and wait while you work out the gameplay kinks. But what you did to the economy, there's no excuse.

We think very much alike. There should be a beta beta version. I tried ao3 and the game was alot more enjoyable then ao2 with a group. I still can't do any soloing. Devs, could you make the enemies hard depending on how many people are on the map. If I solo alone, they are half as hard, 2 people 75%, 3 100%, 4 125, ect. I'm thinking this is my whole problem. Is fun with a group as long is not ao2 but I do like to solo.

I do hope you'll work to make every ones character (not class) but each charecter feel unique in some way. 15 crit doesnt make me feel good looking at a mage with 4 crit. I'm thinking the difference is so small were the same charecter with different skills. Since we pretty much get all the skills, then the outcome is what you have chosen for us. Feels like I'm not creating my charecter, rather playing story mode where charecter is already created for me as I play. Like we are all pre destined to look like charecter X at lvl 50.

I don't want us to all to be the same within our classes or feel like I'm not customizing my charecter. Its hard to explain what I feel was lost by this update. All the stats, armor, dps, armor,rarity bonuses seem so minute that I'm only impacting 5 percent this way or that of what my possibilities are. They feel to limited. Read my other posts in this thread, might help convey what I'm trying to explain.

BlueStarBurst14
11-18-2010, 07:50 AM
You knowejat is funny? For once mages arnt underpowered anymore (I even got 50 kills in Pvp today) and now all the warriors are complaining because we are all even. Grow up. So warriors have no unfair advantage now. It's a good thing! Imagine how mages felt before?

Although yes, the speed is to slow.

And stop complaining about less armor, we have more hp now!

Thanks STS.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Also I have to say I think this is a solo versus group problem, solo players are unhappy thst thru can't solo stuff we guess what MMO, maybe you need to play a MSO.

I just had the best fun running maps in AO3, just had to slightly adjust my spell rotation, but groups that would fail before have a chance to learn from their mistakes rather then being one shotted into leaving, now it's like when that hit that almost killed me if don't do something or a Mage heals me next shot I'm dead, this is a good change then bang your dead.

Duke
11-18-2010, 08:06 AM
I've only played my mage (pure Int) since the update, and I really like it on the whole -- much more "magey" to be relying more on skills than attack, and it's much faster to clear out the trash mobs. Mana Shield and frequent use of Heal are going to be critical for survivability, as is using Blessing of Vitality more often just for the short-term buff.

My biggest concern would be that with "skill mashing" being encouraged by the play changes, that lag spikes are going to be that much more deadly now. As noted upthread, remember that this a game primarily meant for mobile devices... lag happens.

The nerfs to weapon wrt skills also makes using a weapon at all kind of incidental. I'm relying on skills to do 90+% of the damage now, and if I manage to not turn on attack, it barely slows me down. That's a bit out of whack, and for birds and bears, who rely more on weapons than skills for damage, I can see where a lot of the complaints might be coming from. Even before the update, I was more interested in M/S, H/S, and special properties than I was in weapon damage -- now, there's no reason to even look at damage at all.

I'd say restore some of the weapon power. It looks like the update swung too far to mages and left birds and bears behind.

smoae
11-18-2010, 08:25 AM
K not trying to be dramatic here but I really don't understand the new item stats. All of the sudden (for lower level items), the common pinks are better than the rare ones. And I'm not just talking about one occurrence... Darkbolt of mastery is better than dreamers, forest bow is better than snipers xbow, platinum axe of legend is better than conq platinum axe...
These are just the ones I've seen so far...
I realize it makes everything more balanced, and that's a good thing, but if youre going to make these things better than the rare ones, you should switch the drop rates too.

ZephyrSB
11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I think this update is good direction for the game to go in, but just a couple of points: (bird main)

1) I don't like the weapon speed change - not because of the dps reduction (because, in fact, I think I'm killing trash faster due to the other changes) but because it makes the game feel much slower. One of the main off-putting things about MMOs for me is the lack of pace and velocity to standard combat. I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes bashing away just to kill one 'trash' mob. Reducing the speed of the weapons has taken the edge off that pace that made PL enjoyable to play.

2) Some of the bosses have kinda gone overboard on their defences. Just pounding away for 30mins or so to kill a boss is neither fun nor challenging, just tedious. But one-hit-kill bosses weren't particularly fun either, so I'm a little unsure how to call this.

drjonze
11-18-2010, 08:38 AM
I think this update is good direction for the game to go in, but just a couple of points: (bird main)

1) I don't like the weapon speed change - not because of the dps reduction (because, in fact, I think I'm killing trash faster due to the other changes) but because it makes the game feel much slower. One of the main off-putting things about MMOs for me is the lack of pace and velocity to standard combat. I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes bashing away just to kill one 'trash' mob. Reducing the speed of the weapons has taken the edge off that pace that made PL enjoyable to play.

So true. I can deal with my dps being cut in half but the game just feels so much slower now.

Gryndeon
11-18-2010, 08:55 AM
After several runs in ao3 as either level 50 bear or level 50 Mage, both in full rift/cosmo, I have a few more observations.

1. The mummies in crush the keeper are ridiculously easy to kill. Before the bear can pull them into the corner, the three mages in the group had killed them all. The lvl 49 bear (not me) grumbled that he's just leeching xp at that point.

This definitely makes the game boring. There is no challenge at all with killing the trash mobs now. Not even the excuse of more team play works here. The old version of the game encouraged more teamwork in both crush and captive. Now everyone just runs in to kill the mobs.

2. The Keeper is even more difficult to kill now than before. I suspect there's a secret combination of skills that will take him down faster, but, well, i guess it's still secret.

3. I understand the need to strengthen the Mage, but does this have to come at the expense of the tank? It's not like tanks were invincible pre-update. We still died and were dependent on the mages to spam heals and rev us. But now, it's just ridiculous. It felt like the three mages in the group did most of the killing. And the tank weapons are so slow it doesn't feel like we're contributing anything to the group at all. The skills have also been nerfed. My beckon felt so weak, I can hardly pull three mobs into the corner. You know what this makes me feel like? Like I'm level 10 all over again, but can wear the rift stuff.

I pretty much concur with most of the complaints in this thread so far. I tried to keep an open mind, and actually played for a few hours last night to give this update a chance.

But, at this point, I really am pretty much done with the game. My tank was a lot of fun to play, and I tried to keep the mages alive when I can. Now, with weak skills and slow weapons, what's the point of playing it?

The Mage, on the other hand, was too squishy, but we found a way around that by playing pallies. Now, I as pure mage can kill trash mob from across the room.

I think that the devs do not understand the psychology of most of the people who are attracted to this kind of game. We don't want trophies for everyone for just showing up to play the game. We actually want to work at it and win. And yes, we like beating others who are too weak (pvp), and strive to beat the ones who are too strong by improving our skills. Dumbing down the aliens and mummies is not the way to do this. Nerfing the tanks who have grown in their skills is not the way to do this either.

Understand that I am not addressing the raw numbers in the stats, because I understand that they are relative. I don't care that my armor now reads 130 instead of 180 if the bad guys' armor is also lower. But there are some things that were not broken that you tinkered with. Now, just as PL is about to take off, what the new players read is a lengthy complaint thread about how everything sucks now compared to before.

Protank
11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Ok im sorry about the harsh posts. I just think it was unfair and really bad timing for all the long time players. A heads up would have been nice. Anyway its been a fun 8months playing legends and i thank u for that. Ill take a lil break (needed one anyway). Thx for all your hard work STS.

Justg
11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Extensive head's up was given:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12741-Pocket-Legends-Combat-Re-Balance

and

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12742-Test-Build-Suggestions-for-PL-Re-Balance

Keep on giving us specific feedback (x level, y stats z gear felt like this) and we'll iterate. Together.

CanonicalKoi
11-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Played Captive Audience last night as a bird and had a good time. Our tank didn't seem to be having any problems. He died once in the battle with the Executioner, but was quickly rezzed and finished him off. It was kind of nice not dying instantly (or frequently) and really nice not seeing the mages dropping like flies and nice for both groups to be able to get more involved. I'm tempted to haul my Mage out of mothballs and see how it plays. Overall, though, I'd rather play it for a week or so and then comment.

ciss
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
After a couple of hours, I like it better as it is atm. It is better for my gameplay, but Im only 33 lvl dex bear :D But I love it, I can solo, love the mana boost and spells cooldoun :)

I am pro this change!

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 09:28 AM
I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd really like an answer to this. Why are some void/cosmos/rift items now about the same as the more common pinks? The most noticeable one so far for me is the cosmos robe and metallic robe now having the exact same armor (before cosmos had +3 over it and I thought THAT was weak! Now you go and make it even worse.). Please shine some light on this and whether it will be balanced out again so that those of us who spent all our time and money acquiring those items don't feel like we got screwed over. Thank you.

DataPhreak
11-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Repost from Patchnotes thread. Didn't realize there was a thread for this stuff.

Android and iOS play in the same world. Android client should be 1.5.2. If you're in the game, tap the upper right corner of the Enter World screen and you'll see the patch notes. Respecs aren't granted, we instead aren't charging for attribute changes.

-ALS

Right, i know we're in the same world, and I am running 1.5.2. But the descriptions on the skills, that tell you what it does, and the recharge times, all look the same as they did in 1.5.0. If we could get those edited, or the entire skills list posted as it currently stands, (because it's bound to change again soon with all this QQ), that would be helpful in testing this stuff out, and maybe i wouldn't be just blindly spamming skills because I don't know their cooldown timers.

Edit: On a side note, I can't help but wonder if the bears that are dying so horribly happen to be dex bears. In WOW, Nobody will let you tank unless you have a shield.

Edit 2: And another thing, If you're going to reduce the cooldowns on our skills, and increase our reliance on them, you should also lower the costs of the skills. For example:

Blast shot: 20 mana, 12 second cooldown
Shatter scream: 20 mana, 11 second cooldown
Meditation: 10 mana, 91 second cooldown, +28m/s

These are the main skills of the bird, as it stands, meditation refunds aproximately 2 combos over a minute and a half. then you have to take into account the crowd control skills you need in order to stay alive. If you are going to force skill spamming, even if it is smart skill spamming, you should make it viable. I'm not asking for free unlimited skill spamming, but at least our major damage dealing combo, or our only two actual attack skills, blast and repulse, should be maintainable. Maybe move Blast and Repulse shots down to 10mp, and shattering scream to 15. Or reduce the cooldown of meditation some more.

The other issue i see is with ranged mobs. Before the update, ranged mobs were rediculous. 2 snowball yettis could take me out at lvl 25. Now, with reduced armor, 1 yeti can take me out if i'm not attacking him, for example, i'm attacking the melee yeti, ccing him, etc. By the time i'm finished with him and switch over to the ranged yeti, I'm at a sliver of life. Now think about how bad ranged bosses were before, and will be now. Even with twice the health, the reduction in armor makes beating ranged bosses unfeasable at lower levels. Also, with health pools now higher, and armor levels lower, healing skills need a boost.

I'm sure i'll think of more.

Edit 3: I did. Reduce mob armor.

Edit 4: Dang, I really didn't want this to turn into a wall of text. I hope the devs actually read this and don't think it's a bunch of QQ.

Justg
11-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd really like an answer to this. Why are some void/cosmos/rift items now about the same as the more common pinks? The most noticeable one so far for me is the cosmos robe and metallic robe now having the exact same armor (before cosmos had +3 over it and I thought THAT was weak! Now you go and make it even worse.). Please shine some light on this and whether it will be balanced out again so that those of us who spent all our time and money acquiring those items don't feel like we got screwed over. Thank you.

It is going to take time to go through all the gear and balance it out once we have skills and stats balanced out. So yes, we'll balance it and as always, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 09:45 AM
It is going to take time to go through all the gear and balance it out once we have skills and stats balanced out. So yes, we'll balance it and as always, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
After many post-update AO3 boss runs, here's my tank impressions. Using the slow Scim was problematic, in that, I felt, though I was able to taunt more often, I had a harder time keeping agro. This was especially true on King and Executioner. Maybe an increase to lvl5 taunt's ability to generate hate, or possibly an added function that removes non-taunt generated hate from the mob's hate list? I do like having to time abilities with other classes for combo's ( I dislike just mashing), however, I hate, hate spamming health pots. This maybe due to the mages in my group being used to spamming damage spells versus healing, but it's a bit annoying nonetheless.
$.02

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
The main reason of the fail is the HUGE reduction of dodge in both armor and buff. Mages are known for their high offensive and low defensive stats, but now after the update, my dexbear get less than 40 dodge fully buffed, so this make mages have more defense than me with their mana shield.
The increase of hp make bosses worthless. I was fighting keeper without potions on my dex bear. Al i need to to was to spam health pots as even a cri can take down half of my hp.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
When this was first mentioned, skills and teamwork were the priority. On that note, how about adding more combos, and perhaps have the bosses more susceptible to group combos?

addiekai
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm using my int mage now alot more than my bird.

Seems like the "nukers" have been put back into mages.

I'll give it more time, see if the Devs can come up with another balance, or updates to iron all this out. For now, my Bird and Bear will take some time off...

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm using my int mage now alot more than my bird.

Seems like the "nukers" have been put back into mages.

I'll give it more time, see if the Devs can come up with another balance, or updates to iron all this out. For now, my Bird and Bear will take some time off...

When I came to this game, I was a purely mage player in mmo's because I loved 'blowin shet up' but the mage here was never really good at that. Would have left, but I got really addicted to the dex bear with beckon. Its time to level my ~main~ FluffNStuff from 46 to 50 to get back in touch with my inner nuker. Now if they would just add beckon to the elf, I would be in heaven!

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Superzarop, this update IS to NERF all DexBears out there. Skills are pretty Balanced now, but i think The Buff skills of all kinds are weak now. Evasion gives only +26 Dodge? I think you devs need to add more Armor to all Classes, better regen, FASTER WEAPONS and Bring Back old buff skills? Just try to make it more fun, My Bear is running low on armor and dps, talons are weak and slow. Hope my feedback helped abit.

Clockcycle
11-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Whoa talon, bow, crossbow speed doubled, dps cut by half? My white talon was 0.7 speed, now it's at 1.4? Anyone notice other changes? My colored bows and crossbows at same levels actually give better stats than white/trash talon now... (which is proper now I guess)

-CC

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Agreed, Time heals most errors. Not to be a sycophant, but I do appreciate that the devs are soliciting, and responding to, feedback from the community on the forums not just internal testers. I've played most MMO's going back to UO/EQ/DAoC/WoW and I can say it's quite refreshing.
Enough with the niceties, Gurgox's non-shout dmg is riiiidiculous given the reduction in armor/dodge for tanks. I shouldn't be taunting then running away like brave Sir Robin, while eveyone else does dmg.

Purrcey
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Balancing a game on PvE versus PvP is a recipe for disaster and in 15 years of mmorgp I have never seen it work. PvP requies a different data set to balance and make it fun. The PvP zones need to set their on rules.

It has been my experiece that a character balance and equipment balance in the same push never works vey well as the perceptions get confused to players. Balance patch patch patch and test one, then take on the other.

Wonderjuice
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Devs,

You have forgot the most important point of the game. The game should be fun to play. In order to be fun, it should be faster than now. It also should be challenging. You lost both by this update.

The game became too slow to play now. Yes, I can save money for pots now, but I have to spend more time playing one game. Killing mobs are always boring as you know. If you slow down this process, the game becomes more boring than before.

Another point is that this game is not challenging to me anymore. It just takes more time to kill mobs and bosses. I don't need strategies to kill them any more.

What does rebalancing do? Do you think making a class stronger than the others gives users more fun?

You have built a good game with lots of game users who spent long time to be accustomed to this game, and broke all the existing reputation at one time.

Justg
11-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Wonderjuice, we have iterated on this exactly zero times. Give us a chance. Thanks for your relevant feedback and patience.

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Here, here (to Purrcey)

relayer
11-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I haven't posted on the forums as of yet..but have done a lot of reading over the past few months. From what I am hearing it sounds like the high end game was nerfed a bit too much..but thought I would give my perspective as lower / mid level.

I have 3 characters.. level 43 dex bird, level 32 tank, and level 29 mage.

Last night I played the mage in The Lost Expedition… must say, that was the most fun I have had in the game in a long time. Had a pretty balanced pick up group of tank, 2 birds and 2 mages. We didn't just plow through the levels like before..the combat was slower but over all I think more fun & rewarding. It was a weird feeling at first with the weapon speeds. I had more time to debuff mobs, etc. The tank didn't seem to be taking a ton of damage, but I could heal a lot more often as needed. I didn't seem to need to spam pots much at all…a good thing imo.

Anyways, I just want to say that the game feels pretty balanced at the mid level. I think the high end game is where the issues are. Maybe adjusting the mobs, tweaking the gear a bit on the high end will help

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Why dont you guys consider going back to the old usual game? Back when how it was like in Ao2, but ask for our suggestions and feedback for Ao3? *psss... if you guys are gonna do so, pls make sure armor prices dont get too high.*

Derajdefyre
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure, but I think I read a dev post at one point saying later bosses are immune to debuffs. If that is true, I think it is a bad design decision and totally contrary to the new desired "skill based" gameplay. If it is not true forget I mentioned it :)

I like the idea of the longer attack delays, but I think they are TOO long right now. I feel like I spend a lot of time standing doing nothing as a level 18 Ursan. I may feel differently if I spread out my skill points instead of focusing on getting skills to level 5.

I feel like using Crushing Blow on bosses is extremely helpful. It seems that if I spam it then the boss is significantly easier to kill. I maxed it out so it is a huge help. If I do not use it it seems that bosses do damage faster than I can push the potion button. I think that is appropriate. There are enough damage debuffing skills that I think it is fine for bosses to be super strong until you debuff them. That is the goal after all is to encourage skill based play!

Attributes seem to do very little. Maybe this is intended. I think that if people see how attributes are used more then maybe it would help. I see a lot of people complaining that stats are not important. If stat impact on skills was clear then that would be a move in the right direction.

skimmey
11-18-2010, 10:56 AM
i dont know how the lvl 50s feel now but what was the highest dps ? iam lvl 31 now pre update i was like 25 and ok it slowed down a noticeable amoutn but iam slowly getting used to it now :P

Frito
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Update totally sux mage is weaker then ever i cant play in ao3 without party wtf u made this changes !! change back please!

Riccits
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
why we dont make an official refendum? so we will c what players want. if they want game before update or after update..?

derricks2
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Ok, I have been playing MMORPGs since Ultima Online in 97. Instead of ONLY saying "this patch stinks" I will give a few changes I may have tried before changing the entirety of the game. I had only discovered this game 3 days ago, but I was very excited about it. So if I miss a few points of emphasis, its because I havn't played long enough to know about them.

So your over all goal was balance PvP(people die to fast), improve skills(auto attack doing all the dmg), change stat % to allow for future updates(if people have 100% crit/hit/dodge now at lvl 50, whats left for lvl 99??)

PvP Balance Changes
-Increase player health/mana * 1.5
-Increase Mob Damage * 2
-Increase Armor damage reduction % * 2(so if 100 armor blocked 30% damage, make it block 60%)

Effect: Mobs will do the same damage to players, as MOB dmg is doubled, but so is the effectiveness of players armor. In PvP, players DPS has not increased(will probably decrease overall for the publish) so players will take 1/2 as much damage in PvP as they do now. Also, players will have 50% more HP/MANA so this will cause the fights to last longer also.

Skill Re-balance/Re-build for future
- Increase damage skills. Reduce cool downs, mana cost, increase damages

- Adjust base Health/Mana Regen times

- Adjust Passive Skills. C downut %% on some skills by 25% to 30% (ex: Bird focus to 32% from 50% crit/hit).

Effect: This Increases the use of skills to be more viable. Brings Passive skills down to make room for better items/Abilities in future levels.

Stats
-Rebalance stats. Cut effectiveness of how much crit, damage, doge etc... that stats give by 50%. Ex: Instead of 200 dex giving 30 crit, 30 hit, 30 dodge, 20 dex would instead give 15 of each.

Effect: Lowers over all %% of abilities to make room for better items and abilities in the future.

What this does overall:
This would not change PvE much. Mobs will become a bit more difficult due to the drops in crit/dodgle..etc. Mob damage to players ends up being the same. PvP damage is cut in 1/2 combined with more hp causes longer PvP fights. The stat/passive skill changes drops most players dodge/crit/hit..etc to allow for future updates to allow player growth.

I am sure that their would need to be tweaks and things added to account for what I am not thinking of, but this took like 5 mins to come up with and seems to address the issues you seem to have without changing every items stats, reducing the swing speed on weapons to super slow. Again I am sure if certain classes are a bit OP in certain situations.. you tweak that down on a "case by case" basis. Just a thought.

skimmey
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Update totally sux mage is weaker then ever i cant play in ao3 without party wtf u made this changes !! change back please!

isnt the meaning of PvE to play in groups and not be able to solo maps ?? i dont know it was just my impression ^-^

krazii
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Devs,

First of all, thank you very much for your continued efforts to improve the game and make it more fun. I’m not aware of any other rpgs where there is weekly updates and issues are addressed in a timely manner so kudos to you and keep it up. The game was fun before the update and is still fun after the update, particularly group play. I’m excited to hear that you’re making room for future expansion. Yea!

I have three level 50 characters (one of each type) and have played them all extensively using different setups, specs, etc. I also play with very good players who know their characters abilities, skills, strengths, and weaknesses, so I’m speaking from an experienced point of view for pve play. I have not played pvp that much. After playing all three characters for quite a bit of time (post combat re-balancing) in a good group here’s my observations and/or suggestions.

1. Trying to balance pvp versus pvp simultaneously is a very difficult thing to do. I think the players will eventually take care of the balancing themselves as that’s what situations with real people versus real people tend to do. Perhaps there’s a “modifier” you can put in pvp zones to balance character types instead of trying to balance them through stats. Just a thought.

2. The changes are great for group play. Groups can move fast through zones, especially if they utilize their skills. Mages are now vital to a group, birds the same, bears not so much (see below). Using skills to do more damage is a lot of fun.

3. The addition of more health and less armor is very good, let’s group survive more while having to utilize their skills to stay alive.

4. The adjustment of the mobs strength is good, they no longer one shot kill, but have strength and damage to take you out. I do think mini bosses need to be a little stronger to discourage mages from rushing to attack them.

5. The balancing of mana is good. Bears have enough to do what they need without spamming pots. Mages and Archers have enough to get their spells off also. Sometimes you have to use a pot here and there, but not continually. I think what everybody needs to consider is you have a choice of equipment to use increase your mana and health regen rates.

6. Bears – I think the pendulum has a bit to far for bears, especially in terms of dps. I most cases all the bear weapons have nearly tripled in delay time. Frankly this was disappointing. Every bear who played in our group did not enjoy this change and were frustrated (did not have fun). It seemed as if we could only get a swing or two in before the mob was dead (from others attacks) and we were left with the distinct impression that we weren’t doing any melee damage at all. Yes there is skill damage and that’s fun, but we like to swing weapons and do damage too. I think you went a little too far in this adjustment. Another comment was why have a tank if the group, birds and even mages can live without them. (need adjustment see below).

7. Mages – Kudos to you, mages are alive and well again, maybe a bit too much. The mage was so fun to play and felt so powerful. Our mages actually survived and did well, made group play so fun. Thanks for this adjustment. I think you should adjust them slightly (see below).

8. Archers – Archers pretty much stayed the same. Less DPS and more skill damage. Still fun to play. Only suggestion is you need to fix the blaster situation. A bow that you get from a mini-boss should not be more powerful than a blaster that you rarely get off the overlord. Some in our group did complain about mana, but I think it’s just a matter of what equipment you use which is a choice, we aren’t entitled to a full mana bar all the time.

9. Hybrids – I haven’t played hybrids that much, but those in our group didn’t seem very happy. That said, I think everybody has to realize that a hybrid should not be as powerful as a pure character. Hybrids are intended to be a mix of characters type and as such can’t expect to be as powerful as a pure character.

Specific recommendations:

1. Bears – Adjust weapon speeds to no more than 2.0 times the old rates (I’ll use sunblessed schmitar for example make it 1.4 instead of 2.0). Bears have to do melee damage along with crowd control and damage taking to feel effective. You could offset this by making skills recycle rate a bit longer than where they are now. I’d make this change only for str weapons.

2. Mages – Simply put, a bit too powerful. I think you need to adjust skill recycle rates and make them a little longer. Also, have to address the fact that mages can now rush into a group of bad guys and start blasting and live. I’d suggest reducing armor just a wee bit.

3. Archers – Very balanced, only thing needs fixing is the blaster situation. It was not fair to make the blaster less powerful then the bow. Especially when you consider the blaster is harder to obtain. I suggest you swap the weapon delay rates and make the blaster 1.7 and the bow 2.0.

4. Mini-bosses – make a bit stronger, not one shot kills, but they have to make players other then tanks think twice before rushing to attack, currently, mages and archers can just run in and blast away at them.
I hope this helps you in your efforts, great job, keep it up.

Thoughts Devs?

Thanks,

Krazii

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 11:15 AM
This is not a first person shooter. No class should solo current end-game content.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Right now the hammer has been over nerfed and has three strikes:
1) The Speed is 2.7 seconds making it a long delay.
2) The hit percentage has been nerfed so chances are it is going to miss 6 out of 10 shots.
3) Because it is a two hand, it reduces armor so it's tanking ability is low.

So my suggestion is to consider fixing one of these:
1) Increase Speed (Not likely, as the theme here is slower).
2) Increase Hit percentage by having Strength give some, or even add some to the hammer.
3) Add armor to the hammer, or perhaps ... make it one hand like the hammer in the video.

While these are just my suggestions, I do ask that in your next tests you try using the hammer and decide for yourselves if it needs some love. It served you well in the Video, so it might be time to return the favor.

Torrentula81
11-18-2010, 11:41 AM
This is not a first person shooter. No class should solo current end-game content.

Alot of us like to solo and do groups. Before the update I could solo effectively except for some ranged bosses. I'm 43 bird. Now I get killed with 2 or more regular ranged mobs. I'm spamming health pots in these spots wasting hard earned gold. Since the update I like doing groups more then before. God thing or else I'd be out of luck. I think 50% population in mmo's do things solo. Not everything has to be group relience to play the game. To each his own.

Scale the maps to increase or decrease difficulty based on number if player at that moment. Givves soloists a chance and groupies.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Another concern of mine. If you're goin so far as to make equipment almost useless compared to skills, what's goin to get people to continue playing past the level cap? Gold won't serve any purpose, and there won't be any point to farming a certain piece of equipment. And before anyone says "the game is about more than gold" or "it's about the challenge, not the loot," or some such similar remarks, ask yourself this: if the Overlord dropped nothing, would you still bother fighting him once you've done it and can't get any benefits from it besides the "challenge?"

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
The key to my statement is "current end-game content." Solo'n trash mobs for exp is not what I was talking about. Being able to solo AO3 bosses, as some have been able to do, should not be a part of this MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RPG).

Duke
11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Question re: Drain Life mage skill. I'm not seeing any appreciable gain in HP after using this. Has the skill been rebalanced around the higher HP totals? (Or maybe I'm just missing every time I use it?)

MoarPewPew
11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Also I wanted to say That any class that does is not dex is now a problem.

The hit% of str and int builds is very low with the balance.
Also the weapon speed makes us attack less so if we miss it's a lot of damage we loose out of.

TwinkTastical
11-18-2010, 12:13 PM
well, im lvling up all my twinks, the PvP at under level 50 doesnt work, they decided to base the "balance" off of lvl 50... nerfing everything furry =/

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Question re: Drain Life mage skill. I'm not seeing any appreciable gain in HP after using this. Has the skill been rebalanced around the higher HP totals? (Or maybe I'm just missing every time I use it?)

Probably needs to be tweaked along with the healing of a mage. Perhaps the next iteration?

Duke
11-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Probably needs to be tweaked along with the healing of a mage. Perhaps the next iteration?

Hopefully. But this is the type of thing they want to hear, right?

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Hopefully. But this is the type of thing they want to hear, right?

Definitely. Consider how many devs there are and how many players there are. What they are hoping for here is people point out the things they are seeing (like the health steal issue) so they can focus on these things they may have missed. I can't speak for the Dev's and say that they will change that or anything else posted, but I can say they will at least look into it.

Steverd
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM

NO WAY, don't close the CS.
All of my Mage stuff is finally selling!!!

I'm not playing the game right now, until things settle down, BUT I am playing the CS.

Steverd

Steverd
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Ogediah, if bears were Invincible why do I have 700 deaths since A03 started :), and btw bears died just as easy too if we messed up a stun or debuff or didn't pin the boss just right. The game was fine just how it was in my opinion, should have been left alone. As the wise always say, If it's not broken don't fix it.

Yes, this was very true. My level 50 bear dies all of the time in the Victory Lap.

Steve

CanonicalKoi
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Also I wanted to say That any class that does is not dex is now a problem.

The hit% of str and int builds is very low with the balance.
Also the weapon speed makes us attack less so if we miss it's a lot of damage we loose out of.

Level 50 mage--136% chance to hit prior to change. Current chance to hit is 101%. Since I don't PvP with her, it shouldn't be a problem; I'm still over 100%.
Level 49 pure bird--No clue prior to change. Current chance to hit is 108%. Not a whole lot of difference there considering I've got 255 dex on the bird and 62 dex on the mage. Nothing over 100% is going to do you any good anyway outside of PvP and getting debuffed.

TwinkTastical
11-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Ok, so last time you did this... it made class attributes skill based........sooo making the game relient on skills, requires... lots of the class attribute... for example, an intbear has int and dex, so its skills do nothing. Or a pally is str and dex, now is kind of badish, gtg back to skool soooo ill finish dis lataaaaa.

Rashkar
11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
i think the whole system needs a revamp.

change damage reduction to % based on armor.

We should have a better skill tree. which gives us a choice to choose talents which give us permanent dodge/more damage/more hp/increased armor/more crit.

and of cos damage skills and buffs.

So a bear who wants to tank. will just choose to lvl talents which boost the attributes they wish to pursue and the skills they wish to use. different specialization.

Attribute points will still give us the relevant stats when we put into either str/dex/int. However they should be subjected to diminishing returns.

example.

at lvl 40. 6 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.
at lvl 50. 8 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.

This will allow for room for STS to add new gear which gives better stats.

THIS is a fantastic idea, this is synonymous to the system that world of warcraft uses

dirtball
11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Did AO3 last night with a good team. A few dropped out and were replaced along way. Mainly me as tank, 2 mages and 2 birds. We did all the way to overlord and killed him. I think keeper was the toughest boss. Tpaxx took about a minute, all karate guys took a minute or two. Overlord took about 10 minutes, I died 3 or 4 times but it was my first time fighting him. Didn't seem that hard, still one shotted most with his nuke but always had at least 1 stay alive.
I soloed AO3 earlier, all but keeper and Mynas. Health is definitely going much faster with bears but it's not a bad thing. They now have to taunt and backon lots more. Running in and chopping everything is sure death. Health pots were being spammed. Think I went through about 150 or so total in AO3 last night. Almost no mana pots needed. Mynas helm of Isis, thoth Djinn spear, mynas mail of Isis, and a Pharoahs shield of bear(it gives better H/S than other pharoah shields).
Sniper took 5 minutes solo, used 20 health pots. Lorekeeper took about 7 minutes. Used 20 -30 health pots. Got purple drop on both of them. Overall I only died once soloing but health got very low at times and had to run from some mobs to stay alive.
Not a bad update, just have to understand that it is no longer a tank run in and never get hurt type of game. Mages much more usefull now that health goes quicker, and with the lower damage weapons their debuffs help alot. I did notice that combos affect mobs much more now. Terror almost destroys them completely.
Not at all upset and thanks to the DEVS for helping to work through this phase.

Astax
11-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Tbh they mostly are dealing with kids, maybe the avg player age base is increasing with the droid influx.

This might be true. I'm 29 and I arrived with the droid. But I love autoattacking, and using a skill here and there. Just mashing a touchscreen does not feel right to me :)

Warchanter
11-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Why would u change a well oiled machine ? Why ? U had that many complaints that u decided to change the entire game ? Honestly as a consumer I hate it. It's slow and tedious 2.5 really on a sword or a bow really ? I think this change was made for future campaigns that offer weapons that have higher dps. Unreal. Unreal change it back.

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I am rolling here with the threads. I run with a number of you (including the PRO dev folks here) and all I can say is that your pitch is VERY different on the forums than in game.

So my two cents worth here, I came on NOT knowing what the update was about and was quickly shown by ACIDSTORM. I was a bit disappointed with the changes and echo everyone’s concerns. Other then chugging down 20-40 pots with bosses, I am ambivalent WITH my current play experience right now.

Two outstanding issues I think need to be addressed.

#1. A number of us have spent time and money to buy the best BECAUSE of the CURRENT state. DEVS have in turn totally changed that state and dynamics which would drive us to pursue as such. Refund or award players the difference for changing such. It’s not that hard to determine who in the last X weeks/months bought/sold.

#2. REMEMBER YOUR AUDIENCE. These are mobile devices! Game weapon pieces are very slow now. People are looking to get on and enjoy a quick play and associated dynamics. Slowing this down makes PL seems like ANY app. You want PL to be the PRIMARY app. I can say for a number of toons, I run with, they are disappearing and don’t encourage people like me who enjoy sharing and the social side if they are disappearing. Let alone playing on small devices and pounding for health isn't a good enticer to stay playing.

I understand the need to change (good on the nerf) and am PRO DEV and understand business, however why not beta test it with more NON dev type and reasonably standing members before rolling it out. I have to assume this did take place, but can’t be really sure.

Again, just my opinion, however think it’s echoed throughout the forum.

Justg
11-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Have you played since today's update?

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
really!!!! update today... No not yet.... at work..hahahahaha

Justg
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
First, understand that there is a need to do this, and it is an iterative process. Also understand that the most helpful you can be during this process is to offer specific, tangible feedback. Levels, numbers, gear, how it plays.

Finally, please know that we will continue to iterate on this until it feels great, is balanced, and gives everyone headroom for a sustainable and enjoyable play experience.

It's not done until it's done!

smoae
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Still would like a new pink list... You can look them up in CS but the last one or two stats sknetimes get cut off, and it's easier to access on the forums.

smoae
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Probably a mistake but the spells are actually worse for warriors. Stomp and SMS are up about 35-40 damage with about 300 strength points. But buffs and debuffs are down 50%, which is a much bigger loss than gain from stomp and sms. The main purpose of stomp is not to do damage anyway, it's to move and corner enemies. So really, the only significant spell improvement for warriors is SMS, which is not a very crucial spell in the first place.
So bears have 2 spells that are better and 8 that are worse? Plus the armor and dps reduction, this seems very unfair to bears, because mages and dex get increased armor and spell improvement for most spells.

(I'll post some specific increases and decreases for my bear when I have some time)

duhchi
11-18-2010, 05:31 PM
I like the update because now you actually need a lot more teamwork. No more charging into the battle buffed up unless you have the right party. I'm wondering if this was done because there might be a new class? (humans.)

Gryndeon
11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I think that much of the unhappiness here results from a difference in perspective between the developers and the players.

For the devs, this is an ongoing project that needs to be endlessly tweaked until it's just right.

For the players, we are consumers of what we thought was a pretty polished/finished product. This is like buying something, a house or a car or a computer. Given certain specs, we choose a particular product and go home with it, thinking we know what we just bought into. What you guys are doing is like having someone come in and, not just adding some new stuff, but replacing what we already have with products that are arguably worse. Adding m/s to rift is one thing; it doesn't take away from the other players to do that and will let tanks wear the full rift set without chugging pots. But slowing down the weapons? All that does is slow down the pace of the game. And I don't see to what end.

This is not the same thing as developing the new maps/quests. Those are optional purchases. Again, we consider whether or not to make that purchase. But we would really like the stuff that we already did purchase to be pretty much left alone. Any nerfing could have been done for succeeding maps. Restructuring the entire game from the beginning levels is just not a great idea.

Anyway. I did play after the new update. Beckon still sucks. Taunt is weak. The aliens are still too easy to kill. The mages rock. The drops are pedestrian. But the bear isn't so bad to play anymore as it was last night. I felt like I actually contributed to the group instead of just letting the mages have all the fun.

So even though I'm not happy with the process, the result is okay.

The good news, of course, is that new players will be getting used to the new system, which will become their normal. Older players like myself will either adjust or go find something else to do. It's just the way it goes.

Rashkar
11-18-2010, 05:47 PM
first off, the changes are doing actually beautifully, its generating better requirements for teamwork, while still making it pretty quick on runs.

Boss hp is nice and high, which makes the fights a little tedious, but i dont see this as a huge issue, people should have to work for the top end gear.

Changes that i think that still need to be made are:

- 2 hand weapons (including bows and the blasters and such) are WAY too slow still, as well as some 1 hand weapons (ie. axes)
- the set bonus changes were a good step in the right direction, issue is that still some gear is unbalanced. like its more useful to wear a lvl 50 random balistta as opposed to the mega blaster still :S, or its roughly equivalent.
- i realize this change takes time and that the issues with gear discrepancies are being worked out slowly as we come across the issues though.
- mages.... little too powerful as it is, they should have a BIT more delay between their skill uses to compensate for the massive increases in dmg/speed they can wipe stuff out with, especially now with mana shield and the massive pools of mana they are slightly overpowered in my estimation. Like just as an example if the cooldown on lightning is 5 secs now (not sure the real CD time) then make it like 7? so its between what it was and is.
- i notice that most of the good players are now using quick, 1 hand weapons as opposed to using large 2 handers because of the incredible difference in speed, and very small difference in skill damage.
- skills (at least the archer/bear ones) should be more based on weapon damage or something. What would really help woudl be a list of the actual calculations used to determine skill damages at current. Then we can evaluate and see if we can run the numbers and help out with generating a really good and balanced calculation for them.

- Also the singular heal skills on the bear and bird classes need to be buffed up.... even with only 300 health pre-changes it was a crappy skill to have, now 5 hp regen is crap, and the burst heal maxing out at like 50 is pretty sad when ur health pool is in the high 700's and enemies hit u for almost that much.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
After newest update feedback from Mage perspective:

This update did everyone more good, and mages especially. On my pure int mage pre update I couldn't reach 100% hit, it capped at 94 I think. Now with more stats, I get up to 115% even at pure int. I haven't really noticed any big change aside from the hit stat, which is actually what I just needed. As for the set bonuses, the Keeper Staff + Cosmos Armour set still outweighs the pure Mirage Staff + Cosmos Armour set. You do get more h/s and m/s with the mirage staff (with set bonus), but without the bonuses it seemed fine, I could still spam away and the only actual mana drainer was mana shield.

One suggestion as for item bonuses/sets. Make Mirage Staff do more spell damage or even base/DPS damage than Keeper in a set? Since keeper has that aoe proc that is just far too good to let go, it also has more base/DPS than a mirage even after bonuses. I have no reason really to use a mirage staff if not for the sparkle, maybe higher spikes from spells would make me consider.

As a bird:

Significant increase in base damage/DPS. Killing is WAY faster. Pre update (before stat balances), I had to use full debuff + full 3 shot skills and not even bring the yellow aliens to half. Now with them adjusted, a full combo is more than enough, maybe 2 shot skills at most. I've also noticed how thorn wall now says 12 damage per second, but if I wasn't mistaken, I think I saw 300 damage come up after using it in the mummies in Ao3 map 2, and I didn't see any "ticks" of damage while they were in it as well.

The bow/blaster issue makes sense. The blaster gives much more bonuses than the bow. Sure the bow gives 20-30 more base/DPS, but the blaster gives us 5%(?) bonus crit, more h/s and m/s and additional 5 armour. That extra 5% crit = 5% more damage overall, making the gap of the bow lower. Also, I believe the blaster has further range than the bow, which pretty much outweighs the small damage difference IMO.

As a bear, I haven't really played it much ever since anyway, pre or post update. Although from my experiences after playing with it post update, when I played as a bear my main objective was to tank, only. I was happy enough to pull enough mobs as compact as possible, scream, take as much damage as a tank should, and have the mages/birds aoe debuff/attack them away. Stomping/slashes still do well in keeping an opponent (more for stomp) stunned or away from group. One suggestion would probably be to increase aggro control of bears. Although they are much better tanks now, I've noticed the increase in capability of mages/birds to spike damage and add DPS, therefore aggro to themselves, often keeps the target switching instead of focusing on the tank, despite the Taunt skill. Also, maybe since bears do way less DPS/base damage now, to switch one of their skills to another aggro controlling skill. eg. Taunt is for AoE control, add a single target aggro skill that works specially well with bosses. From my experience as a mage/bird/bear, boss fights tend to lead to running around especially if it is a melee boss. Boss targets bear first, archers/mages spike, boss runs after highest spiker, run around and damage until dead leaving the tank close to useless.

Other than that, I still find the update good. Latest one seemed like a boost with increased stats. :)

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Very nicely done Rashkar... Exception for the mage.... I haven't found or experienced that much mage benefit. Cosmos Robe, keeper...etc

fabiokmd
11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey devs
I play almost everyday pl recently ice been playing pvp before the update my bow bear was owning all in pvp(I know that he was overpowered)but what I want to say is that u guys said that u would balance all but what u guys did is only making the bears so easy to kill and Mage and archers (especially mages) to way
overpowered.

I propose that u get all this back to the normally(I mean like how it was before the update) and then re-balance all this again when u think that they are all the
same now. I hope u guys plz fix this.if not then I gonna get bored soon lol.

Fabiokmd-lvl50 bow bear (atm)
Archerglory-lvl47 pure archer

fabiokmd
11-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey devs
I play almost everyday pl recently i've been playing pvp.Before the update my bow bear was owning all in pvp(I know that he was overpowered)but what I want to say is that u guys said that u would balance all but what u guys did was only making the bears so easy to kill and Mage and archers (especially mages) to way
overpowered.

I propose that u get all this back to the normally(I mean like how it was before the update) and then re-balance all this again when u think that they are all the
same now. I hope u guys plz fix this.if not then I gonna get bored soon lol.

Fabiokmd-lvl50 bow bear (atm)
Archerglory-lvl47 pure archer

chriscw97
11-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I found combat much harder than before and survivability. It also ruined my over 200k worth of pinks( which is alot for me:P)
Even though we have double health, mobs hit like 30-50 dmg but before when we had lees health they hit 6-20 if u had good armor.
Also why is m/s greater than h/s on most pinks. My dreamers lv19 had 3 h/s now only has 1 but i spent alot of gold buying these good items.
I dont care if u switch back, i know its ur decision and game and im sure u'll find something to solve the economy

smoae
11-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I found combat much harder than before and survivability. It also ruined my over 200k worth of pinks( which is alot for me:P)
Even though we have double health, mobs hit like 30-50 dmg but before when we had lees health they hit 6-20 if u had good armor.
Also why is m/s greater than h/s on most pinks. My dreamers lv19 had 3 h/s now only has 1 but i spent alot of gold buying these good items.
I dont care if u switch back, i know its ur decision and game and im sure u'll find something to solve the economy
sell dreamers quick.
both darkbolt of mastery and flaming fireblaster are now better than dreamers for some reason. if theres not another stat change, dreamers will drop to 10-20k in a week or two.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I agree with Rashkar that the two handed weapons should somehow be edited to suit it's purpose, to DPS. Since tanking with it is pretty much low, your main reason is to add Dps. And you can't with how slow it attacks.

Also with healing skills. I've noticed with the higher Hp pool for all characters, healing/mana restore skills stay the same. Maybe a % would do better?

Azrael
11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
First, understand that there is a need to do this, and it is an iterative process. Also understand that the most helpful you can be during this process is to offer specific, tangible feedback. Levels, numbers, gear, how it plays.

Finally, please know that we will continue to iterate on this until it feels great, is balanced, and gives everyone headroom for a sustainable and enjoyable play experience.

It's not done until it's done!

My prayers (annoying complaints) have been answered!

Given that i havent been playing much, i'm late to the party on this thread but considering i asked for a revamp more than any other player on this forum, i figure i should say something

First off, it is no surprise that no one agrees about the update, some say its good, some say its bad, etc. Truth is the stat update is more important that gear, so people complaining about their gear or the economy have no interest in the long-term quality of the game. As for people who love the update... well it has some problems.

Basically, the update was a good attempt to make things better, but was once again foiled by a simple lack of thought and testing.

-First biggest problem is that there is no test server. Till dedicated players can play on a test server, no update to the class/stat/skill and combat system will ever truly fix things. 8 guys with 20 things on their plates are not gonna be able to test an update properly... ever.

-there really isn't a balance. Dex>int>str is pretty much whats going on at the moment. The issue goes to the very core of the stats. Dex improves a character alot, int somewhat improves a character, and str barely improves a character. Every class got universal bump in HP instead of str determining HP once again, and really i just cant understand how this happens every update.

-Changes to the equipment in the game were generally positive, but again they were too universal. A huge issue in the game is that items are not class specific, so they have to be universally balanced.

-Skills were tweaked... but from what i can tell it was a buff to avians and a nerf to bears, and generally left enchantress the same. Completely changing/added/removing skills never enters the revamp equation, and considering how many of the skills are basically shared by the 3 classes, its somewhat disappointing, and generally makes one class better at a certain type of skill than another class.

-Skills dont make enough of a difference, you just spam them as they are available. There is no sense that if i root an enemy, that means i stopped him from escaping and now i can kill him. There is no sense that if i debuff my enemy at the right time, i can turn the tide of a fight. Its honestly just button mashing. The game needs tactics to make a real difference, like in Heroes of Newerth.. or World of Warcraft etc...

-Bears are worthless in pvp at this point. They tank pve, but beyond that they can't do anything in pvp. Basically the class swings twice as slow (which is a very good change btw, though its a bit extreme with spears and 2h) but they don't do more damage, and since they have a worse hit ratio than say avians or most enchantress, they stink atm. Added to that, beckon and stomp are subject to %hit instead of always hitting... Yea, bears simply can't pvp competitively right now.

Honestly, i don't want to say any more than that because i only spent 40 minutes pvping today. Overall though the update was a good attempt but failed to create a significant change.

And not for nothing, i strongly suggest you guys all start off from scratch and try as a team to build a new class/stat/skill system. Its never gonna be right unless you scrap it and start over with continuous leveling in mind. If its gonna stay 3 classes forever..then just make it rock paper scissors and go from there... And don't let Cinco solo it either... to much work for one guy.

Xjargon
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Devs,

Nice job. I just bought another 800 Plats.

Just my 1 plat suggestion, next time before major changes, manage the players' expectations better.

Protank
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Extensive head's up was given:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12741-Pocket-Legends-Combat-Re-Balance

and

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12742-Test-Build-Suggestions-for-PL-Re-Balance

Keep on giving us specific feedback (x level, y stats z gear felt like this) and we'll iterate. Together.

It says cinco started those threads on the 16th. Update was on 17th?

Kurlz
11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Right now the hammer has been over nerfed and has three strikes:
1) The Speed is 2.7 seconds making it a long delay.
2) The hit percentage has been nerfed so chances are it is going to miss 6 out of 10 shots.
3) Because it is a two hand, it reduces armor so it's tanking ability is low.

So my suggestion is to consider fixing one of these:
1) Increase Speed (Not likely, as the theme here is slower).
2) Increase Hit percentage by having Strength give some, or even add some to the hammer.
3) Add armor to the hammer, or perhaps ... make it one hand like the hammer in the video.

While these are just my suggestions, I do ask that in your next tests you try using the hammer and decide for yourselves if it needs some love. It served you well in the Video, so it might be time to return the favor.

fluff, if you think your hammer having 2.7 speed is bad, think of how i feel...one of my axes (one handed) now has a speed of 3.7, way too slow...the one hammer that i have has a speed of 3.4ish...faster than my axe...that shouldnt be...i agree with you completely tho...speed should be brought back down a notch...and dps should be raised a lot...went from 85 to 35...and thats at lvl 43...at level 43 i should have at least 50 dps as a tank...but its whatever right now...i dont feel like dealing with it, as my tank stands right now, i have more fun staring at a blank wall...and no, im not being dramatic about it...