View Full Version : Tarlok lair joining bug (?)

Derezzzed
12-10-2013, 04:09 PM
When guildmates are in Tarlok lairs from going through a rift (not using platnium) & there by themselves the join button appears by there name but it keeps saying the zone is full with only one person there, wasn't happening last night, just started happening today, my whole guild is experiencing this issue/bug

Samhayne
12-10-2013, 04:16 PM
If they were previously in a party, the zone has to wait to clear out the party reservations and let new people in. Could that be it?

Derezzzed
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
If they were previously in a party, the zone has to wait to clear out the party reservations and let new people in. Could that be it?

Nope that's not it, we've been running solo south seas runs (not in a party, not in a /partyi 0000 ) a rift appears, they go in but no one can join them

RyFG
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah drezz the join button always show full , but after I continuos click on it after few attempts I manage to join in ..it is a bug ..

Admin please fix it , thanks

Pandamoni
12-10-2013, 04:49 PM
This was happening this morning but if I just would keep pushing the join button it worked after like 20 times.

Derezzzed
12-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah drezz the join button always show full , but after I continuos click on it after few attempts I manage to join in ..it is a bug ..

Admin please fix it , thanks

This was happening this morning but if I just would keep pushing the join button it worked after like 20 times.

Yea same it says it's full but after I smashed the button 50 times I got in, but still the person was never in a party

Btw RyFG, MSG me dude, you should Re-Join, miss ya :/

Samhayne
12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,

We're not able to reproduce this issue testing it internally. Everything works as expected. One of our designers had some latency while playing from home and experienced about what you describe: they had to pound the join button several times and then it went through.

Perhaps a latency issue could be the culprit? Maybe the join systems aren't very robust when high latency is involved. If anyone has input on what their ping was like when they get this problem, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Derezzzed
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Hey guys,

We're not able to reproduce this issue testing it internally. Everything works as expected. One of our designers had some latency while playing from home and experienced about what you describe: they had to pound the join button several times and then it went through.

Perhaps a latency issue could be the culprit? Maybe the join systems aren't very robust when high latency is involved. If anyone has input on what their ping was like when they get this problem, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Mine stays between 80-300 it could be a latency issue but why would it be saying the map is full?

Prahasit Prahi
12-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Well actually I'll explain the process

When we kill a boss in a dungen a rift appears....so now what happens is before joining the rift if we invite any person he is able to join the tarlok lair along with us...before I enter the rift
Suppose if i unknowingly enter the rift and then I inv anyone after going into the tarlok lair then the issue arrises no one is able to join the area except me...even though the complete dungen of tarlok lair is empty only I will be there

Suppose see if I invited derezzed after seeing the rift bt i didnt enter the rift If i Invite him before joining the rift he's able to join me after I enter rift
If suppose I invited derezzed after seeing portal and after entering into the potal if i invite him he cant join then it shows the area is full

Hope u Understood the probelm

Clear cut def:If we invite before joining rift he can join or else if we invite him after joining the rift he cant join even though its dungeon is empty

Derezzzed
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Well actually I'll explain the process

When we kill a boss in a dungen a rift appears....so now what happens is before joining the rift if we invite any person he is able to join the tarlok lair along with us...before I enter the rift
Suppose if i unknowingly enter the rift and then I inv anyone after going into the tarlok lair then the issue arrises no one is able to join the area except me...even though the complete dungen of tarlok lair is empty only I will be there

Suppose see if I invited derezzed after seeing the rift bt i didnt enter the rift If i Invite him before joining the rift he's able to join me after I enter rift
If suppose I invited derezzed after seeing portal and after entering into the potal if i invite him he cant join then it shows the area is full

Hope u Understood the probelm

Clear cut def:If we invite before joining rift he can join or else if we invite him after joining the rift he cant join even though its dungeon is empty

Yes exactly! Thank you for full explanation

chitgoks
12-11-2013, 08:47 AM
derezzed! invite me! lol

Uzii
12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
In southern seas it seems not to work right. I was running random, twice for me portal opened but when i tryed to invite friends/guildies there was no join button at all to southern seas, altough i wasnt in any pt before, and i was alone in the map.

Samhayne
12-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, we tried to reproduce this numerous times and were unsuccessful. I'm not saying that you're not having it happen - you are. It is just that when we try to do what you have described, it doesn't fail. The only thing we can think of is that you are trying to have people join via the completed zone and then enter the portal which would not work because the boss is dead and the zone is flagged as "complete." If you go into the Rift, you are able to invite players and have them join the event zones even after you are fighting the boss inside that Rift.

If you can be more specific about what happened just before you tried to invite people, or have them join you, that would be helpful, such as:

* Were you in a party previous to the portal spawning?
* How did you try to have your friends join you?
* Any specifics of the steps you go through to have friends or guildmates join you and how it doesn't work as you would like it to.

Thanks guys!

Carapace
12-11-2013, 04:28 PM
As a follow up to Sam's question, players can not join other players before going into the portal because that zone has been completed. You may invite players to the Tarlok Rift once inside and before killing the minions at the beginning, but not to the zone that has already had the boss killed where the portal spawned as this adheres to the normal zone joining rules that prevent players from randomly joining players in an already completed dungeon, or nearly completed dungeon.

Pandamoni
12-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I've found that if I'm in Tarlok's lair and want to join someone in Tarlok's lair again I have to wait about a minute after leaving the lair in order to go to another instance of the lair. If I give it about a minute after leaving the lair I was in I can join with out having to hit join like 20 times.

Prahasit Prahi
12-11-2013, 09:10 PM
As a follow up to Sam's question, players can not join other players before going into the portal because that zone has been completed. You may invite players to the Tarlok Rift once inside and before killing the minions at the beginning, but not to the zone that has already had the boss killed where the portal spawned as this adheres to the normal zone joining rules that prevent players from randomly joining players in an already completed dungeon, or nearly completed dungeon.

After joining lair if we invite anyone they are not able to join
that's what i mean

Prahasit Prahi
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, we tried to reproduce this numerous times and were unsuccessful. I'm not saying that you're not having it happen - you are. It is just that when we try to do what you have described, it doesn't fail. The only thing we can think of is that you are trying to have people join via the completed zone and then enter the portal which would not work because the boss is dead and the zone is flagged as "complete." If you go into the Rift, you are able to invite players and have them join the event zones even after you are fighting the boss inside that Rift.

If you can be more specific about what happened just before you tried to invite people, or have them join you, that would be helpful, such as:

* Were you in a party previous to the portal spawning?
* How did you try to have your friends join you?
* Any specifics of the steps you go through to have friends or guildmates join you and how it doesn't work as you would like it to.

Thanks guys!

Well Sam ur coming again to the starting step

Listen first what I say

If we find a portal after killing any boss in any area we find the portal right so we invite our friends before joining the portal and if the invites are done then I who found the portal will enter the portal and the other join me directly to the portal

But if I try to invite any person after joining the portal they are not able to join the Tarlok lair even though I didn't kill any minions and even though the area is empty without others

GoodSyntax
12-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Here is my experience:

If you create a party before you enter the portal, then your party members can join you in Tarloks lair after you enter. If you create a party after entering the portal (i.e., you are already in Tarloks lair), none of you party members can join.

The simple solution is to party up when you see a portal. Do not enter the portal until your party has been set. I know that party members will not be able to join you (such as in the case of a completed Southern Seas), but the point is that the party must be created before you enter Tarlok's lair, otherwise, your party will not be able to follow and they will get the map full message.

Venom
12-12-2013, 12:48 AM
It isn't a bug, it's just that many other players enter a portal same time as you, hence the system takes time to figure out who else to put in the lair same as yours (since you entered alone without a party). So, it says 'reserved' and despite of the join button, friends/guildmates can not enter. Once the system sorts it out, you can join. Meanwhile, you keep spamming the button as you are impatient (human nature) and when you are inally able to join, you think the spamming helped. Just be patient, it lets you join :)

Hadec
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

thats what i do and works just fine.ifu see the join button just rappidly press. it...though it from first
day and helped me so much

Hoardseeker
12-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Fix this please! I experience tish bug 1/3times while joining others

Peer
12-30-2013, 01:56 AM
This also happen in most maps. My friend needs help in Dead City so he partied with me. When I hit "join" Its says that the map is either full or reserved for other players even if he is the only 1 in the map and I am the partied 1.

Sokpuppet
12-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Prahi's first post summed up the problem pretty well. I noticed this from day one and have had the problem many times. As mentioned before, if you continue to press the join button, it will eventually let you in. In case what Prahi said wasn't understood I'll try to sum it up, but will probably pretty much say the exact same thing lol.

You're farming for portals by yourself, not in a party, and you kill the boss you get a portal spawn. Before you enter the portal, the correct thing to do is to invite the players that you would like to join you in Tarlok's Lair. Once you've invited them to your party you step through the portal and the other spots in your map are reserved so other players can't take them. Those that you invited can now join you once you've stepped through. However, the problem is happening when a player steps through the portal before inviting players to his party. If this happens, the players are able to accept your party invite, however when they attempt to join you they will get a message stating that the game is full. I'm assuming this is (as I think Venom explained) due to the fact that many players in your level range are stepping through the portal at about the same time, therefore the system is attempting to put them in your map but won't allow it because you've already reserved those spots by inviting friends to your party. I would imagine this takes a few seconds for the system to "sort out" which is what causes the inability to join for a little bit. Technically, the spamming of the join button isn't really what's allowing you to eventually join the map, it's the amount of time that has elapsed during your spamming of the join button. I'm not sure what could be done to fix this but in my opinion, this close to the end of the event, it's probably better to just let it play out so the devs can devote their time to other things.

Excuses
01-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Seems like devs are reading this... so adding my experience.

I was in pt with my wife, she used plats to kill a dragon and before she started (she was in lier i was in town) I used bathroom and came.
Andtm tried tobjoin the room, then it said i need to be invited (i don't get what this means but this is what it said)... and doesn't let me join the room. Happened 2 times today. So I want to ask what this is.
Seems like there is time limit to join the room or something. Can you verifiy this?