PDA

View Full Version : 2013-12-11 Content Update (137056)

H2N
12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Tarlok's Rift bosses have been rebalanced for lower level players to be more forgiving and have less health.
The pet Breezaga had their passive mana heal ability reduced to not be overpowered.
Tarlok's Ice Barrage ability allows more time in between casts to escape.
Updated description for Savior of Frozen Hope achievement to clarify the requirements.
Fixed a display issue with the Ghastly Scythe's damage/DPS.
Frozen Hope's Village Chief now allows players to manually take the Savior of Frozen Hope Quest.
The Arlor weather forecast calls for snow.
Tarlok's Rift's portal now remains open for 90 seconds before closing after spawning from an eligible boss kill.
Consignment Shop search has been refined to perform better. If you have any concerns with how the Consignment Shop is performing after this update, please post your feedback to the Official Arcane Legends Forums at www.SpacetimeGames.com. Thanks!

Ishtmeet
12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
1st

kronfeld
12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
2 :D

Samdegreat
12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Awesome XD better than Halloween

Aserockon
12-11-2013, 05:29 PM
4th

First time in the top 5

HeartlessR
12-11-2013, 05:32 PM
ugh.. no change to boss spawn rate. Its bad enough portals are going to be difficult to get now. But wasting 20 minutes for a 8 token goblin.. well. meh.

Breezaga wasnt op.. lol. it was about time there was a pet released similar to sams passive and you guys nerf it.. im glad i didn't bother buying one because now its prob worthless :s

ruizerwin
12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Now meeeee

ShootingxStar
12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
6th

Spanspan
12-11-2013, 05:39 PM
wah kampret ni kalo begini jadinya

Sokpuppet
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Making them tougher to farm, which will make players start spending plat to get to certain bosses.... Well played STS, well played...

Ishtmeet
12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL

Vystirch
Awe infinite farms gone? now it wont be easy to get rare items... But they will be more expensive now ^.^

-Vys

P.S. it is the right decision though

Striderevil
Arcane vs Legendary pet... You cannot be serious about matching Sams passives. Even Grimm a mythic does not match Sams ability

Maalice
12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Portals were being abused... maybe this stuff will b worth something now

Derezzzed
OFC they'd put a timer on the portal >_>

bhutkeyur
which kind of legendary pet u guys invented which cost 2m? heh
It was really really OP - sarcasm

briantheboss31
Awesome sauce! Especially the snow!!!

Lovingly
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
just what i was expecting, great work!

Jezebelia
12-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Boo. Fixed the exploit. Lol.

Erianu
12-11-2013, 05:47 PM
lol u missed the plats for opening Portals... boring now.
spawn rate of Portals is to low btw

asimauara
Imma lazy man I'll just find another easy way!

Jabu
How does this update make it harder to farm?

wlsgh15
12-11-2013, 05:48 PM
STS,
would u guys plz stop change nerf/buff after released on market? we dont wanna waste gold/plat anymore about being changes.
or release after all test proved.
thanks

adhyss
12-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm its okay with this...but can you guys increase portal opened when we defeat high lv boss or in elite map...cause its not fair if rate portal opened in low lvl boss same like high lvl or in elite map... thanks :)

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Hydenco
12-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I've finished my first savior of frozen hope quest yesterday and have the second one today but my achivement count is still 1. Please help.

Carapace
12-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Specifics regarding Breezaga change.

Previously his mana regen passive ability was granting 35-50% of his damage done back as mana, now he returns 10-15%. This is not a major change as the amount of mana returned is still very good. The change comes from moving into levels 30 and beyond, where the amount of mana coming back becomes a bit absurd and negates the need for mana potions in any context.

This is more of a preemptive strike in regards to something that will later become a major problem compared to now where it isn't as large problem.

Og kush
12-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Man dang y'all fixed it

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Specifics regarding Breezaga change.

Previously his mana regen passive ability was granting 35-50% of his damage done back as mana, now he returns 10-15%. This is not a major change as the amount of mana returned is still very good. The change comes from moving into levels 30 and beyond, where the amount of mana coming back becomes a bit absurd and negates the need for mana potions in any context.

This is more of a preemptive strike in regards to something that will later become a major problem compared to now where it isn't as large problem.

So at lvl 30 since he hits 3 enemy's would that heal 10-15% on each hit or in total?

VanRah
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
This:

I've finished my first savior of frozen hope quest yesterday and have the second one today but my achivement count is still 1. Please help.

Sceazikua
12-11-2013, 06:20 PM
nice solution to the exploit :)

cyrusrevange
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM
no mood to play anymore after this update lol

Carapace
12-11-2013, 06:23 PM
So at lvl 30 since he hits 3 enemy's would that heal 10-15% on each hit or in total?

Per enemy hit I believe is how that pans out

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Per enemy hit I believe is how that pans out

So if he hit let's say 110 , 120, 150 on 3 enemy's then I'd get back 11 + 12 + 14 mana? If so then I completely agree that this nerf is fine, +30-40 mana per 3 hits is defiantly fair

Carapace
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
So if he hit let's say 110 , 120, 150 on 3 enemy's then I'd get back 11 + 12 + 14 mana? If so then I completely agree that this nerf is fine, +30-40 mana per 3 hits is defiantly fair

This is correct

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 06:58 PM
This is correct

Great ^_^ that is quite generous, but while I'm here

I'm aware the portals were being exploited but I'm not to sure about the 90s being a viable solution, what if someone has died at the boss and can't run back in time or they have something that pops up in real life that they have to do quickly? They wouldn't be able to make there own portal which they got fairly, my suggestion if possible would be to implement that the timer for this 90s wouldn't start counting down until the first person entered the portal, that way it could give players that have died or have to go AfK quick a chance to get back

Also what happens when a portal & elite bael or krunch spawns? Again it isn't very fair that you'd have to pick between krunch/bael & a portal, plz take my suggestion into account, thanks ^_^

Ps: good job on the event

chitgoks
12-11-2013, 07:06 PM
the solution is to lock the map wheb portal opens.

nobody can join

cloud17h
12-11-2013, 07:08 PM
90s....its false, only 60s

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
the solution is to lock the map wheb portal opens.

nobody can join

Yes that would work aswell probably a better solution then my own

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
90s....its false, only 60s

How you know? Is there a timer or something?

Morholt
12-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Thank you for fixing that ugly exploit. I'm actually shocked so many people are crying (yes, many of you sound WAY past complaining) about it.
Play the game in the fair intended manner it should be. Going into Tarlok's Lair unlimited times in a row to farm sounds far less fun than searching for each portal. The spawn rate for portals seem to be very good. Any more frequent and smart players with top gear will be able to get portals way too fast.

90 seconds is plenty. I can't see people not being able to run back to the portal if they die last second on any of the maps.
If they have something come up...step into the portal first and then go do whatever it is that comes up.

Hmm, a portal and a Bael spawn? That'd be quite rare. I guess you have to take your pick at which you want! Or have someone join the map to hold your spawning, while you clear the portal and rejoin your friend for the boss. Or maybe sts already has it set so both can't simultaneously spawn?

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Thank you for fixing that ugly exploit. I'm actually shocked so many people are crying (yes, many of you sound WAY past complaining) about it.
Play the game in the fair intended manner it should be. Going into Tarlok's Lair unlimited times in a row to farm sounds far less fun than searching for each portal. The spawn rate for portals seem to be very good. Any more frequent and smart players with top gear will be able to get portals way too fast.

90 seconds is plenty. I can't see people not being able to run back to the portal if they die last second on any of the maps.
If they have something come up...step into the portal first and then go do whatever it is that comes up.

Hmm, a portal and a Bael spawn? That'd be quite rare. I guess you have to take your pick at which you want! Or have someone join the map to hold your spawning, while you clear the portal and rejoin your friend for the boss. Or maybe sts already has it set so both can't simultaneously spawn?

I've had portal and bael spawn 3 times during the event it's not as rare as you'd think, & I personally wasn't complaining, ya I'm disappointed it was fixed but I expected it to be anyways, all I'm saying is I'm sure there would have been a way more viable option than just sticking a 90s timer on a portal

phillyr
12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Very low

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
12-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Lmao, i farmed and farmed and gained 4 myths thanks to the glitch now it is enough prizes needs to rise... :P

Morholt
12-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I've had portal and bael spawn 3 times during the event it's not as rare as you'd think, & I personally wasn't complaining, ya I'm disappointed it was fixed but I expected it to be anyways, all I'm saying is I'm sure there would have been a way more viable option than just sticking a 90s timer on a portalI can spend a day trying to get a Bael spawn and here you are getting it AND a portal?! Rub it in, pal! haha :P

I'm sure there can be better ways to fix it, but sts had to do a quick fix. I honestly was hoping it'd be released by itself by 1 pm to nip the problem quicker. Doing all the other stuff/double checking it...that could have been postponed a couple of hours.

I carefully made sure to say 'many' were doing more than complaining. As you, and others, weren't complaining. Just disappointing to see people get so upset about not being able to continue exploiting something to satisfy their greed... "omg, I have to PLAY the game to get items & gold?!"

Also, nice touch with the weather, sts!
I look forward to when it bugs up and chickens start to trickle down (I jest)! :D

keikali
12-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Nerfing a already very hard to loot pet? Thats one thing you should not have done.

Derezzzed
12-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Nerfing a already very hard to loot pet? Thats one thing you should not have done.

Agree on the hard to loot part but with Carapaces explanation if we were getting 50% of his dmg and he hits 3 times his max dmg is 150 ish so 150x3 is 450 divided by 2 (50%) is healing 225 mana per hit could u imagine a rouge with him in PVP!? I'm a rouge and I even have to admit that's way to OP

Prahasit Prahi
12-11-2013, 08:34 PM
90sec it sucks
What if he suppose fails to make party before 90sec....damm not a good update

Maxcd
12-11-2013, 08:41 PM
90sec it sucks
What if he suppose fails to make party before 90sec....damm not a good update
You enter the portal then make the party

Prahasit Prahi
12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
You enter the portal then make the party

No one is able to join if i invite like that

Maxcd
12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
No one is able to join if i invite like that
I'm believe you only cant start a party if you already started the boss. However having a partial party, then inviting more people will make the new people not be able to join. (I hope I said that right)

Energizeric
12-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Guys, the Tarlok armor, helms and amulets have better stats than the best legendary shuyal gear, so they need to be very rare. In the 2 days of the glitch, there were over a thousand of these items for sale in the auction -- that's in only 2 days!! Prices dropped to under 1k on many of them, and even the best ones were only going for 50k. With prices dropping that quickly, by the end of the event they would all be worth a few hundred gold each. And who would pay any more for architect items that drop in elite shuyal? Nobody! So elite farming would be dead, and the whole economy would be ruined. The only items with any value would be mythic/arcane.

Furthermore, these Tarlok helms and armors are better than much of the elite legendary discontinued gear from some of the past campaigns. So the result would be value ruined for all of those old "collector" items. If they keep these items very rare, then it shouldn't have too much of an effect on prices of other gear, but at the same time will add some interest with the new items.

In the end, nobody likes farming for worthless crap items. Everyone prefers farming for pricey items. You want to get lucky and make millions. You can't do that if the loot is worthless. So this is a good fix any way you slice it.

AlienPlanet
12-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Glitches or bugs are part of the game (intentional or not)...but they are always meant to be fixed...for others enjoy while it ain't...

eugene9707
12-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Agree on the hard to loot part but with Carapaces explanation if we were getting 50% of his dmg and he hits 3 times his max dmg is 150 ish so 150x3 is 450 divided by 2 (50%) is healing 225 mana per hit could u imagine a rouge with him in PVP!? I'm a rouge and I even have to admit that's way to OP

i guess it depends for different class ? rogue and warrior mana usage is less than mage ._.

so this passive is better for war and rogue than mages

Zyntia
12-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Breezaga nerfed aww :(

What about those who bought the pet for its passive? Why nerf it now after people have already bought it for a hefty sum off CS? The pet's OPness could have been verified prior to the release I believe. Its like Santa gave you a nice doll for christmas and then decided it was too pretty, so broke its neck.
Breezaga's USP was its mana regen. Meh, I am not going to do that farming anymore now for a pet that is less useful than others available in the stable.

becky_xil
12-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Complete party..4 different maps.. 1 of pt member runs elite.. for 3 hour and still no portal? Really? Sick rate joke? Nice rate for something u call as EVENT

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Kostral
12-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Complete party..4 different maps.. 1 of pt member runs elite.. for 3 hour and still no portal? Really? Sick rate joke? Nice rate for something u call as EVENT

Plat Portals are allways opened for everyone ^^

becky_xil
12-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Plat Portals are allways opened for everyone ^^

How about we call it plat user event then?

Kostral
12-12-2013, 03:48 AM
How about we call it plat user event then?

Sad but true ..

well i wont complain about it , when people was able to glitch and had their ultra fast chests and tolkens everything was awesome , but now when something goes like it must go everyone blamm...

best as i can say : Happy Christmas to all ( at least i wish ) !!

KingMartin
12-12-2013, 05:45 AM

After the update we did three test runs in Forest Breach (elite ofc) and got 3 portals.

keikali
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
The portal glitch fix was 100% justified. If this wasn't fixed, the already broken AL economy would break even more.

For those who are complaining, have you tried running maps after the fix? One thing to note is Elite maps tend to spawn Rift Portals more than regular maps.

I ran 3 Elite Maps yesterday, one after another and 2 Rift portals popped up.

Derezzzed
12-12-2013, 10:57 AM
The portal glitch fix was 100% justified. If this wasn't fixed, the already broken AL economy would break even more.

For those who are complaining, have you tried running maps after the fix? One thing to note is Elite maps tend to spawn Rift Portals more than regular maps.

I ran 3 Elite Maps yesterday, one after another and 2 Rift portals popped up.

Pshhhhh plz, silly smurf :D you're doing it wrong xD go run normal south seas ;) :banana:

Ixyris
12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Wait, Bleezaga let you recover mana? There is no such information in pet stable screen!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Uzii
12-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Please reconsider the duration for portal, bc right now some of my friends died and when he came that loooong road back portal disapeared, not to mention when the full inventory stops u.
Make it a bit longer so he can make it next time :). Thx.

Approximation
12-13-2013, 04:14 AM
Nice

Approximation
12-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Good

adhyss
12-13-2013, 11:27 AM
So now for low level can create own party...and deafeat tarlok boss,without had to asking help from high level...am i right?

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk