PDA

View Full Version : Boss mili attack in norm map! 1 shoot I'm dead with mythic gear???

Simon Chee
12-11-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm very disappointed with the patch. I went to Windmore (normal map) this morning though happened to meet a few lvl 36 players. I am on full health and I died immediately after the blucrab boss cast a milli attack!??? the first death I thought it could be lagg n I respawn using plat, I died again when boss cast 2nd milli attack..Omg!! You must be kidding me! Im on full mythic gear, what's going on here? What's the mythic items for???

Wutzgood
12-12-2013, 12:22 AM
If you are a rogue or Mage you must learn to dodge. Mythic gear won't save you from some bosses attacks.

MetalForce
12-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm a 36 rogue with good legendary gear, but any boss attack that makes a red mark on ground will 1 shot me. Con of being a rogue.

Soundlesskill
12-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Frostir 1 shoots too in normal map.. I'm full mythic rouge :s

smuggs
12-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Yep...just how it works...some bosses are better to take on with DPS and others grab your bow for. I do all kraken maps with dps with the exception of Bloodhammer, but I have fast reflexes so maybe try to use a bow and stay back to make it easier to avoid charged attacks...
I also have over 500 dps so that helps deal the damage fast...all legendary user minus an epic ring I'm using.

Slappityslap
12-12-2013, 08:48 AM
The same rule applies with women with pms, stay away from the red zone.

keikali
12-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Protip: You are NOT suppose to try to fight it while in red zone. Just saying.

Sorcerie
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Protip: You are NOT suppose to try to fight it while in red zone. Just saying.What he said, the only ones who should be fighting in close quarters without fear of getting one shotted are warriors. For rouges and sorcs constant movement is absolute key to survival, mythic gear or not.

Gorecaster
12-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Do you really think since you have mythic gear, you should now be indestructible? Play smart and stay alive, stand in red zone derping... u gun die.

GoodSyntax
12-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Here is my tactic to avoid boss AoE wind-up attacks (works most of the time):

When you first see the AoE cone, fully charge Pierce and use it! This will take you into the boss and then through him, outside of his attack area. It is super useful for Grimnr, Frostr, Blue Crab, Inan.

Basically, for any boss that you cannot simply tank, attack at range, after a windup attack, rush in and spam skills. Then, if you see another windup, charge Pierce and get out of his attack range.

Granted, having a Warrior around to shield you when there is a wind up helps immensely, but you can't always count on good shield timing, so perfect your own dodge skills.

Striderevil
12-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Too bad mages have no range or pierce attacks. Lol. BTW blue crab technically should not be able to 1 shot you. Of all bosses its the least likely to. Maybe you have to increase your HP a little to survive and pot

Rare
12-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Too bad mages have no range or pierce attacks. Lol. BTW blue crab technically should not be able to 1 shot you. Of all bosses its the least likely to. Maybe you have to increase your HP a little to survive and pot

Sorcerers don't have range attacks? What attack do they have that is NOT long range?

drgrimmy
12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Sorcerers don't have range attacks? What attack do they have that is NOT long range?

Particularly time and the rod/staff auto attack, but also to a lesser degree curse and gale depending on your upgrades. But I agree. I usually try to keep my distance with most bosses unless I know I can pot through hits I am taking from that boss.

Striderevil
12-21-2013, 06:09 PM

When you have to get within a bosses red zone to throw a fireball or a Ice ball or have to pass one to place the clock down correctly, trust me its not a ranged attack its just a skill attack. When you attack with rogue and the boss has to actually run after you to hit you then its a ranged attack.

Shadow217
12-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't know why he killed you the only bosses that can one shot me are frostir,Inan, and blood (maybe a couple more) but Blue has never one shot And I'm full legend armor. Maybe I've gotten lucky and dodged him I don't know. But yeah use full charge shadow to Dodge it'd better to avoid the hit completely than try to tank it :)

Sceazikua
12-22-2013, 06:08 AM
To me armor doesnt matter here, what matters is your hp. My mage once was 3k6 hp with around 800 armor (full versatility) and that firey attack got me almost dead, while another rogue of my guild with full mythic and 2k7 hp died.

smuggs
12-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Your health does play a big role...but you've also gotta remember your role too. If you're not a tank you should be avoiding those red zones like the plague unless you know for sure you can pot through it. There are some bosses who have charged attacks that I know if I'm below 75% health there's a high chance I'm getting one shotted, so if I see it coming Ill either heal up to 80%+ or run/pierce. Get to know your bosses a little better and you'll figure these things out. Health can keep you alive...barely...but its better to not risk it and either spam those pots or run...or even a dodge pet for that slight chance to have them miss.

Temarichan
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Even though you all mythic, are your amulets and rings good?

Yeah it'll knock out my health down to 10-20%... Just avoid the red area, use a bow. Use a pet that will give u a speed boost, and increase your dodge to like...40-50%.