PDA

View Full Version : The Keeper after the update.

Ogediah
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM
The boss "K'sarr the Keeper" has always had a reputation of being tough, but I think he may be too tough. With a full party and over an hour of beating on him, he is just now at half health. I mean there is tough and then there is just ridiculous.

Maybe we are doing something wrong and someone can enlighten me.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_l3JI3SpA5uk/TOSsy5ztXnI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/jrN6G2N2htw/s144/IMG_0267.jpg

neto333
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
WHy you want a hard keeper? i want kill the keeper only with one hit, if you are looking for some dificult why you donīt go only by yourselft?

Ogediah
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
WHy you want a hard keeper? i want kill the keeper only with one hit, if you are looking for some dificult why you donīt go only by yourselft?

Sorry, I don't speak gibberish.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 10:35 PM
It took us 4 mages roughly 6-7 minutes to kill him, what is your line up? No elixirs yeah?

Justg
11-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I am sure the bosses are going to need special attention to balancing after we get the players all worked out. Thanks for your patience and constructive feedback.

neto333
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
That means that the bosses will bee imporved? why? only with this update all is dificult now? pff

Ogediah
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
It took us 4 mages roughly 6-7 minutes to kill him, what is your line up? No elixirs yeah?
A war mage, two tanks, and two mages. No elixirs. I can see where an all mage party might do well in this scenareio. If you keep bombarding him in a corner does he not have time to retaliate? or do you have one person pulling and the others chasing?

Right now we have a tank pulling aggro and the rest of us are beating on him.

I am sure the bosses are going to need special attention to balancing after we get the players all worked out. Thanks for your patience and constructive feedback.

No problem.

EDIT:
We just finally defeated him. It took close to two hours.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 10:50 PM
A war mage, two tanks, and two mages. No elixirs. I can see where an all mage party might do well in this scenareio. If you keep bombarding him in a corner does he not have time to retaliate? or do you have one person pulling and the others chasing?

Right now we have a tank pulling aggro and the rest of us are beating on him.

First problem I see is no bird, thats 70 armor that you could have taken off when his shield is down. Not to mention the bird damage debuff.

War mage is a pally or a dexchantress? Either way, after rebalance update both don't do as much dps anymore. Furthermore with tanks, they do even less DPS now.

We were able to do it by just one mage with aggro running around til his shield drops, spike him, rinse repeat. One of us had a damage elixir but we were all in laser wands.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 10:57 PM

No bird? ...

Bigsleazy
11-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Are you saying you need a balanced party and a good strategy to beat bosses? What a strange idea....

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:05 PM
No bird? ...

No, 3 int/dex mages and 1 dexchantress. It took us that long because I remember using an elixir before the fight, and after it wore out it died a bit afterwards.

Ogediah
11-17-2010, 11:20 PM
First problem I see is no bird, thats 70 armor that you could have taken off when his shield is down. Not to mention the bird damage debuff.

War mage is a pally or a dexchantress? Either way, after rebalance update both don't do as much dps anymore. Furthermore with tanks, they do even less DPS now.

We were able to do it by just one mage with aggro running around til his shield drops, spike him, rinse repeat. One of us had a damage elixir but we were all in laser wands.

I forgot birds have armor break! I'll have to add that to the mix next time. We had one character that wasn't really apart of our group and was filled with random people as we went, and it seemed general consensus that it hasn't taken them that long to kill him. One guy said he had already killed him 3 times this evening. He couldn't figure out why it was taking so long either.

It was a pally. I don't really miss the DPS either. Before playing and just seeing the numbers I was a little upset at first, but after playing I think it balances things out. With skills higher and more important, it seems to speed up the game (when you aren't playing the keeper lol) and require more attention and skill than auto-attack did.

Are you saying you need a balanced party and a good strategy to beat bosses? What a strange idea....

Just the opposite. I happen to like the update.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 11:24 PM
No, 3 int/dex mages and 1 dexchantress. It took us that long because I remember using an elixir before the fight, and after it wore out it died a bit afterwards.

I thought only birds can take down the shield??

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Interesting. Over an hour just seems ridiculous. Would you have happened to notice his shield? Was it up most of the time? Did he put it up quickly right after?

Bigsleazy
11-17-2010, 11:29 PM
I was being sarcastic ogediah. Clearly, people got too accustomed to mindlessly attacking things. I love this update because it should clear out all of the people with no work ethic or patience and, therefore, make the game more enjoyable.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
I thought only birds can take down the shield??

Nah, keeper shield only takes time to be removed. Its only Overlords shield that can be taken down by a bird.

TwinkTastical
11-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Itd be easier, and better for all of us, if we made this update never happen.

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Nah, keeper shield only takes time to be removed. Its only Overlords shield that can be taken down by a bird.

Hmm ok I thought they were the same, and wondered why blast shot didn't seem to work all too well on it. Good to know, thanks.

Ellyidol
11-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Hmm ok I thought they were the same, and wondered why blast shot didn't seem to work all too well on it. Good to know, thanks.

Yeah, they could be IMO, would make things easier. I haven't really seen a way to get around Keeper's shield. The largest gap time before he shields is before the first shield I think. I even think bear debuffs make him put it up again. I've seen it go down and up in just a few seconds. I'm not sure on all of this though, just theory. :)

Fyrce
11-18-2010, 07:44 AM
If this update means skills are more effective, that means some groups will have a good time. Keeper goes down quick if you do your damage when his shield is down. You can see his life meter go down and it's fast, or it CAN be fast if timed properly.

I can also see where some people would have trouble with the new update, if skills are more interesting. I see lots of groups and players run around barely using their skills or even knowing what those skills are. It's a little bit less in Ao3, but just barely. You can still find birds that don't break armor, scream, etc., and bears that can barely stun. So an update that puts a greater emphasis on skills to defeat mobs would be difficult for that type of player.

vulgarstrike
11-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Keeper is only hard if you can't get shield down. 2 birdies 1 tank 1 enchantress never killed anyone. well, except the keeper.

ArrowofLegend
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
No bird? ...

Mage can out dmg bird now dude, go try it...

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
I did. I was Mage for keeper and I unintentionally kept getting Aggro and had to run or die.

Datecrepe
11-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Keeper has always been a slow fight, but sister mary francis, it took almost 30mins of straight fighting. We had no deaths, 3 birds, 1 mage, and me. That is torturiously too long.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
My thought on the Keeper, is he needs to compromise. He has:
1) A shield that blocks all shots and can not be taken down like the OL's.
2) A force push.
3) Heavy damage that one shots.
I think he should have to pick two out of the three and loose the other.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
My thought on the Keeper, is he needs to compromise. He has:
1) A shield that blocks all shots and can not be taken down like the OL's.
2) A force push.
3) Heavy damage that one shots.
I think he should have to pick two out of the three and loose the other.

Lol I like that you're giving HIM the choice ;)

Riccits
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
with the right team keeper seems a simple mob now ;)

Arterra
11-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Btw I think birds drop less armor total than before... I am :/

Pharcyde
11-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Keeper is incredibly easy now with update! Before the update you could kill keeper in 5 minutes with the right party, WITHOUT Exilrs as well. Its called using combo's to get large debuffs. Using terror and weaken combo to increase his debuff even greater.
Then buffing the party. After that use high damage combos like roots and lightning. Frost, snow, and stomp. Then have 2 Birdies blast the hell out of him with a sunblessed bow or mega blaster. Do all these things you can kill him 5 minutes easily.

Riccits
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
most important is the first attack before he has no shield. with good teams u can kill him before he puts first shild up. when its going not so good, it should be almost death then...
more MBs u have in => faster he dies

Arterra
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
most important is the first attack before he has no shield. with good teams u can kill him before he puts first shild up. when its going not so good, it should be almost death then...
more MBs u have in => faster he dies

well it does not mean certain death... just a long wait before he drops it again, and quite a few pots.
we need a way to drop them... maybe 3-5 successive combos? something!

Dr.R
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
We knocked out keeper with 4 birds 1 paladin before shield comes out. the trick is to make armor low and use more combos. but after the shield goes up... POOF . die

solinar
11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
If you can survive for two hours vs a boss, perhaps the boss isn't lethal enough.

Arterra
11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
If you can survive for two hours vs a boss, perhaps the boss isn't lethal enough.

Lol first post and already owing with sense.

I have been seeing many mini-me's for older forum users, I predict a Royce right here.

Pharcyde
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Lol first post and already owing with sense.

I have been seeing many mini-me's for older forum users, I predict a Royce right here.

Lol that was pretty good :D. I'm gonna quote that in my sig.

RedRyder
11-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Lol that was pretty good :D. I'm gonna quote that in my sig.

I as well ;)

Rusalio
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Lmao off on this whole thread!!!! Anyone that takes longer than 10 minutes(being generous here) should re-evaluate who they are playing with.... I've ran with mixed levels not armored up with the best and it's never EVER taken that long. Yes it took a bit. I even volunteer to take aggro.... Love agrro btw.....

I personally like a hard boss, just wish the drops from these sorts were more rewarding than the fight. Purps and greens.....ugggggggg

I see no need to change the boss kill stats. Change the drop types