PDA

View Full Version : The problem with low spawn rates...

Sokpuppet
12-12-2013, 04:58 PM
After reading Sam's post in the announcements forum (link below) I completely understand the need to keep the rate of portals spawning a little bit low. But I definitely feel like it should be a little higher than it is currently. I have guild mates that farmed for hours today between Southern Seas and Jurn Woods and barely got anything. At this rate, the items for sale via winter tokens are going to be incredibly hard to get for casual players. (unless of course they spend plat, which the devs said they wanted to make sure was not mandatory with this content) I think the issue is that once the rate falls below a certain point, players get tired of farming for portals and give up. After the drought I've had the last couple hours I really don't blame them. Like I said, I see the need to keep the spawn rate low considering the length of the event. But I think the lower the spawn rate goes, the rate of people farming for them drops exponentially. Imagine if this was a year long event that only spawned portals a tiny percent of the time. I don't think that it would be justifiable to say "well portals are so infrequent because the long length of the event." I really don't think the spawn rate is far from what it should be, but I certainly think it should be a little bit higher. There may be people that disagree, but everyone I've spoken to is either frustrated or has already given up farming and is hoping guildmates are out there farming and they can get invites.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?128446-Regarding-Rift-Spawn-Rates

EDIT: By the way, the first couple of days when people were using infinite portals, was by far the most fun I've had since I began playing Arcane Legends. I'm not saying it should return to that, but higher portal spawns = happier players = more players playing for longer amounts of time

BodMaster
12-12-2013, 05:04 PM
A link to the official discussion thread was below the post buddy;

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?128445-Official-Feedback-Regarding-Rift-Spawn-Rates&p=1374838#post1374838