PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for the starter plat.

Fauksuras
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Hi.

When you make a new character you get a couple of plat coins for leveling up, I might be wrong but I think its 7 or so.

Lately I've noticed a lot of topics about the difficulty of getting rich and good items without spending plat.

Somebody in one of this posts told his story about how he made his money farming elite which I think is a good option (although the variation of pinks, which only some have value, added to green drops can make it difficult sometimes). Thing is (and I've seen this a few times when running in pugs) some new players, and I mean new in every sense of the word, make really bad builds and spend that plat in stupid stuff like hair edits or revives in easy maps.

What I'm thinking is many players could use a respec to be able to make a good universal(or elite based) build to be competitive or good options for a farm party.

For example if a rogue were to invest in SSS because it looks cool well sorry to say this but that character just took a huge blow, or a warrior who doesn't invest in the two second invulnerability of HOR or taunt abilities (I've met a few)

So my idea, how about we take this plat away and simply give new characters one or two free respecs on the house?

That way when they reach a certain level and they notice how they are lacking (or are told) they can at least get THAT taken care of.

I know you're thinking "free offers", but keep in mind some parts of the world have none available.

Just an idea

iiirootzz
12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I actually agree it's a cool concept.. How it would be implemented is another story.