PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell the difference of Tarlok or 'normal' gemmed items in CS?

Frohnatur
12-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Maybe I just haven't found an item yet... But I wonder how we can tell those items apart in consigment store... I hope not just by stats preview :/

Abaskiiaf
12-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Maybe I just haven't found an item yet... But I wonder how we can tell those items apart in consigment store... I hope not just by stats preview :/

I believe that's the only way atm. Knowing sts tho it might certainly change.

Instanthumor
12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Yep, just with the start previews :p

Frohnatur
12-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Baahhh, that makes it so confusing for buyers... Its already a mess (think cobalt and night ocean rings).

Sdbigdaddy
12-13-2013, 12:51 AM
What's so good about Tarlok's gems? do you get extra +'s? or do you get an extra chance for an exceptional? 1 tarlok's wisdom gem costs 19k in gold. 1 blood gem costs 6k. what do you get for the extra $ you spend?
Thanks in advance!

Sceazikua
12-13-2013, 01:01 AM
tarlok gems : 2 stat and 2 stat, which is 4 stat in total. doubled in exceptional which is 8
normal : 3 stat in total.

Instanthumor
12-13-2013, 01:01 AM
I think they should categorize the three different rings and amulets (str, dex, and int) and warriors, for example, can only view dex and int (as the main stat) rings and amulet if they click the usable button... If you know what I'm saying. It would make life so much easier :p

nukedwolf
12-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Each gem is named differently if you open up the detailed description of an item it will say blood, fire, glacial, wind, rage, or wisdom in the slot detail you just need to click the little blue circle with the exclamation point.

Rare
12-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Tap on the gear icon in the display where it shows the stats

Frohnatur
12-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Each gem is named differently if you open up the detailed description of an item it will say blood, fire, glacial, wind, rage, or wisdom in the slot detail you just need to click the little blue circle with the exclamation point.

Tap on the gear icon in the display where it shows the stats

thank you. Thats what i was looking for. Still a little intricate though, but itll work i think. I wish they would have made the information more accessible, through color e.g.: wisdom gem half blue, half yellow

nukedwolf
12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
The tarlok gems have a swirl in them its kinda hard to see but it is there. Id still check before purchasing though to insure you know what your buying.

Frohnatur
12-14-2013, 12:07 AM
The tarlok gems have a swirl in them its kinda hard to see but it is there. Id still check before purchasing though to insure you know what your buying.

well, I'll look out for that swirl... but as a graphic designer myself, I'd have chosen a more clear difference. Its not that hard to accomplish.

Frekken
12-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Hey anybody have bought the recipes?how that works?

Spyce
12-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, the preview window is the only way..

Frohnatur
12-14-2013, 12:37 AM
frekken, it more or less the same way you craft normal gems. The difference is that it takes 6 primary and 4 secondary essences instead of just ten essences of primary stat. At the end you'll have one more statpoint because you get an additional for the secondary stat. How much that does to the overall stats of you char I cant tell yet. I dont think its a big difference. But I think when you change all your normal gems to Winter gems, you should see quite a difference overall.

Haligali
12-14-2013, 04:27 AM
These are twink gems, dont socket into end game gear, it just cut the stats into 2 piece.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 4-el

Z
12-14-2013, 01:42 PM
tarlok gems : 2 stat and 2 stat, which is 4 stat in total. doubled in exceptional which is 8
normal : 3 stat in total.

This is wrong^
Its starts out 2 and 2 for normal and if it becomes exceptional its 4 and 2 for example the wisdom starts as 2int and 2str if you manage to make it a grand stone it turns into 4 int and 2 str

Frohnatur
12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
These are twink gems, dont socket into end game gear, it just cut the stats into 2 piece.

yeah... but whats wrong with that? The bonus dmg stat balances this out (so far i have two in my gear overall). my dmg for instance doesnt change with a wisdom gem, because the bonus puts the lacking stat point in int back. But my health goes up. This is better than before. The only thing I can see is, that it is pretty useless farming for super-wisdom-gems, since they still sell pretty well compared to normalo gems. If the prices go down to normal gems (and that will only happen if they will not be discontinued), then I would think about farming them for super-gems.

My strategy so far: replacing every normalo gem that I do not upgrade to super-gems with a wisdom gem. If they will be discontinued, I have some extra health. And maybe a decision maker at selling. I leave one normalo gem in every item for farming normalo to super gems. If I have 2 super gems and 1 wisdom gem in an item, I think it over again.

Oh, and one question: why do you think these are twink gems? Could you explain that a little more? Thx in advance :)

Haligali
12-15-2013, 05:44 AM
yeah... but whats wrong with that? The bonus dmg stat balances this out (so far i have two in my gear overall). my dmg for instance doesnt change with a wisdom gem, because the bonus puts the lacking stat point in int back. But my health goes up. This is better than before. The only thing I can see is, that it is pretty useless farming for super-wisdom-gems, since they still sell pretty well compared to normalo gems. If the prices go down to normal gems (and that will only happen if they will not be discontinued), then I would think about farming them for super-gems.

My strategy so far: replacing every normalo gem that I do not upgrade to super-gems with a wisdom gem. If they will be discontinued, I have some extra health. And maybe a decision maker at selling. I leave one normalo gem in every item for farming normalo to super gems. If I have 2 super gems and 1 wisdom gem in an item, I think it over again.

Oh, and one question: why do you think these are twink gems? Could you explain that a little more? Thx in advance :)

If you replace all your glacial gem with wisdom gem on a lvl36 full mythic, then its - 15 int and +15 str if all normal gems. You will loose damage. And btw you can do this anytime with a respec and put 15 point on str instead of full int.

Frohnatur
12-16-2013, 02:16 AM
If you replace all your glacial gem with wisdom gem on a lvl36 full mythic, then its - 15 int and +15 str if all normal gems. You will loose damage. And btw you can do this anytime with a respec and put 15 point on str instead of full int.

Theres a lack of logic in that. A normal gem gives me +3 stat points. A tarlok gem gives me a total of 4. From what I can tell it takes a little from my damage (like, 505.7 down to 505.0 with to replaced normalo gems with wisdom gems) but gives me much more on the other hand (+130 health for additional two str points).

I think the developers had something in mind when they created those gems. I dont think it was to give us gems that actually worsen our stats overall.

But I share one point of view with you. For twink levels, like 21, those gems are even better, because they dont take away your primary stat, instead they just add 1 to your secondary. For instance: 2 Dex, replaced with Wind Gem gives you 2 Dex and 1 Int.

Of course this is the best deal you can get out of those tarlok gems.

Haligali
12-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Theres a lack of logic in that. A normal gem gives me +3 stat points. A tarlok gem gives me a total of 4. From what I can tell it takes a little from my damage (like, 505.7 down to 505.0 with to replaced normalo gems with wisdom gems) but gives me much more on the other hand (+130 health for additional two str points).

I think the developers had something in mind when they created those gems. I dont think it was to give us gems that actually worsen our stats overall.

But I share one point of view with you. For twink levels, like 21, those gems are even better, because they dont take away your primary stat, instead they just add 1 to your secondary. For instance: 2 Dex, replaced with Wind Gem gives you 2 Dex and 1 Int.

Of course this is the best deal you can get out of those tarlok gems.

Hm, i didnt noticed yet, that it gives 4 at lvl25-31, on a lvl36 item its 3 total, same as original gems. Weird.

Frohnatur
12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
No, I said for at my level (36). e.g. 2 int, 2 dex.

At twink level 27 e.g. its 2 str, 1 dex. That is, compared to a normal gem (2 dex) no downsizing at the primary level, but still adding the additional. As for downsizing at level 36, but getting 2 additional ones (also not bad).

In any case, Those Tarlok gems give you bottomline more statpoints. While they may take away a little at level 36 at the primary stat, they give a lot on the secondary.

I think thats a good deal. I will replace all my remaining ordinary gems with those tarlok gems as I craft them (not much though, lol, I have a lot Grand gems already sitting in my gear).

Sage south
12-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Tap the icon of the gear or weapon. It will show you the full stats if cut off and the gems attached to it.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Haligali
12-18-2013, 04:40 AM
No, I said for at my level (36). e.g. 2 int, 2 dex.

At twink level 27 e.g. its 2 str, 1 dex. That is, compared to a normal gem (2 dex) no downsizing at the primary level, but still adding the additional. As for downsizing at level 36, but getting 2 additional ones (also not bad).

In any case, Those Tarlok gems give you bottomline more statpoints. While they may take away a little at level 36 at the primary stat, they give a lot on the secondary.

I think thats a good deal. I will replace all my remaining ordinary gems with those tarlok gems as I craft them (not much though, lol, I have a lot Grand gems already sitting in my gear).

If you go for grand gem, i do not recommend to socket into a lvl36 item.

Check this, i just made it: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?129359-Guide-Tarlok-Gems-additional-stats

nelson131
12-22-2013, 05:09 AM
LoL it is 3main1sub. For instance 3dex1int.
So u get a extra poin of int.