PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or did STS change the sound of music and effects??

Frohnatur
12-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Maybe it's because I'm a musician... But I hear a big difference in sound since the event update. It sounds more canny (wich is bad, has been bad before too). But on the same hand I hear more high frequences (wich is good). Overall it tends to give me a little headache.

Did anyone notice that (the sound change, not my headache, mind you)?

Spyce
12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Who even listens to the game sounds?!
Most players, like me, like it silent when we play.

Abaskiiaf
12-13-2013, 12:18 AM

I'm one of those players haha

Maybe it's because I'm a musician... But I hear a big difference in sound since the event update. It sounds more canny (wich is bad, has been bad before too). But on the same hand I hear more high frequences (wich is good). Overall it tends to give me a little headache.

I have heard a difference. There is also a difference in certain skills used by rogue and war. Don't know about mage tho lol. I usually don't pay attention tho. Music is never on.

Frohnatur
12-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Well... thanks. But my question goes out to STS and the players who actually do play with sound and music on (like me).

vogel
12-13-2013, 02:55 AM
I thought the same thing last night, also it seems they fixed the sound bug on android.

Hinataa
12-13-2013, 05:02 AM
YES OMG YES it hurts my ears!

bhutkeyur
12-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Yes they did - and its annoying sound.
Music at start. Some of the class skill - like "charge skill"

This two I noticed. I hope they back to old sound.

Xenobiotic
12-13-2013, 09:38 AM

Silent? I listen to silence...

Chiazihu
12-13-2013, 09:39 AM

Yeah,Me to.Im using computer,and when the rouges charging,the sound is terrible.My brother said,
this is not STS fault,its your coz u broke the speaker,let me have a look...and then,he log out and play his acc..That
was annoying..But im sure that the sound is not like usual after the update..

wvhills
12-13-2013, 09:59 AM
i play with the sound off. When i used to pvp i'd have the sound on because u can hear people charging their skills before u can see them sometimes. Plus I just bought a record player and have started listening to old blues and jazz records while playing. I'm old school G. :)

Milan Lame Man
12-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I have noticed a "steel clap" was added to dropping Sorcerer's clock. Pretty annoying too.
For some reason, I had this sound associated with Valkin.

Lojack
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Other than correcting some bad links to samples, nothing has changed in the audio.

Morholt
12-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Other than correcting some bad links to samples, nothing has changed in the audio.Positive? I've been hearing some "clanging" sounds a lot. I thought it was an added effect of winter in Arlor, with everything thing being more solid & icy.

Of course, I've always been the first to question my sanity. :P

On the topic of changes: is it me, or are the giant blue glacian-like guys in Nordr a darker blue?

bhutkeyur
12-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Positive? I've been hearing some "clanging" sounds a lot. I thought it was an added effect of winter in Arlor, with everything thing being more solid & icy.

Of course, I've always been the first to question my sanity. :P

On the topic of changes: is it me, or are the giant blue glacian-like guys in Nordr a darker blue?

It darker blue now

Extreme
12-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Good find lol.

Konviict
12-13-2013, 08:08 PM
i play with the sound off. When i used to pvp i'd have the sound on because u can hear people charging their skills before u can see them sometimes. Plus I just bought a record player and have started listening to old blues and jazz records while playing. I'm old school G. :)

Lol @ "G" hahaha

Frohnatur
12-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Other than correcting some bad links to samples, nothing has changed in the audio.

Then you have an issue that you might want to investigate.

The sound has definitly changed. The sound of the MUSIC has changed. There are more high frequencies and the mids are very compressed. Those things happen usually when you play around with the compression rate of your mp3, avv files, whatever you are using. So maybe after fixing some links, some dev exported or changed or what ever those settings. I have no idea, I'm no dev.

But I have ears, good ears. And the new sound is not benefitting the enjoyment of the game. It occasionally hurts (physically) my ears. And I bet a lot of those players (who actually have sound turned on) too.

I'm not whining, just remarking. If there is a chance to fix this I surely would be more than happy, because so far I was very happy with the sounds and samples.

becky_xil
12-14-2013, 04:12 AM
The winter minions spawn bgm so annoying. Sounds like locked drops.. haha but yes.. the bgm is different then before

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Puntus
12-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Yes the audio changed , also when u charge skill sounds like a bell, thats why I thougt its a xmas ambientation.

Rot
12-14-2013, 06:42 AM
sometimes in the dead of the night, as i cover myself with a blanket cold as ice, the music of arcane legends starts ringing in my head..

it's so catchy doe

Xenobiotic
12-14-2013, 02:33 PM
I swear I can hear a goblin cackle every here and there..

bhutkeyur
12-15-2013, 06:34 AM
The winter minions spawn bgm so annoying. Sounds like locked drops.. haha but yes.. the bgm is different then before

This is also annoying. I play game with sound and this minion slowing me down bcoz I think locked is dropped.

becky_xil
12-15-2013, 06:37 AM
This is also annoying. I play game with sound and this minion slowing me down bcoz I think locked is dropped.

I feel u