PDA

View Full Version : To all the people now quiting.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Money where your mouth is, GIVE ME YOUR STUFF, then quit, I'm sick to death of it, sweet baby jesus you would swear some players think the game world revolves around them.

So kaithxbaibai, or harden the f up.

:)

Arterra
11-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Lol love u Jon. I'll take half the profit.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Deal mate. :)

KingFu
11-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Lol, I love Jon too;) even though my wording is a lot less harsh:)

Arterra
11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Lol, I love Jon too;) even though my wording is a lot less harsh:)

Good cop bad cop ftw. I'll be the secretary that takes the court fees.

KingFu
11-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Good cop bad cop ftw. I'll be the secretary that takes the court fees.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/DarkNightmareOfSouls/Funny%20MacroPics/funny-dog-pictures-bad-cop-good-cop.jpg

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Well it was just driving me crazy, if I was a dev I'd be punching a wall or organizing a team paintball afternoon for stress relief.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Lol funnee pictiurse...

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Picture is good.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Noticed I don't get to be a wolf...

jonboy
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
That's ok you get to skim the profits. :)

vulgarstrike
11-18-2010, 08:50 AM
psh..
quiters

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Ohmygod, ohmygod... My level 2 wand has been nerfed. I am quitting right now... just let me get to level 3 first.

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 10:04 AM
"I am done with this game. I've spent way too much. I'm so important that me saying I'm quitting shakes the whole community."

*few hours later*

"I think I'll log back in now. I seem to miss it. Nobody cared I quit. K I'll play again..."

addiekai
11-18-2010, 10:05 AM
One question though.

Why would anyone give you their stuff?

It's people's hard earned money.

Different people have their own views. If they want to quit, that's their problem, not yours.

I don't think this thread is even necessary.

KingFu
11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
One question though.

Why would anyone give you their stuff?

It's people's hard earned money.

Different people have their own views. If they want to quit, that's their problem, not yours.

I don't think this thread is even necessary.

1) it was a joke

2) I don't think you post was necessary. Ya, how does that feel? O.o

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 10:11 AM
"i think quiters are bad cus thinking that makes 12 year old kids like me look cool and mature lololol"

*few hours later*

"omg this guy found out im a retarded kid and i have no life i go kill my self now"

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL, i love you man, jon. you're awesome. Arterra you're rich enough, i need some profit! And addiekai, whats the use of keeping stuff u wont need?

Ellyidol
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
"i think quiters are bad cus thinking that makes 12 year old kids like me look cool and mature lololol"

*few hours later*

"omg this guy found out im a retarded kid and i have no life i go kill my self now"

Yes, quitters have a much higher status in life, both in game and not.

PS. I don't need others to judge or think of me in any difference because of how I think of quitters. Stay or not, do what you will. Just don't expect much sympathy when you do go. And btw, nice lay out, must have been hard to come up with one.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
LOL, i love you man, jon. you're awesome. Arterra you're rich enough, i need some profit! And addiekai, whats the use of keeping stuff u wont need?

If by rich you mean I didn't have enough money to post stuff on CS shop yesterday, you must be like in debt.

addiekai
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
1) it was a joke

2) I don't think you post was necessary. Ya, how does that feel? O.o

Well, I posted.

Deal with it.

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Yes, quitters have a much higher status in life, both in game and not.

PS. I don't need others to judge or think of me in any difference because of how I think of quitters. Stay or not, do what you will. Just don't expect much sympathy when you do go. And btw, nice lay out, must have been hard to come up with one.

Well so your opinion is that people like me who quit, quit to get attention?
Since you think that "I do not need others to judge me..." is a valid argument, I'll just say that I do not quit to get attention.

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Nvm this post, had a system bug.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, I posted.

Deal with it.

GRABLETRASHPOSTED here heh it has started.

CanonicalKoi
11-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry, I know how Jonboy feels about Photoshop and I couldn't resist:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/goodbye.gif

Arterra
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Canocal that's not the beat example let me try it... Although today I'm pretty busy.

CanonicalKoi
11-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey, c'mon! The Immortal Sarah?!?? How can you beat that? :D (eagerly awaits Arterra's entry)

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Well so your opinion is that people like me who quit, quit to get attention?

Speaking only for myself, I think people who make a big noise about quitting do so to draw attention to their concerns. I have had to take a few breaks now and then from playing because it's just a lot of stress for an old guy.

One time when I took a break that lasted four whole days, I did so with a lengthy explanation of why skills should have more value and items less.

So yes, I am very sure that people throw "I am quitting" onto their opinions because they think that will make the devs regret ever touching their precious items.

The items were too powerful. It was some kind of error. Once a GM (in terms of tabletop games) has to throw the gods at the players for them to feel a challenge, the concept of apotheosis (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apotheosis)arises, and there is only one answer for that one... game over. As I said elsewhere, the void, rift, and cosmos items gave 30+ points more armor than the other level 50 items. If you look at the progression of armor in the game, that is about ten levels of improvement. They are like level 60 items, and they devalued ALL the other level 50 items.

I, and others, having been begging for this for a while. Believe me, this is a good thing, and there needs to be more of it. It's one thing to get a Frozen Nightmare pink that totally gives your character invincibility in Lost Expedition and even in Swamps because those are not the capped level, but to do that same thing at the level cap just makes the normal drops seem like garbage. If all the players ever get is garbage, they won't be motivated.

It should not be about giving people things to make the game easier, it should be about giving the players challenges to make the game interesting.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey, c'mon! The Immortal Sarah?!?? How can you beat that? :D (eagerly awaits Arterra's entry)

I just mean will use moreediting, might not be so "deep..."

Clockcycle
11-18-2010, 02:53 PM
It should not be about giving people things to make the game easier, it should be about giving the players challenges to make the game interesting.

+1 well said, instant gratification only ends up as being less interesting. Challenge is what makes it addicting and fun to play, a virtual accomplishment per say.. your mind causes you to release feel good hormones... lol

No more reaching level 50 in 3 days.... EQ took 1 year to reach 50... haha

-CC

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Bump...Bump...Bump...

I won't pretend to beg, but am willing to recieve any charity items. I run with a number of OLDER players that are limited on play time. Any funds, items such as pots or equipment of worth are beneficial as I give items to team members if I have extras other than what I am equipped with. This keeps us oldies playing...

The update didn't help here....

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Russ, how do you feel now that the equipment is all Topsy turvey?

jonboy
11-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Ahh, good stuff, though reading replies in a quiet doctor waiting room not a good idea, going HA HA LOL in loud voice scares the elderly :)

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Do NOT like them, however I didn't do a couple runs later that evening with each of my toons, other than gulp a few hundred pots down and slow attack responses, it they were ok runs. I was the highest level as most were 47 - 49's. Didn't find overlords that hard, but then again it depends on who's running with you. I did find myself dumping an average of 6k or better during the game. Kinda of annoying.

Rusalio
11-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Ahh, good stuff, though reading replies in a quiet doctor waiting room not a good idea, going HA HA LOL in loud voice scares the elderly :)

HAHAHAHAH JB... funny and I bet draws some glances.....

Arterra
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
ok here it is... Arterra's mastery of editing, here to show his feeling for quitters

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/tinyviolin.jpg

i play my tiny violin to you all

CanonicalKoi
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I think it's a combo, "Listen! I play my tiny, tiny violin in sympathy." and, "I crush your head!". Bravo in any case.