PDA

View Full Version : Question with a mixed PvP & PvE build

otb
12-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Hello everyone, I'm a mage who plays both pvp and pve, so i need a versatile build. I just recently respecced to this build:

4/5 fireball (except Scorch)
4/5 lightning (except Electrical Discharge)
4/5 frost bolt (except Arctic Shatter)
4/5 arcane shield (except Displacement Wave)
2/5 life giver (with Empower)

5/5 Int, Str, Agi passives
2/5 Damage passive

I play it this way,

PvE:
I select fireball, ice, heal, shield for the mobs. Then switch to fireball, ice, lightning, shield when I get to the boss (I just tell the party to use pots because im squishy, and its a risk for me going near bosses; i stay as far as possible). I use ethyl, colton, malison, or orion as pets

PvP:
For 1on1 and occasional encounters while flagging, I use fireball, lightning, ice, shield and clyde (stun lock build)
Then for 5on5 rumbles, I replace ice with heal.

Question here is the 2/5 damage. Am I really losing that much damage by not maxing out passive damage? Will I perform better if I just stick to the traditional 4 active skill builds and max out the damage?

Also, how does that passive damage even work? It doesn't seem to affect my stats? (I haven't been paying attention to the damage i deal on opponents sorry)

Robhawk
12-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Also, how does that passive damage even work? It doesn't seem to affect my stats? (I haven't been paying attention to the damage i deal on opponents sorry)

This is a known bug for month or even years! STS cant fix it... You add passive for dmg but you wont see it on your stats-page

If the damage in your stats-page is f.e. 400 and you have 2 points in passive damage: 400 + 2% = 408 dmg.

400 + 5% passive = 420 dmg
400 + 2% passive + 10% from Colton = 448dmg
400 + 5% passive + 10% from Colton = 460dmg