PDA

View Full Version : Scimitar's are surprisingly good

SlipperyJim
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Fully buffed with Rage & Iron Blood:
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/SlipperyJimDiGriz/Pocket%20Legends/2c928e16.jpg
I had been using my Spike-Axe of Legend, but the level 30 scimitar from the store has higher DPS. Go figure! I guess I'll stick with the scimitar for a while....

pyro
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I've heard the highest DPS weapon for a warrior is a two handed green sword, an Elven Blade of Darkness or something like that. Can anyone confirm? By the time my warrior is level 30 though I bet the swamps will be out and thus new higher tier weapons to farm for.

Hurs
05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
While the scimitar does have a higher DPS number, it's damage range is much lower than that of an axe.

Rannos
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM
While the scimitar does have a higher DPS number, it's damage range is much lower than that of an axe.

But the scimitar hits more often, hence, Damage Per Second

Distinct
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
That picture is buffed with Rage incase you did not notice the crit rate.
What is your unbuffed DPS ? 50 ? 60 ?

Azrael
05-09-2010, 08:21 AM
But the scimitar hits more often, hence, Damage Per Second

However the damage per second calculation doesn't take the extra free swings from slashes into consideration, which are more helpful the more damage your weapon has. It also does not include crit.

Hraefn
05-09-2010, 10:50 AM
However the damage per second calculation doesn't take the extra free swings from slashes into consideration, which are more helpful the more damage your weapon has. It also does not include crit.

I understand the argument about the free swings from slashes but wouldn't a faster weapon also have more chances to crit, even though it does less damage per crit?

SlipperyJim
05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
That picture is buffed with Rage incase you did not notice the crit rate.
What is your unbuffed DPS ? 50 ? 60 ?
I mentioned that I was fully buffed. Both Rage & Iron Blood.

Anyway, I sold my scimitar because I was bored with it. Now I'm using the Frosty Hatchet of Ahnold. The DPS is a little lower, but I just like the axe better. And the chance of freezing mobs is rather handy for keeping badguys away from the elves & chickens....

volrath
05-12-2010, 10:46 AM

ill be keeping my ax for sure