PDA

View Full Version : Laptop/PC Client?

Lewis Fielder
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I think this could be a very good idea, play and home and when on the go! Not sure if this has been brought up before but i think its a very good topic.

Regards,

Razion - Lewis

Zeya
05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
The reason I like this game is because its mobile. Everything is simplified (in the right places) for play on a mobile device. If it was playable on a PC, it would be a different experience and come off as a sub-par MMO for that platform. Either that or the PC players would have an advantage (key bindings etc). It's a good sentiment, but it would be a bad thing for this game.

pyro
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
The reason I like this game is because its mobile. Everything is simplified (in the right places) for play on a mobile device. If it was playable on a PC, it would be a different experience and come off as a sub-par MMO for that platform. Either that or the PC players would have an advantage (key bindings etc). It's a good sentiment, but it would be a bad thing for this game.

Maybe. But on the other hand, what if I posit that the greatest potential about this MMO (I use that term lightly) is the ability to log in and play from anywhere, any device? If you think about it that way, a Mac/PC client might make sense, or even a browser version. But I agree that other platforms are the least of the dev's concerns right now, they should be focusing on improving the game / adding content, as they are right now.

Vigilant
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, a PC client would take forever to make probably and + with this game only maxing out of 1000 users per day if not less there's not point.

Until this game gets really big they need to focus on making the mobile version better.

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
The iPad is the PC/desktop version of this game!!

Obliteration
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Mobile all the way, it makes the game better...
Sadly with a PC release would be bots....
Possibly hacks and other BS.

Vigilant
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Mobile all the way, it makes the game better...
Sadly with a PC release would be bots....
Possibly hacks and other BS.

Botting = Yes
Hacks = No

You could "hack" with iFile, but since all the important [censored] is stored Server Sided, nothing really can be "hacked"

haroldiv
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM
can u run this game inside an iphone or ipad emulator? i dont know if that would work but would be cool.

Odvar
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Good thought must try this

flaimdude
05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
can u run this game inside an iphone or ipad emulator? i dont know if that would work but would be cool.
Good luck running and and moving the camera at the same time. :)

And I agree, PL is amazing BECAUSE it's a mobile game. Actually, the first mobile game of it's kind for the iPhone.

Obliteration
05-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Botting = Yes
Hacks = No

You could "hack" with iFile, but since all the important [censored] is stored Server Sided, nothing really can be "hacked"
PCs are completely different. IPhones don't have "programs" used for cheating.
You can do alot more with a PC. Lol editing client side files isn't hacking anyway.
Trust me my friend a PC's violence is limitless.
Kids hacked predator drones with a PC.... Roflmao.

Temporary
05-05-2010, 03:51 AM
I seriously hope Spacetime Studio do not release a desktop version of Pocket Legends.

If you take a look at their press documents in the link below, you will find that the organization evolves around mobile devices. It is their belief and their faith which I hope that they will follow strictly.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?128-Press-Kit

Splurd
05-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Botting = Yes
Hacks = No

God knows why samhayne edited your post but I must correct you, hacking is much easier on the PC when you have tools which can view and modify both your client software, your memory, and your packets of internet.

The versatility of the PC means people can do more malicious things