PDA

View Full Version : 'pure' or split stats after rebalance?

wolfestone
11-18-2010, 08:09 AM
I previously had about 2/3 int, 1/3 strength on my mage. Now after the patch, I've been playing with the free respecs and seeing how little it seems to affect health by dumping ~50 points into strength.

I've tried to test this out myself by running the first part of plasma pyramid solo both specced all int, and a mix of int/str. but I haven't really been able to figure out much difference.

I'm leaning towards going all int for the extra mana pool now that the ability cooldowns are reduced.

Is this a good plan or am I missing something? I usually play in a group and I want to at least slightly mitigate the amount of potions I have to use. I want to keep using the mage gear (int/staff/wand etc.)

thanks for any suggestions.

jonboy
11-18-2010, 08:14 AM
If you like a bit if damage, toss a bit into dex to get your hit at 100%

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 08:16 AM
If you like a bit if damage, toss a bit into dex to get your hit at 100%

Does that still work with the new patch?

Akaee
11-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Play my chars all pure before and after patch and all worked/works fine.

Arterra
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
100 % onl seems possible at max dex

xera
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
100 % onl seems possible at max dex
bs.
I have int/dex.
My stats (cosmos with wand + eye):
102 hit
16 crit
78 dps
80 armor
14 health regen
16 mana regen

my mage is stronger than ever before

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
bs.
I have int/dex.
My stats (cosmos with wand + eye):
102 hit
16 crit
78 dps
80 armor
14 health regen
16 mana regen

my mage is stronger than ever before

Essentially what I am doing, the dex is still important to get up that hit percentage and to up the damage on your weapons which also ups the damage on you spells. Unlike before, int now does up skill damage more then dex, but dex is still extremely important unless you want to be spamming a bunch of missed spells. Key is still to go int to equipment and rest in dex. If you have the right equip and good lower items to work up, you can go let intelligence.

Balonia
11-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Essentially what I am doing, the dex is still important to get up that hit percentage and to up the damage on your weapons which also ups the damage on you spells. Unlike before, int now does up skill damage more then dex, but dex is still extremely important unless you want to be spamming a bunch of missed spells. Key is still to go int to equipment and rest in dex. If you have the right equip and good lower items to work up, you can go let intelligence.

Ditto that! Just ran through and I love my Mage now. But I struggled to keep the birds alive.

Akaee
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Or maybe its just like any other mmo that elemental attacks never mis? If i do spells i only see à lot of hurts around me only the autoattack with standard whatever your staff does misses sometimes. Mages needing Dex is bs in every mmo/ rpg i know.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Ditto that! Just ran through and I love my Mage now. But I struggled to keep the birds alive.

The heal output has not been adjusted to account for the new health increase / armor decrease. It has been mentioned to Cinco, and with with luck he will look into it.

SnowGoon
11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
so some say go int, othere says mix.. i dunno what to do lol..

i have put like 10 points to dex, and rest in in, im 24.. give me something i can work with lol :P

Inoya
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
The most important reason to put some points into dex was getting more hit, but with the latest update that seems to be really easy now because items have tons of +hit% on them.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, did int to equip then rest in dex and ended up with 113 hit on my 46. Might have some wiggle room.

SnowGoon
11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
the hit is in % right, so 113% is kinda stupid? now..?

i think ill just stick to my int only, i think i spend like 5 or 10 points to dex..

shadywack
11-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I've got 200 to int, one str, 55 to dex. I mixed it up several times but keeping my mana pool at around 1/3rd to 1/2 remaining and using skills as my primary weapon cleaned out plasma pyramid in half the time my old dexmage build did it.

It's all int for me.

wolfestone
11-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys,

so when you're saying 'int to gear' does that simply mean put enough into int so you can equip all your gear?

I just tried this with the rest in dex, but I found I'm running out of mana faster. With nothing in dex, wearing all my gear my hit is exactly at 100%. It was at 105% when I put enough int to use my gear then the rest in dex.

Fyrce
11-20-2010, 08:20 AM
One of my guys is at hit 96%. Oh wait, he's a low level :)