PDA

View Full Version : mege blaster must be the most powerful weapon

hyking
11-18-2010, 08:38 AM
:mad:this update makes me mad,sunblessed bow is much better than megablaster now!!!king is much easier than ol,and the worst is even a mini boss drops sunbow!!!! if u called this balance,why don't u make king harder than ol?i pot every time if i gonna to kill ol not king!!!!!

Jsaieagle
11-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Mega got set bonus but sun bow doesn't. Why would you say sun bow is better?

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Jsa, if you have both, go take a look. Right now, bonus or no bonus, Sunblessed bow is better in every way.

I'll say it again, before destroying the economy with all their equipment changes, they should have done a beta test.

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Guys, think about it from a different point of view, Bears have so much Health now and Mages can sapm skills. You know what i think? We were so used to unbalance-ness that when it became balance, everyone thinks it chaos. At first, i thought the game was chaos too, but when i played longer, i realised it has been more equal. Well, i'll post my opinion on next thread.

hyking
11-18-2010, 10:12 AM
add aarea-damge to mega blaster is a good idea i think,balance ,not destroy

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:17 AM

The mega blaster is mega enough, dont need to make it O-mega.

area effects like those, ruin the game.

j46g629h
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I'll say it again, before destroying the economy with all their equipment changes, they should have done a beta test.

they have done the test, on us

Superzarop
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
@TheLaw
You think that this update made things balanced? Lets just look at this example of mega blaster and sunblessed bow. Bow got much higher damage and faster shooting. Even with megablasters set bonus bow is still much better. Now blaster drops only off ol, which requires either everyone to pot or to glitch him, and sunblessed bow drops off a easy boss like king and even from lorekeepers. How is this balanced?

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
they have done the test, on us

Sorry, but I never signed up to be a lab rat.

They should have created some lvl 50 characters, given them all the best equipment and let some players mess around with them and test them out. Once the beta is over and they've gotten it the way they want, those characters go poof and then they update the game AFTER people have tried it out. That way there wouldn't be change after change after change, causing the economy to go crazy after each patch. Because that's what's going to happen until people know what the end result will be.

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM

The mega blaster is mega enough, dont need to make it O-mega.

area effects like those, ruin the game.

TheLaw
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
@TheLaw
You think that this update made things balanced? Lets just look at this example of mega blaster and sunblessed bow. Bow got much higher damage and faster shooting. Even with megablasters set bonus bow is still much better. Now blaster drops only off ol, which requires either everyone to pot or to glitch him, and sunblessed bow drops off a easy boss like king and even from lorekeepers. How is this balanced?

That, i cant answer, sorry. But the game is more balanced compared to last time, skill based wise, price wise, etc. But i know that they want everyone to get to afford something they need. and also sta with the Devs, they're trying their best to put the game back together while improving it.

BeardedBear
11-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Excellent use of words here, I totally agree.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
In my opinion, the whole idea of "crap" items and "elite" items is flawed. Few can obtain "elite" items, yet each thinks he is entitled to them. Nobody wants the "crap" items, yet they are available to everyone and drop off minibosses. The result is that obsessed people with lots of time on their hands get elite gear and sell it for incredibly un-real prices. Everyone else comes to feel like second class citizens. What is their motivation to continue, and especially to spend plat? There is none. Eventually, they just find some game that does motivate and interest them. It's only natural.

The items you want un-nerfed were out of balance. I think they should not have been put into the game in the first place. As a GM in a tabletop game, I would only have myself to blame if I gave invincibility to the players.

And what about all the creative energy spent on developing those items that immediately became classified as "crap"? Some developer actually charged effort to a task for that and hopefully was paid for it. How do they recoup that pay if people just want what they can't have and stop playing after a few weeks? The donkey is not going to chase the carrot forever. If you never let him get it, he will stop wanting it.

Sunblessed Bow was one of the first desired items in AO3. The first one found sold for one million gp. Then people found the megablaster and the set bonuses, and it was clear that Sunblessed Bow was "crap" now. It should not be "crap". If an item gets the set bonus, as megablaster does, those numbers have to be included.

And then, finally, sci-fi and fantasy are different genres. Someone got chocolate in the peanut butter. Sci-fi has it's internal balance and fantasy has its internal balance, but they do not share the same balancing factors. Fantasy is mostly melee-based, with archery being the exception and all it takes is good armor to defend against it. Most fantasy damage is blunt trauma or laceration. Sci-fi is mostly ranged, with the occasional homage to "ancient weapons and hokie religions". Sci-fi damage runs the gamut of various beam effects, radiation, disintegration, chemical effects, biological weaponry, and so on, requiring a high level of tech, and primarily avoidance to defend.

Well, my point is, the megablaster was bad for the game to start with, and to make it so strong that it devalued every other weapon was a big mistake. Archers have skills that relate to bows. Anyone can shoot a gun. Once guns come into your game, you might as well throw everything else away. Archers should desire awesome bows. When that changes, they are no longer archers. So I say yes, emphatically, to nerfing the Megablaster and enhancing the Sunblessed Bow.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
But they did introduce those items, andmany people spent a lot of time and effort acquiring those items. How is it fair to make those items now worth the same as the more common ones just because the people who couldn't get the better one's complained?
I agree, somehibg should have been done to the "crap" lvl 50 pinks to make them more useful, but not at the expense of the rarer items that people worked their butts off to get.

And the sunbless bow was never crap -- before it had higher damage than the blaster but lower Dps. So there was still some benefit. But now the bow is better in every way than the blaster. How is that fair to all the people who worked hard to get one, using tank Elixers on Ol, etc. Now a silly lorekeeper drops the best weapon in the game. (I have both bow and blaster, so don't think that's why I'm complaining about it).

Again, they should have been able to tweak *some* weapons without messing up the whole equipment system.

They did say they're still working on balancing the equipment, so I'll give them a chance to fix what they did. But the way it stands now, it's a big mistake.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Two suggestions:
1) Add a lightning style proc to the Mega Blaster.
2) Have it do some splash damage.

Bludd
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Mini bossed dropped sunbow vefore the update. Ive gotten two sunbows as a matter of fact and both from minibosses.
No the mega blaster should not be better than a sunbow; mega blaster is part of a set. This makes both about even.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
If I spend 45 minutes carefully pointing out all the reasons why this is right, and all you can come back with is that Joe Blow charged you 450K for your megablaster, then I think you should examine your motives. You aren't seeking a better game, you just want the 450K you spent to be worthwhile. You should not have spent that gold. Nobody made you spend it. The farmers got theirs by rushing, which is cheating. If you paid a farmer that much gold for the result of their cheating, then that was your choice.

When the next campaign comes out it will be as useless as a Ryylox Blaster.

Plus, I thought you played MMOs a lot. Certainly this is not the first time you've seen a nerf.

What about the important points I made, about fantasy and sci-fi, about invincibility, about donkeys and carrots and player motivation. Let's just ignore all that. It's all about the fifteen people in the entire game with megablasters who got them by cheating or by paying a cheater an outrageous chunk of gp. Yes, by all means, this game should remain totally unbalanced because a few people participated in some dubious anti-game, anti-balanced activities... not!

Dip
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
If I spend 45 minutes carefully pointing out all the reasons why this is right, and all you can come back with is that Joe Blow charged you 450K for your megablaster, then I think you should examine your motives. You aren't seeking a better game, you just want the 450K you spent to be worthwhile. You should not have spent that gold. Nobody made you spend it. The farmers got theirs by rushing, which is cheating. If you paid a farmer that much gold for the result of their cheating, then that was your choice.

Plus, I thought you played MMOs a lot. Certainly this is not the first time you've seen a nerf

What about the important points I made, about fantasy and sci-fi, about invincibility, about donkeys and carrots and player motivation. Let's just ignore all that. It's all about the fifteen people in the entire game with megablasters who got them by cheating or by paying a cheater an outrageous chunk of gp. Yes, by all means, this game should remain totally unbalanced because a few people participated in some dubious anti-game, anti-balanced activities... not!

Wow snakespear...your answer is just screwed up..this is alien oasis trilogy of course there are alien stuffs.. And your attitude is...oh since I hv crap items...they need to nerf it so I feel better... So if i am ****... Everyone must be ****ty like me too...

Bull ****... Ppl who are creative in finding solutions in whatever they do are the successful ones...

So lance was awesome in ao2... Did they nerf it? No... Thoth and Isis items were crazy... Did they nerf it ? No..

Dip
11-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Plus, I thought you played MMOs a lot. Certainly this is not the first time you've seen a nerf

Wow snakespear...your answer is just screwed up..this is alien oasis trilogy of course there are alien stuffs.. And your attitude is...oh since I hv crap items...they need to nerf it so I feel better... So if i am ****... Everyone must be ****ty like me too...

Bull ****... Ppl who are creative in finding solutions in whatever they do are the successful ones...

So lance was awesome in ao2... Did they nerf it? No... Thoth and Isis items were crazy... Did they nerf it ? No..

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Excuse me, but if a game is built a certain way that allows you to play a certain way, that's not cheating. And I didn't pay anyone for it. I looted it myself. Most of my items I looted myself. But it took a lot of time. Now I should be punished for playing the game the way they designed it?

Answer me this. Honestly. How much Rift/cosmos/void do you have? And would you still hold the same opinion if you had more of it? Just because you only got fortune/fate/destiny items, they should be as good as the rarer items? Again, I agreed with you that those items needed to be tweaked, but not at the expense of the rift/void/cosmos. They could add different benefits to those items so people wouldn't be *as* desperate to get v/r/c.

And people still saying Sunblessed bow should better than mega blaster. Why? What's your reasoning? Just because megas were overpowered before means they should be completely useless now?

I ignored your whole scifi thing, bc I think it's irrelevant. They introduced guns into the game, so they're here. Completely destroying them is not the answer.

Lesrider
11-18-2010, 03:38 PM
They did nerf Thoth and isis now lol... I dint even know why Thoth exists now.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Excuse me, but if a game is built a certain way that allows you to play a certain way, that's not cheating. And I didn't pay anyone for it. I looted it myself. Most of my items I looted myself. But it took a lot of time. Now I should be punished for playing the game the way they designed it?

Answer me this. Honestly. How much Rift/cosmos/void do you have? And would you still hold the same opinion if you had more of it? Just because you only got fortune/fate/destiny items, they should be as good as the rarer items? Again, I agreed with you that those items needed to be tweaked, but not at the expense of the rift/void/cosmos. They could add different benefits to those items so people wouldn't be *as* desperate to get v/r/c.

And people still saying Sunblessed bow should better than mega blaster. Why? What's your reasoning? Just because megas were overpowered before means they should be completely useless now?

I ignored your whole scifi thing, bc I think it's irrelevant. They introduced guns into the game, so they're here. Completely destroying them is not the answer.

Irrelevant? LOL!!! Just dismiss something with one word. Works every time.

How about this then? If you buy a ticket from a scalper, you can't complain about the view to the management. The fact that you paid cash to the scaler is not the fault of the management. If you paid a rush farmer... who were cheaters whether you accept it or not... it was no different. The devs have the right to change drop rates, item stats, etc.

Again, you sound like you've never played an MMO before, but I could swear you said you've played all kinds of them over the years.

Your argument remains scurrilous. Nobody made you buy items from cheaters. You wanted an edge and you bought it with gold.

I love the fact that Void only gets you 3 more points of armor than whipcord! That is how it should be.

and... ok, I will count... 3 void, 5 rift, and 1 cosmos, and I will gladly watch them all get nerfed to the moon if that's what it takes to make this game more fun for EVERYONE, not just the cheaters and their customers.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Let me re-answer...

Rushing is cheating. You are new here. When you got here, the cheaters were winning, but some of us begged them to stop. Finally the devs, nerfed it. Amen. It was NOT how the game was intended.

Evidence:

1. Alien Oasis 1 was nerfed because of rushers many months ago.
2. Alien Oasis 2 was nerfed because of leechers many months ago.
3. Swamps was nerfed to make it easier, again, many months ago, because nobody was playing it.
4. Alien Oasis 3 was nerfed because of rushers just ast week.
5. Hidden Passage under Balefort was nerfed because of leechers months ago.
6. Haunted Mansion was nerfed last month because of rushers.

Yet you say rushing is not cheating. You say rushing is ok. You say the game was designed that way. But you are wrong.

The devs want to create a balanced and fun product. They have consistently nerfed all exploits, and they are right for doing so.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Hit %
5 Crit Hit%
2 H/s
3 M/s
10 Damage
5 Armor
Pretty Significant

juhnken773
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
I say, let's jss wait and see what happens.
Don't waste yur time arguing.
What happened, happened. Can't do nothing about it. Drama-free helps.
If yu don't like the end results, the doors that way.

Remember, yu can't quit PL. PL quits yu.

juhnken773
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
I say, let's jss wait and see what happens.
Don't waste yur time arguing.
What happened, happened. Can't do nothing about it. Drama-free helps.
If yu don't like the end results, the doors that way.

Remember, yu can't quit PL. PL quits yu.

Snakespeare
11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
As Cinco pointed out, this nerf was necessary because the alternative was to have no new items and to leave the level-cap at 50, not have any more levels.

I can add that in the early days a dev once let it slip that they had already plotted the levels to 100. Not sure who or when, but it's an oft-repeated rumor. We are only halfway there, and Cinco indcated that he needs to nerf it or they won't be able to develop more content.

What's more important, one "l33t" item, or being able to have future content?

Riccits
11-19-2010, 07:50 AM
blaster still rocks even bad stats! :D

CanonicalKoi
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM

Yes, yes you did. The moment you downloaded the game, you did.

From the STS homepage:
"In six months we had our first iteration ready to launch." Bolding added. A "first iteration" tells you it's not a finished product.

From the App Store game description:
"Regular content updates" the game isn't set in stone. Changes will be made.

Numerous times on this forum, the devs have stated that the game's a work in progress. So no, you really can't claim to have not "signed up to be a lab rat".

So some of the changes aren't to your liking. Not all of them are to my liking, but that's life. If they're deal-breakers, you leave. If not, you deal and move on. I leveled my Mage to 50 in spite of crap armor and constantly getting one-shot. When it got too annoying, I mothballed her and worked on my bear and then my bird. And, as you requested, I currently own exactly three pieces of special gear--a Plasma Axe of the Rift, a Sunblessed Bow of the Void and a Laser Wand of the Cosmos. All were drops and I defy you to find a single post of mine stating that armor/shield/weapon specs be changed to suit me. My only complaint, in the days of one-shot mages, was to either give us better armor or a longer-lasting mana shield.