PDA

View Full Version : Best WT build?

Spyce
12-14-2013, 08:22 PM
What's the best sorcerer WT build?

Instanthumor
12-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Fire and timeshift is a must. Then I use lifegiver (mostly because people complain about mages not giving mana) and frost (a personal preference). If survivability is am issue, then I would switch heal with shield and use pots instead. If you want, you can switch frost with gale or frost with light, again, it's a personal preference.

SpiritedAway
12-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I use fire, shield, lifegiver, and timeshift. Runs usually take 5-7 minutes.

Spyce
12-14-2013, 10:12 PM
I use fire, shield, lifegiver, and timeshift. Runs usually take 5-7 minutes.

Only thing I don't like about that build is that it only consists of only 1 damage skill.

Instanthumor
12-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Only thing I don't like about that build is that it only consists of only 1 damage skill.

Exactly.

otb
12-15-2013, 04:10 AM
i use a 5 active skill combo. fireball, timeshift, heal, shield for mobs. Then when i get to the boss, swap out timeshift for lightning.

bhutkeyur
12-15-2013, 07:06 AM
WT? Fire, Ice, Wind, Clock - Full AOE or
Fire Ice Lighting Clock

Alhuntrazeck
12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Fire Ice Clock Heal Light imo is the way to go. Switch out clock for light at boss fights...

Spyce
12-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Fire Ice Clock Heal Light imo is the way to go. Switch out clock for light at boss fights...

Thanks!
Why would you need heal though? Wouldn't Arcane Shield be better?

Int
12-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I personally use Clock,fire,light and arcane shield. Clock and fire are for AoE to get those big crowds, and light is for getting those high hp witches and also has a chance to do insane AoE damage. Arcane shield is for getting in there and getting extra 2 second to attack, sorcs can be squishy so arcane shield is a must if u don't wanna die. When u go into big crowds, use fire,clock,shield then light. A good crowd killing build

Instanthumor
12-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Sheriff, if you don't mind, you should add my Lv. 35 mage, IGN Instanthumour, I'm planning on leveling up that bad boy as well.

Alhuntrazeck
12-17-2013, 05:16 AM
Thanks!
Why would you need heal though? Wouldn't Arcane Shield be better?

I dunno, since you don't do the pulls survivability SHOULDN'T be a huge issue in tombs (forget elites for now). Play around with your build though, get what you think is best!

@Instant, add Acrobotics, my l35 warrior...Planning to cap that one too.

Sceazikua
12-17-2013, 05:56 AM

time shift does most damage for an AOE skill of sorc you know. It also roots enemies.

Spyce
12-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Sheriff, if you don't mind, you should add my Lv. 35 mage, IGN Instanthumour, I'm planning on leveling up that bad boy as well.

Added.
But I'm only L.20 at the moment.

I dunno, since you don't do the pulls survivability SHOULDN'T be a huge issue in tombs (forget elites for now). Play around with your build though, get what you think is best!

@Instant, add Acrobotics, my l35 warrior...Planning to cap that one too.

Alright, thanks!

drgrimmy
12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
I think that fire, frost and time with life or shield is a pretty standard skill set for mage pve. A couple of things to keep in mind... I prefer frost to light as ignoring the crit bonuses of light they have pretty similar single target damage, but frost also has crowd control properties freezing mobs if you release the charged version of the skill while in the middle of the mob (not while at range interestingly enough). The aoe upgrade of light can actually be useful in tomb runs where mobs die easily and the aoe procs more often. Keep in mind that time will not root all mobs in the tombs as the skeletons that are summoned by the mages (come out of the ground) do not get rooted. For k3 runs I actually prefer a fire, frost, light and shield build as you have 3 bosses to contend with and the extra single target damage really helps.

branniac7
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
If u have a good warrior, life, clock, frost,fire.

If warrior is stupid, shield, heal, fire, clock. If everyone dies, use ethyl then go out of tomb.

If all mages, clock, fire, frost, light or whatever skill set u have in mind and use colton. U can two hit almost all mobs.

If u r stupid, fire, drop clock, scatter mobs outside clock usiing gale. God i hate those mages that does this. Mobs are trapped inside my clock then theyll scatter it away. Wtf! Its like do u have a brain...?

If whole party stupid, buy lepre just farm locked. Why locked? Mobs from brackedridge cant kill u while in elite farming u get killes coz ur stupid. Here u can use your gale to your hearts delight.

Striderevil
01-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I run Fire, Ice, Clock, heal mainly for mana. Lightning kills the boss or whatever a little faster but in all honesty can't see much difference especially when you have 400+ dmg with decent crit. capability from aspen or clyde. The AoE crit damage from all three skills does the job as well or better than light. Shield is something I would like to use and get in next lvl update. Instead I use lifegiver and pots when needed since it helps with mana regen. The rest of the points I have distributed in passives instead hence no extra skill I can switch to like shield which mostly suits me fine.

The most irritating players are wars that dont know that their healing ability and support capability is the best in game but instead cry mana but never heal us squishy smurfs. Thats when I wish I had shield. For now I have decent survivability using mythic armor and never enter pvp because lets face without shield I might as well pin a target on my character lol.

I'm not using shield cause I find I can survive most maps and bosses crits save a few like frostir who is insane. As long as my Hp is around 3k its enough.