PDA

View Full Version : Fireball On Sorcerer

Sage south
12-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Whenever I use fireball, it almost never hits. I have to be facing the mob directly in order for it to do anything, while before I could be running anywhere and it would auto-target mobs. Sometimes, it even goes right through enemies doing absolutely no damage..

I know a lot of friends and guildies that experience the same issue. It seems not to matter what upgrades you have in them (including radius upgrade), it still misses.

Not sure what happened or when this change occurred, but please fix it back to normal.

Applejaqs
12-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Works fine for me. Perhaps it's latency where the mobs are farther away than appears?

Sage south
12-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Works fine for me. Perhaps it's latency where the mobs are farther away than appears?

Nope. I could be right next to a mob and be facing the opposite way and fireball won't work. I'm usually at 60-100 ping.

Fyrce
12-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Haha. I can surrounded by mobs and the fireballs will go right over the mobs' heads into space.

Applejaqs
12-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Not sure then. The only things I can think of is either you're using it uncharged or it's due to a specific item or event that causes the bug as my 21, 26, and 31 mages have no issue with it. Ever since they "fixed" the almost charged skills failing, uncharged skills fail a lot, and the auto target of fireball doesn't work uncharged on ocassion due to it.

MetalForce
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
I experience this same issue, playing my rogue till its fixed

Skeokateva
12-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I get this issue more when i dont have extended range on fire ball blast perk unlocked. I dont think that should effect the aim of fire so i think this is a bug too i rarely see rouge arrows miss target.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

chitgoks
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
even with a good connection you have to face the mob in order to shoot at them with fireball

it doesnt work like a gun does

Milan Lame Man
12-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Yep the last skill IN GAME that aims correctly is frost bolt. I with its code was copied to fireball, aimed shot, noxious bolt, and all others. Not the other way around!
Anyway I've noticed is gets worse with lag (that is, on weekends). Lag is nasty ever since the crafting upgrade.

Sceazikua
12-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Guys! I really dont know what you are experiencing, but my fireball hits 10/10 except the cases I am too far from the mob.
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen74.jpg
Sorry for taking screenshot when the fire ball flew a long way. I really want to take ss when I immediately release the fireball to mobs while Im not facing but that is too quick to perform stuff, which I often dont see the fireball in the screenshot. It took me 7 tries to take this screenshot. that I can see the fireball.

nelson131
12-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Lol I'm a rogue and I have similar issues with I'm using bow skills

Hectororius
12-21-2013, 07:42 AM
pro-tip - fire an auto shot first and/or wait till the mobs are actually aggro'd by someone before firing any skills. This goes for any toon. I've saved myself a lot of aggravation ever since I started doing this when i notice 'lag' in the game.

Gorecaster
12-22-2013, 08:44 AM
My skills sometimes wander off but only to hit other targets like barrels and wooden crates. I never aim fire, always running in a circle popping off fire balls and ice cubes they find the target 95% of the time. Keep in mind that you can "miss". It's part of the game. If you miss every time, you're lagging. I know from experience that I lag bad sometimes while showing a perfectly fine ping.