PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Ability on The Brothers Whimm

Joncheese
12-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I'd like something done with the arcane ability of the Brothers Whimm. it states that their Arcane ability pulls in a devastates with a smash, but I can assure you that there is no smash at all.... More of a tickle.

At the moment it is one glorious trap that pulls enemies in and then does nothing. I've learnt to love this pet, it's stats are good and it's passive is brilliant but tbh it's spoilt by the lack of an 'arcane ability'

STS can you possibly help sort this problem out?

Jon

bhutkeyur
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
What u mean by smash- massive dmg or stun?

keikali
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
What u mean by smash- massive dmg or stun?

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Is it stunning correctly? or did we expect a nice damaged attack along with a stun?

Joncheese
12-16-2013, 03:17 AM
I was just about to ask the same thing.

Is it stunning correctly? or did we expect a nice damaged attack along with a stun?

There's nothing.... they get pulled in and nothing happens. There's no mention of a stun so i presume there is none, but it does mention a devastating smash.... which isn't there either.

Haligali
12-16-2013, 05:09 AM
If its just pulls enemies together, then its lame, the epic rarity Frosteye pet do the same.

And please dont forget to buff the proc on arcane staff too.

Emmacheese
12-16-2013, 05:20 AM
We have tested these over and over .... The arcane ability is useless it is inconsistent, mobs have to be in clear line of sight. And yes that is all it does it pulls a few in and not even tight. It's awful in pvp I'm so disappointed with it :( oh well you win some you lose some. Sammy it is! I'm talking about the arcane ability here too btw the stats are on par with the other arcane pets

Haligali
12-16-2013, 05:26 AM
We have tested these over and over .... The arcane ability is useless it is inconsistent, mobs have to be in clear line of sight. And yes that is all it does it pulls a few in and not even tight. It's awful in pvp I'm so disappointed with it :( oh well you win some you lose some. Sammy it is! I'm talking about the arcane ability here too btw the stats are on par with the other arcane pets

Stats looks good on paper, but in reality: proc of weapons and ability of pets is more important.

eeknoh
12-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Totally agree. The snare is EXTREMELY inconsistent as well.. sometimes it will pull in 4 mobs, sometimes 7, A lot of times.. 0. And nothing at all happens. They don't even get slowed, they just run away.

Its really quite lame, I sincerely hope this isn't the intention of the ability.

HULK SMASH!!

keikali
12-16-2013, 10:56 AM
There's nothing.... they get pulled in and nothing happens. There's no mention of a stun so i presume there is none, but it does mention a devastating smash.... which isn't there either.

Whoa. So it technically is useless. I'd expect some kind of "stun" or snare to put them in place. Even though I haven't had the chance to try one out, I believe this has to be adjusted to reflect its "Arcane" Rarity of a pet.

bhutkeyur
12-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Well I have feeling even some of the mythic pets are better than whim bro....what u guys say?

Ravager
12-16-2013, 02:10 PM
I'd like something done with the arcane ability of the Brothers Whimm. it states that their Arcane ability pulls in a devastates with a smash, but I can assure you that there is no smash at all.... More of a tickle.

At the moment it is one glorious trap that pulls enemies in and then does nothing. I've learnt to love this pet, it's stats are good and it's passive is brilliant but tbh it's spoilt by the lack of an 'arcane ability'

STS can you possibly help sort this problem out?

Jon

Based on your description, it sounds bad. I hope they turn the smash into a stun or panic and resolve the pull issues.

Lojack
12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
My level 35 Brothers will pull (up to) several mobs in Shadow Plains and hit them for up to 3/4 health for the weaker mobs.

"STS can you possibly help sort this problem out?"

Don't see a problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Kakashis
12-16-2013, 08:23 PM
The cute factor counts for a lot! The ability is still very useful in pve! It's the reason I love my frosteye!

Joncheese
12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
My level 35 Brothers will pull (up to) several mobs in Shadow Plains and hit them for up to 3/4 health for the weaker mobs.

Thanks for the reply Lojack.

I was querying it because it didnt seem like much of an arcane. After your response myself and emma went and tested again, here's what we found.

In PVP the average dmg was about 6-7% of opponents health when the arcane is used. Its dmg is normally 200 or 300+ if a crit shot. It was easy to think that there was no arcane damage because the damage inflicted was identical to that of the passive (which imo should be changed as the passive is perfect and the arcane should be higher).

If thats what it is meant to be then thats fine though and i appreciate your reply.

Lojack can you also tell me what the deal is with the PVE pulls in Elite? We are finding that if you have a lot of mobs then the trap doesnt work. Is there a reason for this? I know Elite is totally different than normal maps, but that is what most end gamers will be using it for. I do accept it only works for several mobs though.

Sorry about all the questions but it's arcane ability seems to be pretty poor compared to the other arcane pets. The pet is great, it really is just the arcane that needs looking at.

Could u not change the smash into a stun? THAT would be awesome :)

Ravager
12-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Ive expereienced inconsistent pulls as well unfortunately. Mine is 35. I experience this both in pvp and pve. I have a few theories why we could be experiencing this.

Already pulled state
Im not sure on exact numbers but lets say the pet pulls from 4 cm into a 1cm range. If the enemy is already in the 1cm range, pull will not activate on any enemy.

Latency
Perhaps there is latency causing issues. Sometimes latency will cause odd behavior such as Time Shift not dropping or warrior heals healing behind them?

The circular radius is off center
Not sure if this is latency related as well but when my warrior heals, there is more radius behind the warrior than in front. Maybe it pulls more from the back than the front?

Or perhaps it is inconsistent or we are unlucky.

Perhaps also the pet can be adjusted so it pulls all the way to the epicenter of the pet rather than 1cm out of the pet.

I also hope for a stun/panic on the "smash."

Instanthumor
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I agree, as an 'arcane' pet, their arcane ability is somewhat disappointing. Like Jon stated, there should be at least a noticeable stun on the arcane ability, and the smash on the arcane ability should have a slight increase of damage done.. After all, it is an arcane ability, not a little happiness bonus or a passive. But I have to admit, the pull in PvP can be devastating, and has great potential especially in 2v2's and 3v3's when the opponents are spread out and when they are out of reach from certain AoE attack. Just a feedback.

Zeus
12-25-2013, 02:58 PM

With all due respect, do you mind taking a closer look? As Jon said, the arcane ability does no more damage than a normal passive attack. Isn't there something wrong with that?

If anyone needs a reminder that things don't always translate as expected from devs server side to players server side, the elite wraith heart should suffice. If I recall, everything ran properly on your side so it took a while for developers to even admit there was an issue.

We're all educated people here and honestly, the arcane ability does not live up to something that is arcane in nature. As of right now, Frosteye's ability does just about the same thing.

With that said,

I hope the developer team is enjoying their holidays! Y'all worked hard on winter content and certainly deserve a break.

gatzoo5505
12-25-2013, 07:01 PM
What Jon said is as accurate as it gets. There is no devastating smash more like a sneeze. I'm scratching my head what was the intended use of its arcane ability. The only answer I came up witb to make us laugh.

In all seriousness, please add something to the pull, whether it's stun, snare, a real devastating blow.

Skypain
12-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I really hope they fix this. Settled for whim instead of samael.

Kakashis
12-26-2013, 08:21 PM
But the brothers are super cute and have blue fighting auras! I think their looks makes them special! Their ability us similar to Frost eyes! If they pulled everything into a small area, who would still use trap!

Ravager
12-27-2013, 12:23 AM
But the brothers are super cute and have blue fighting auras! I think their looks makes them special! Their ability us similar to Frost eyes! If they pulled everything into a small area, who would still use trap!

Many people are not forking out many millions for a vanity pet. Trap doesnt pull in for pvp. Many of us are stating that it doesnt work all the time and going by what the description says and comparing to other pets of the arcane status.

Kakashis
12-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Many people are not forking out many millions for a vanity pet. Trap doesnt pull in for pvp. Many of us are stating that it doesnt work all the time and going by what the description says and comparing to other pets of the arcane status.

Well, if you're going to that picky, technically it doesn't say that it pulls in ALL enemies, it just says "pulls in enemies" and nowhere does it say it stuns or panics them. All it says is that it devistates and by definition, devistates just means to hurt them with an attack in which it does! STS never said this Arcane pet was going to be the best just because it's new! By comparison, I've noticed that frost eye doesn't always pull in either, it may be due to an anti double stun mechanism.

Ravager
12-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Well, if you're going to that picky, technically it doesn't say that it pulls in ALL enemies, it just says "pulls in enemies" and nowhere does it say it stuns or panics them. All it says is that it devistates and by definition, devistates just means to hurt them with an attack in which it does! STS never said this Arcane pet was going to be the best just because it's new! By comparison, I've noticed that frost eye doesn't always pull in either, it may be due to an anti double stun mechanism.

Yes if you read correctly, it doesn't say a chance to pull in either. Stun or panic upon the pull was a request. Again, others including myself are still comparing the stats and features of this pet to other arcane pets and requesting changes to it and not saying it has to be the best. Its most likely not the stun immunity as I have used this on opponents that barely entered tdm and it didn't work.

Cero
12-28-2013, 03:08 PM
i dont have arcane whim but from what the others said it seems whims arcane is only good for its pull. People might just think frosteye is convenient than whim. Looking at their suggestions, pulls then slow,stun, panic or terrify might be better. Vixen's damage after a push seems better?. My vixen can do KS after it pushes enemies.