12-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Anyone know how to calculate armor?

FluffNStuff
12-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Damage reduction Percentage = Armor / Level

Jetzzz
12-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Damage reduction Percentage = Armor / Level

May i know where u get this information ?
So does it mean that shiloh 4% damage reduction for lv 10 char equal to 40 def ?

Hoardseeker
12-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Umm not like that if you are level 30 and you have 990armour= 990÷30=33% damage reduction and 4% damage reduction from pet will be stashed as 33+4=37% damage reduction

Jetzzz
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Umm not like that if you are level 30 and you have 990armour= 990÷30=33% damage reduction and 4% damage reduction from pet will be stashed as 33+4=37% damage reduction
I only put example for lv 10. In your example shiloh equal to 120 armor (lv 30). I dont think this is the right calculation, coz it means that lv 1 with abaddon have 110% damage reduction

Milan Lame Man
12-17-2013, 12:45 PM
We have only figured out the equation when you fight enemy of the same level.
There are some modifiers such that low level hits weaker, and high level hits harder, but AFAIK no one has figured out how it works exactly.
If you can test lv1 vs lv1 with Abaddon, some folks here would love to know how much damage you take.

I assume Abaddon gives flat Armor stat, I am not familiar with him.

xXz21
12-17-2013, 02:28 PM
i just can say after 1300 def u don't get any diference if u have 2k or if u have 1,3k

FluffNStuff
12-17-2013, 02:42 PM
i just can say after 1300 def u don't get any diference if u have 2k or if u have 1,3k

What level are you and what level is the enemy? If you are level 36 and farming Jarl, then yeah, I suppose that is correct.

xXz21
12-17-2013, 03:06 PM
What level are you and what level is the enemy? If you are level 36 and farming Jarl, then yeah, I suppose that is correct.

Lv 36 warrior full mytic tested with all shuyal boss, Elite and normal. Inan made me the same dmg with mytic sword and shield and same dmg with legendary hammer. or without it..

FluffNStuff
12-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Lv 36 warrior full mytic tested with all shuyal boss, Elite and normal. Inan made me the same dmg with mytic sword and shield and same dmg with legendary hammer. or without it..

Can you give examples of the numbers, or are you saying he killed you no matter what?

xXz21
12-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Can you give examples of the numbers, or are you saying he killed you no matter what?

no no, inan don't kill me. just test the inan dmg with more def and low def. and is the same.. after 1300 def i get the same damage. no diference..

so with mytic sword + shield shot u 200 (example) with entombed shot 200, with devourer maul 200..

without weapon 200..

Instanthumor
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
no no, inan don't kill me. just test the inan dmg with more def and low def. and is the same.. after 1300 def i get the same damage. no diference..

so with mytic sword + shield shot u 200 (example) with entombed shot 200, with devourer maul 200..

without weapon 200..

If your saying that there's no difference in dmg done to you when using mythic pavise and using entombed, that is FALSE.

xXz21
12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
If your saying that there's no difference in dmg done to you when using mythic pavise and using entombed, that is FALSE.

whatever go to test it and after talk.

Crowsfoot
12-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Lol, just lol. Anyone here take statistics in school? I highly, HIGHLY, doubt that the equation would be so simplistic.

Examples: the "percentage" of crit and dodge chance aren't precise. If a rogue buffs his (alr tested this) crit chance to 110% he still won't land a critical hit 100% of the time (hence why you can buff yourself beyond 100%).

My guess is that armor, damage, crit, and dodge are all (roughly) infinite series that aproach a value e. This means that a plateau is achieved within certain brackets of numbers. This plateau is noticeable when I was testing damage reduction when my armor was 1700ish <will edit>, 1847, and 2003. When running elite overgrow I found I took a mere 6 less damage per hit when my armor was 1847 instead of 1700ish <will edit>. However, the diference between 1847 and 2003 armor was 21 damage per hit (that's significant).

I played around with my gear and found my "benchmarks" for how much armor a warrior should have to run elite. Below are those (rounded) figures.

1600= able to run elite, but small pulls or expert use of juggernaut encouraged.

1800= able to run all elite, small pulls and pot spamming will make this warrior imortal. Using juggernaut is still encouraged.
*This is my ideal number for solo tanking (only tank in the party) the more difficult elite maps.

2000= brick wall, lag is now your only enemy. Unless giant pulls are used you will bot need juggernaut.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Crow, how did you test this. Changing your armor between runs or comparing after getting new armor due to leveling up? Was your level and the number/levels of the members of your party the same?

Milan Lame Man
12-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Lol, just lol. I highly, HIGHLY, doubt that the equation would be so simplistic.
I did some tests naked & with armor during daily bard, and the numbers were somewhat close to the armor/level formula. The damage has a wide spread so it's hard to make a good average.

When running elite overgrow I found I took a mere 6 less damage per hit when my armor was 1847 instead of 1700ish <will edit>. However, the diference between 1847 and 2003 armor was 21 damage per hit (that's significant).
The question is, what was the base damage received? Looking forward to <will edit>. After a bit of math, my estimate is:
armor 0: 485 dmg received
armor 1700: 256 (not in agreement with your statement)
armor 1802: 242 ("+6")
armor 1847: 236 (base)
armor 2003: 215 ("-21")
Please get us some numbers so we can see where the formula fails.

Crowsfoot
12-18-2013, 07:23 AM
I did some tests naked & with armor during daily bard, and the numbers were somewhat close to the armor/level formula. The damage has a wide spread so it's hard to make a good average.

The question is, what was the base damage received? Looking forward to <will edit>. After a bit of math, my estimate is:
armor 0: 485 dmg received
armor 1700: 256 (not in agreement with your statement)
armor 1802: 242 ("+6")
armor 1847: 236 (base)
armor 2003: 215 ("-21")
Please get us some numbers so we can see where the formula fails.

I cannot give my exact numbers, because I can't log on atm (wifi is down, I should be able to give precise figures by Thursday at the latest). However, I can tell you my gear used since I wrote it down in my NoteEverything app. (all was done at 36)

Procedures:

1) enter soloing code.

2) enter elite overgrow map.

3) disequip gear untill desired armor level is reached.

4) pull a single mob and record the first five damage hits.

5) average the damage intake per hit.

6) repeat steps 4-5 several times. After each rounded figure is derived: average them, but keep original rounded figures noted. Thusly, you find when your average is aproaching value e when a difference from it (the mean) and the median is less than 10%.

7) note the average of all your rounded figures once it aproaches e.

8) repeat steps 3-7 for your next armor level.

notes:
-once u write down five damage hits you should make the mob reset so you don't die.
-any data sets that recieved a critical hit or you being debuffed are anamolous and most be thrown away.
*most important note^
-don't use a pet.

Gear used:

Test one: normal gear set for myself (Upgraded myth armor and helm, mythic glaive, amulet of doom, archon ring of potency (str)) or 2004 armor.

Test two: normal gear without the glaive, or 1847 armor

Test three: test two gear without

---

In my trademark laziness I apparently stopped typing test three out entirely. I believe it was without my ring or my amulet (maybe both). As stated, I don't have WiFi atm. Come Thursday I shall retest and find the value.

I had several other tests using gear from the cs. However, since I didn't record them I shall have to retest that as well. All I wrote was the above (this is an edited version to remove my excessive use of short hand) and the values 1600 and 1800 being benchmarks in my warrior tanking guide file.

---

Additionally I noticed you have the 1847 figure labled as base. Allow me to clarify, each figure is relative to the armor value tested before it. I said 1800 was a benchmark for tanking in that that is where I noticed the plateau in damage reduction.

note: if you really want a guide made with all figure relative to each other I would need to post a graph. However, my computer won't allow me to post photos onto the forum unless they are from a url. (I'm opposed to the privacy policy for photobucket so please don't suggest I use that, I know it works).

Milan Lame Man
12-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the effort already put in, and for the promised one thanks in advance as well.
No need for pictures, a table works even better.
Just a simple table armor -> dmg should do it, unless you suspect something else having effect.
Please try to add a test with as low armor as possible... but don't get killed :smile:

I assume you have 5% passive armor skill that is not factored in the "armor" you report?
It's OK this way, just to be clear if you have it or not.

Milan Lame Man
12-18-2013, 09:05 AM