PDA

View Full Version : Archer equip sword or staff? please explain

kevintr912
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I see other player their class is an Archer but they equip Sword.or Staff So just wondering are they able to use the warrior or enchanteress skill too? If not then which skill of Archer class can they use if they equip sword or staff? On the other hand which skill can a Warrior class use if they equip bow or staff. Thanks for your help

TheBaconKing
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
You can raise any stat, or use any weapon as long as you have the skill requirement.

Your abilities, like your spells are the same no matter if you use a sword, bow, or staff. The abilities you get as a enchantress, or ranger will never change.

Druc
05-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I think Az and Jim pretty much explained it in your previous post in the Warrior forum:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1275-can-some-one-tell-me-why

kevintr912
05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
so I can use sword or staff to cast my skill if I'm Archer. Doest it reduce the damgage if I use a different weapon?

HectorCruz
05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Your weapon has nothing to do with your skills. Only your race has to do with your skills. It says that in your other post. It doesn't matter if you use a sword, axe, bow, staff, dagger, or bare-knuckles, your skills will be exactly the same and have the same effects. They are separate.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I would suggest using what your class was intended to use, at least while starting. Then you can move on to some of the "cooler" combinations of using a 2H sword with an Archer, or a 1H and shield.

As far as a damage reduction goes, I am not sure if there is one.

Splurd
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I would suggest using what your class was intended to use, at least while starting. Then you can move on to some of the "cooler" combinations of using a 2H sword with an Archer, or a 1H and shield.

As far as a damage reduction goes, I am not sure if there is one.

Dont tell them that...

because they will do stupid things like add dex, then think OMG KEWL BLACK SMOKE SWORD! and start adding str,
then a mage walks past and they go OMG GLOWING STICK OF FIREBALLZ
then realise OMG SPARKLY XBOW! and go back to dex

And then we end up with some twit archer with 30 str 30 int and 100 dex at lvl 30.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Those are my favourite archers o.O