PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S - apologies if this has been mentioned before?

digiiro
12-16-2013, 08:09 PM
My boyfriend got me so addicted to this game and demanded me to download it on my Samsung Galaxy S (Mesmorize) since I was using his cell phone 24/7. He has an account too and wants to play with me versus just him playing alone or me playing alone. Anywho, I downloaded Pocket Legends and it was an epic fail. *disappointment* I am assuming it is a bug or my phone just cannot handle it? My phone can't handle much to be honest. Hehe.

I've factory reset my cell + downloaded/uninstalled/redownloaded multiple times (hoping it was just downloading incorrectly and would work but didn't XD).

digiiro
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Hardware Version: I500.04
Model Number: SCH-I500
Firmware Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: S:i500.04 K.EC10
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: SCH-I500.EC10

Schnitzel
12-16-2013, 10:45 PM
From what Samhayne posted a while back
Ignore the last line. The games no longer work on flash.

From Wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law): Moore's Law

What the heck does that mean? Well, that new devices keep getting faster and faster and faster! Whether you know about Moore’s law or not, you can see this in action in your favorite phone store or device reseller. There are newer, faster devices that come to market every year. Each new device has more capabilities than its predecessors.

We here at Spacetime are unabashed technology loving geeks. We love the horsepower that new, faster, devices bring. We continue to push the envelope of what can be done on a mobile device. We also love bringing new features and functionality to our games, probably almost as much as our players love receiving them.

However, there is a problem. We always want our players to have a great play experience and we also want to continue to deliver great new features that our players have come to expect. For people playing on older hardware, we can’t always guarantee both of these goals. So, to that end, we want to tell our users who are playing on yesteryear’s hardware, it is time for an upgrade.

We are working on new game clients for Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends, that will be available soon. The new game clients for Pocket Legends and Star Legends will have increased system requirements and no longer support some older devices. The new system requirements will be:

iOS:
You will need to be running iOS version 4.3 or greater.
You will need a device that has OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
Your device’s processor will need to support arm-v7a.

Android:
You will need to be running OS 2.2 or greater.
You will need a device that has OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
Your device’s processor will need to support arm-v7a.

The majority of our current players already meet the above new minimum requirements. However, for the few of you who just won’t give up your 1st generation iPod touch, we’re sorry. Our new goodies won’t run on it anymore.
For anyone who’s mobile device won’t be up to snuff, if you have a desktop computer, you can always play our games on the Chrome or Flash versions on a desktop computer.

How to play Spacetime Games in the Chrome Browser (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/968774-how-to-play-spacetime-games-on-chrome)

How to play Spacetime Games in a Flash enabled Web Browser (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/966424-can-i-play-spacetime-games-in-a-flash-enabled-web-browser-)

Thanks in advance for your understanding!

Itoopeo
12-17-2013, 03:40 PM
I have same phone than you do.

But... my phone is rooted and i am running android 4.2.1

I have no issues and PL doesnt even lag at all.

And btw you can update to 2.3.3 without rooting (samsungs touchwiz)

Try doing that. If it doesnt work, tell your bf to root your phone and install cyanogen mod 10.1