PDA

View Full Version : MiniMap Pros Cons

Visiting
12-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Ok I know ALOT of people use the MiniMap feature but I need some actual reasons before I clutter my screen with this addition, so if someone could list a the pros and cons or redirect me to a thread that asses pros and cons I will give you virtual cookies :)

Instanthumor
12-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Before I answer your question, you will have to answer mine first. How will you give us your 'virtual cookies'?

Farhazard
12-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Sometimes,mini map doesnt shown in my screen :(

falmear
12-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Jackie Chan no understand.

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2134369.jpg

Instanthumor
12-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Jackie Chan no understand.

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2134369.jpg

Priceless.

Alhuntrazeck
12-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Minimap? For regrouping in PvP mostly.

j3peaz
12-17-2013, 05:27 AM
To find my dawgs

Seriously to see guildies in pugs and frienemies and crates/barrels. U can also adjust size and opacity

MetalForce
12-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Minimap is essential imo. I don't need to see the bad guy to know he's there. Also you see where all your other players are. And there's a transparency setting in the options, just make it less visible

phillyr
12-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Minimap is essential imo. I don't need to see the bad guy to know he's there. Also you see where all your other players are. And there's a transparency setting in the options, just make it less visible

I totally agree, it's a must. Pvp pve it gives u a sort of 6th sense on where everything is before it hits the actual play area

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rare
12-17-2013, 08:38 AM
The only con I know of is forgetting to turn it off when taking screen shots

Extreme
12-17-2013, 09:16 AM
The only con I know of is forgetting to turn it off when taking screen shots

This, sometimes makes me need to come back in-game to take another screen shot lol..

wlsgh15
12-17-2013, 10:09 AM
minimap is like a navigation. to look who ppl fight with opponent where flags are located, who got killied during fight. its basic strategy for pvp/pve .

Yakiniku
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I just ran a junior guildie through Kraken 5. I used the minimap to see if those pesky red dots were getting away from my super awesome trap and nox taunts. :p

But yea. What everyone else said. It's just good info to see. It's also great for stalking guildies and friends in crowded towns. *shifty eyes*

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-18-2013, 06:00 PM
In pvp I rely on 4 things:
the most obvious what I see on my screen (my character and who's around me)
Minimap and teammate health bar is second as i can gauge where the enemy is on a map when my teammate dies and spawns again and the rate at which the health drops will indicate if its ganging. Also those people that fight next to trulle easy to locate the enemy with minimap as where trulle is that's where the enemy is.
Lastly sound/audio being able to hear when the enemy charges a skill is a dead give away to pop shield. You can tell if its the enemy by looking at the minimap to make sure it's not your teammate. Trust me pvp without sound is well..... A challenge especially if your a Mage up against a rogue.. Gotta pop that shield before the rogue can kill you with lightning combos.

Avshow
12-18-2013, 06:20 PM
it is so important for speed runs... you almost have to make all your decision on everything you are going to do next up to the mini map