PDA

View Full Version : 2013-12-17 Content Update (137315)

H2N
12-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Fixed an issue where players under level 10 opening winter frozen chests were not receiving items.
The daily quest 'Into the Lair' now grants players access to the Ice Tempered Goblin turnstile dungeon once per day. After taking the quest, head behind Limae to the portal to enter the lair. Note that this access will time out after 2 Hours!
Tarlok the Dragon has had his stats brought down a bit for levels 10 through 15.
Frost Fiends now have a chance to drop Winterfest Tokens.

Desperoto
First

Ishtmeet
lol

keikali
12-17-2013, 03:19 PM
YES to Frost Fiend dropping tokens. That little annoying #*&$*#$&(*&*(#$ better gimme tons of tokens.

Desperoto
Yes lol u guys listened to my suggestion!!

luka
Nice

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Toogy
12-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Third :D

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Sexun Buzz
12-17-2013, 03:20 PM
8th

HeartlessR
12-17-2013, 03:21 PM
honestly lol i was going to make a complaint thread about frost fiend being in elites. But if hes dropping tokens im fine with it.

Vystirch
12-17-2013, 03:24 PM
That was the right thing to do with Frost Fiends. Thanks a bunch STS!

-Vys

keikali
12-17-2013, 03:24 PM
honestly lol i was going to make a complaint thread about frost fiend being in elites. But if hes dropping tokens im fine with it.

I still rather have him in normal maps only. He is pretty annoying. Worst than Jack Hellows.

RyFG
12-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the update

Ishtmeet
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
How many tokens? maybe 1? lmao

Chiazihu
12-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Y not day 1 goblin, day 2 wolf, day 3 thor and day 4 tarlok?

Samhayne
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
How many tokens? maybe 1? lmao

The Fiend is pretty common. He doesn't always drop tokens, but has a decent chance to do so. I believe 1, 2 or 3.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
At least he drops something. That guy is a pain the frozen rum on the Southern Seas! Thanks!

Kakatoa91
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Lvl down the bosses for the low lvl -_-
Its goin to b too easy now.

Instanthumor
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I still rather have him in normal maps only. He is pretty annoying. Worst than Jack Hellows.

Yeah, at least we got some decent gold bundles per hit from Hellow... But even still, 1, 2, or 3 tokens still isn't worth killing the frost fiends...

Carapace
12-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Regarding Frost Fiends:

The decision to make the token reward amount low, and the chance only decent and not 100% was to prevent higher level players from farming them as a better means of obtaining tokens than finding portals with a Goblin in it. It wouldn't be super fun to run through Brackenridge on your level 36 hunting frost fiends all day, and so their reward has been balanced out to make it a more exciting moment when one pops out and not as a replacement for the portals which are the main source of Tokens.

Ultimately as part of encompassing the event for all players we need to be able to maintain the balance for items and their rate of introduction to the economy from different angles. This is why certain items like Breezaga and Tarlok's Imbued Chests are rare, so as not to trivialize the content immediately.

Thanks everyone for the feedback that's helped shape this event into something fun for all!

octavos
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Fixed an issue where players under level 10 opening winter frozen chests were not receiving items.
The daily quest 'Into the Lair' now grants players access to the Ice Tempered Goblin turnstile dungeon once per day. After taking the quest, head behind Limae to the portal to enter the lair. Note that this access will time out after 2 Hours!
Tarlok the Dragon has had his stats brought down a bit for levels 10 through 15.
Frost Fiends now have a chance to drop Winterfest Tokens.

now thats awesome :) yay my voice was heard thanks guys

Regarding Frost Fiends:

The decision to make the token reward amount low, and the chance only decent and not 100% was to prevent higher level players from farming them as a better means of obtaining tokens than finding portals with a Goblin in it. It wouldn't be super fun to run through Brackenridge on your level 36 hunting frost fiends all day, and so their reward has been balanced out to make it a more exciting moment when one pops out and not as a replacement for the portals which are the main source of Tokens.

Ultimately as part of encompassing the event for all players we need to be able to maintain the balance for items and their rate of introduction to the economy from different angles. This is why certain items like Breezaga and Tarlok's Imbued Chests are rare, so as not to trivialize the content immediately.

Thanks everyone for the feedback that's helped shape this event into something fun for all!

some is better then none thanks again.

HeartlessR
12-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Regarding Frost Fiends:

This is pretty flawed logic considering even if you made him drop 5-10 and gave him 100% drop rate farming portals would in the end be faster. considering tarlok gives 40 a go. even if it was a 100% drop rate for frost fiend with 5 tokens. I can farm goblin for 2 hours after i buy a tarlok portal (idk if you fixed it) but will i? No. 8 tokens a run is a waste of my time. that means id have to do 50 runs for 400 tokens. not even enough to buy the vanity and im sacrificing my sanity because goblins probably the most annoying boss out of them all (Not including the knight. Knight makes me cry )

edit: just to be clear im not complaining about the update. i guess getting 1 or 2 tokens is better then nothing. then again i farm elite and theres nothing more frustrating than running forest of shades and running to boss while having about 10 blue mages and 15 vegetable dog things and suddenly i get hit by a ice ball and i slow down and insta die. then im either forced to pay plat or deal with running back only to get ice balled and repeat.

Amicusdei
12-17-2013, 05:11 PM
is the 2 hour timeout in effect after accessing the "free" goblin portal. I cant seem to find one or get in when invited.

Carapace
12-17-2013, 05:16 PM
is the 2 hour timeout in effect after accessing the "free" goblin portal. I cant seem to find one or get in when invited.

It's identical to the purchased turnstile access. If you kill the boss access will be removed from the paid portal in the back, as well as finding the Goblin in a random dungeon found for free. Inside the turnstile "free access" version only friends/guildmates/party members can join you, by invite or partying beforehand.

Extreme
12-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank you, fiend.

Lovingly
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
perfect.

Jabu
12-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Great job with Frost Fiend. Thank you.

Excuses
12-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Regarding Frost Fiends:

Sorry but spending two hours to find a portal is not fun too. Especially in low levels.
Kraken is too hard for 10-15 lvl, i barely get 1 portal from farming Ydra area for 2-3hours.
I don't know why but I found 1 portal for past 2 days even I farm everyday at least 3hours.

But having tokens from Fiend sounds better.

becky_xil
12-17-2013, 08:43 PM
At last.. now that lil ice titan wannabe gonna die !

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Prahasit Prahi
12-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Regarding Frost Fiends:

Well I don't understand in making event pets rare
I always think events come to make happy and to enjoy but that breezaga being like that it doesn't show up like an event we have to do hard work

If u make that breezaga in the game I mean not in any event that makes a sense
But this kind of pet in an event hard working for it for many days it doesn't make any sense

Well you guys didn't launch any rarity pets in halloween but why come a rarity pet for christmas event?

Zyntia
12-18-2013, 12:43 AM
The lvl 10 Tarlok Dragon boss nerf was really needed. I also like it that the Frost Fiend now has a chance to drop tokens. I am pleasantly surprised how you guys in the dev team actually take feedback and do accept requests from players. Love this update and very happy. Thank you STS!! :)

RayzeRRaid
12-18-2013, 02:28 AM
its a bit fair, but still frost fiend is annoying while spawn while we doing an boss -_- its sick ahaha

VanRah
12-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Why don't u remove the frost fiend from elite maps? There he's even more annoying...it's not worth killing him in elite, he only slows down the runs n increases the death chances...what for? only 3 tokens if u are lucky?! No, thanks.

borix
12-18-2013, 06:02 AM
... only friends/guildmates/party members can join you, by invite or partying beforehand. AND by paying 1 platinum.

ladymage
12-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Like the free portal. Thanks.

keikali
12-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Killed the goob fiend a couple of times, yet no luck of him dropping the 1, 2, or maybe 3 tokens.

I prefer if you just moved him to Normal Maps only. He is pretty annoying in elites. Also he scales up in level and hits pretty hard.