PDA

View Full Version : The new rebalancing makes it difficult to farm for upgrades

csb
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
The 2013-12-17 Content Update (136845) seems to have rebalanced the game in favor of defense. This creates a problem for farming.

We cannot do a few attacks, and then log off. Our resources will be stolen. We need to stay logged in long enough to farm the upgrade money. This was not a problem before the update. I could usually start a new battle every 5 minutes. However, after the update, I find that I have to use almost my entire army, which means it could be an hour before I can do another battle. There is no way to stay logged on with an hour gap between battles.

If the emphasis is shifted towards defense, and I am expected to create the ultimate fort to protect my resources between battles, then the best I can do is maybe two battles per day. I would expend all my troops, then have to wait an hour for more troops, so I would log off. If I get attacked and get a shield, I would just leave it for 16 hours, and then do another attack after the shield drops, repeating the cycle. There will be a lot less attacking, and a lot more people just waiting to collect resources with a shield. I'm not sure this new system is a better game. This may get boring.

csb
12-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Also, a side effect of this change is that it costs more to create an army, so now it is more difficult to make a profit.

Romaniankidd91
12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
agreed. dont fix it if it aint' broken!! lmao

IGN: Romaniankidd.51,Romkillz.41,Romnubsy.20,Poopscoop. 51,Skillzaishere.50

octavos
12-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I still don't see a difference. To create a suitable army of grunts is still reasonable. But if your talking about statcoms and jeeps then yes it does take a long time to do battles.

I believe the game is still built just like BD where offensive still beats defense no matter how good the base is designed. I have seen the people with tons of trophys are mached up with high level HQ which makes since.

I guess I don't see the argument because im creating my troops fine and destroying the bases. Matchups for.me are.working as.intended. I do.fight high lv HQ and.low ones. But it.dependent on trophy count

warbluefish
12-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Totally agreed. The waiting time for new troops r killing the game. Farming has been ruined.

L0ve
12-25-2013, 10:06 AM
+1, Boaz! It's getting a bit boring now.