PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Burst + Brim way overpowered / Cheap?

Zzzzaaaap
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Absolutely! It is painfully obvious it is, when 80-90% of end level players use this 2 button insta kill combo.

Reasons:
1. Without blessing it is a instant kill. It will take you from full life to zero. Even if you grab a heart whilst burning, it will melt that away too. It overrides any lightswitch suicide attempt as well.

2. Blessing, which is the only antedote to the effect has a much, much longer recharge rate then fb + bless. Meaning even if you manage to hit blessing to save yourself. Its just a simple matter of them running away until it recharges and they do it all over again.

3. Fast rate of damage. When hit, it drains your life very, very quickly. So quick if you have bad ping or are not perfect on the timing with blessing you are mostly dead or already dead. No other DOT has this rate of damage.

4. Hit percentage, it is easy to hit with the combo, even if you are off target, you still have a window to adjust and still get a hit. Plus the enemy is stunned from the fatal burst making it impossible to evade. Its not hard to hit a non moving target.

5. Miss rate versus other lesser DOTs (Rats, etc). Rats misses way more often vs dodge gems then Brim does.

6. For the 2 button combo to work, it does not take the same player to execute the combo. As long as you have been hit by fatal burst by somebody. Any enemy can just walk up and hit you with a charged brim and the instadeath effect begins. Which really makes life easy for kill stealers, campers, and farmers. (We know who you people are, we are not impressed, and people mock you behind your back, or in some cases to your face)

7. Ranged, not only is this combo super powerful it can be executed from long range. Making it easy to limit the ways you can be damaged. But also making it a easy task to run away and recharge if your enemy happens to use bless or the even smaller chance of missing.

Now, ask yourself. Is playing with such a build really that fun? Probabley for some. To these people it has nothing to do with skill, tactics, or competition. It just about easy kills. These would be the same people that would cheat to make themselves invincible, etc.

For others it just a matter of being able to remain competitive with those who use this grossly over powered combo. (If you can't beat them, join them..)

Isn't there any pride in making a build that is all your own? Learning how to play that build and learning to be succeed with it? Rather then copy the same build that a vast majority uses just for easy kills?

Do you like that the game now lacks variety? Would you like it if they just made it so now all players can only use fb, brim, aura and bless? Because that is largely what this game has become.

Finally, a large portion of the blame rests on the devs for not nerfing such a unbalancing part of the game.

I played with the build for awhile, and frankily I found it way too easy to kill, boring, and unoriginal. So I made my own build that is pretty successful. If I can do it, you can too!

Now, I expect to recieve many angry replies, (heck, i just insulted the build of a majority of the pvp community) But I am certain, that my reasoning is sound.

Discuss....

Contravention
12-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Nah I know how you feel I'm a user of that build fb brim aura unholy but to tell you the truth it dosnt always hit especially when going against someone using a crit build it harder for brim to hit and what I noticed by experience but when ever someone charges aura and uses it my brim didn't hit them.

I also made my own build where I used ghost strike dark binding fatal burst and aura. Its pretty good if used right

Zzzzaaaap
12-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes, sometimes a lucky crit or spell can stun/interrupt but its relying purely on chance that you crit and/or that they do not dodge. Also alot of the spells/crits that can interrupt have a much smaller range then fb brim. It is simply not enough to balance it.

Just like rats will sometimes push them out of range of the brim. But this relies on rats hitting, which is dodged very, very often along with hitting them in the narrow window of where your rats can reach and still push them out of range of brim. Too close they still hit you with brim. Too far your rats miss. With the rate rats miss with dodge, and the small window for error compared to the ease in which brim is executed combined with instakill makes it still unbalanced.

Thanks for posting!

Zzzzaaaap
12-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Absolutely! It is painfully obvious it is, when 80-90% of end level players use this 2 button insta kill combo.

Reasons:
1. Without blessing it is a instant kill. It will take you from full life to zero. Even if you grab a heart whilst burning, it will melt that away too. It overrides any lightswitch suicide attempt as well.

2. Blessing, which is the only antedote to the effect has a much, much longer recharge rate then fb + bless. Meaning even if you manage to hit blessing to save yourself. Its just a simple matter of them running away until it recharges and they do it all over again.

3. Fast rate of damage. When hit, it drains your life very, very quickly. So quick if you have bad ping or are not perfect on the timing with blessing you are mostly dead or already dead. No other DOT has this rate of damage.

4. Hit percentage, it is easy to hit with the combo, even if you are off target, you still have a window to adjust and still get a hit. Plus the enemy is stunned from the fatal burst making it impossible to evade. Its not hard to hit a non moving target.

5. Miss rate versus other lesser DOTs (Rats, etc). Rats misses way more often vs dodge gems then Brim does.

6. For the 2 button combo to work, it does not take the same player to execute the combo. As long as you have been hit by fatal burst by somebody. Any enemy can just walk up and hit you with a charged brim and the instadeath effect begins. Which really makes life easy for kill stealers, campers, and farmers. (We know who you people are, we are not impressed, and people mock you behind your back, or in some cases to your face)

7. Ranged, not only is this combo super powerful it can be executed from long range. Making it easy to limit the ways you can be damaged. But also making it easy to run if bless is used or misses.

Isn't there any pride in making a build that is all your own? Learning how to play that build and learning to be succeed with it? Rather then copy everyone elses?

MightyMicah
12-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Agreed bro. I'm in the category of, "If you can't be em, join em." While I do find pvp to be fun, it's not near as good as PL was back in the day, and that's sad because it has the potential to be. If the devs came in and nerfed fb's stun as well as charged brim's effect, things would be pretty sick.