PDA

View Full Version : Best way to invest winter tokens?

Sokpuppet
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
So for all of you who have farmed heavily during this winter event (or are planning to) what do you feel is the best way to spend your winter tokens to get the most value from them? I've got several of each egg as well as warrior and rogue vanity sets, but I'm not sure what the best use of my winter tokens would be from here on out. What are you guys investing in? I feel like Prance is a pretty solid pet and once he's discontinued I feel like his eggs should be worth somewhere in the 60-75k range. I've never dealt in vanities very much so I really have no way of judging their value beyond this event. Just figured I'd get some input from you guys. Thanks!

Fauksuras
12-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Definitely prance for future warriors. Vanities and....guess that's it.

MetalForce
12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm crafting wind gems like a maniac, twinks love em

Sokpuppet
12-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah Fauk, that's pretty much my feeling as well. Grab some vanities and some prance eggs. I got a few of the other eggs just for the heck of it but I doubt they'll be worth that much.

Metal, I've been doing this same but I've only got about 12 gems crafted at the moment :(

Kakashis
12-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Vanities for sure! Look at last year arlors!

Sokpuppet
12-18-2013, 04:02 PM

The reason last year's arlor vanities are so expensive is because at the time, vanities weren't possible to trade. So people either bought 0 or 1 set, with no reason to buy anymore. Later, vanities became a tradable item, which is why the price rose. Now people stock up on vanities during events, so their value isnt nearly as high

Ebezaanec
12-18-2013, 08:13 PM

Plus, AL's first Christmas had less players than now.. So less players actually bought vanities..

Fauksuras
12-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Ive trying to make gems as well but essences don't come at will.

Zeus
12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Anything said here for the best way to invest automatically will become the not so wise choice to invest because everybody will invest in it.

Don't believe me? Grimm is all I will say. :D

Sokpuppet
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Anything said here for the best way to invest automatically will become the not so wise choice to invest because everybody will invest in it.

MUHAHAHA, exactly... *steps backwards into a dark corner*

Fauksuras
12-18-2013, 10:54 PM

That's right, but there weren't that many choices to begin with :-\

After what happened with Arlor Vanities people now try to hoard everything and leave small room for investing IE Grimm

keikali
12-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Vanities and eggs basically. Someday they're be worth money.

Maalice
12-19-2013, 12:46 AM
The thing to invest in is the thing no one else is hoarding

Frohnatur
12-19-2013, 01:13 AM

Epic Frozen, Epic Wintermancer and Winter Star, here I come!

Do I?

Joncheese
12-19-2013, 03:32 AM
All of this stuff will eventually be worth money, its all about the amount of time you are willing to hold on to them for. Honestly i think anything BUT pets should be hoarded as they will ultimately always be brought back into the system. Snowball is a perfect example of this. Everyone is hoarding Prance, so he will never really have any worth as the supplies will always be out there until it is re-released back next Xmas. Snowy doesnt seem to be being hoarded at all....... Maybe the dark horse in all of this.

The only things worth hoarding are the ones that drop rarely from The Frozen/Imbued Golden Chests. Breez will hold its value easily (regardless of stats this is a poor mans Glacian as it looks awesome) and i would imagine its going to be the same for Frosteye etc. In other words pets that are uncommon.

Pets aside Vanities will only hold their value if the game progresses and grows at the speed that it is at the moment. Demand needs to out weigh supply. For example if there are 10,000 people playing AL now and by this time next year there are 50,000 that then vanities will be worth more as the vanities that have been hoarded will have been sold to the new players.... so on and so on.

My advice, loot anything you can and hope that its value goes up. Just keep an eye on the CS daily. :02.47-tranquillity:

Rare
12-19-2013, 12:13 PM

Well, everyone is hoarding everything. So I guess that settles that :D

The thing is, like Jon said, it depends on how long you want to hold onto it. Eventually, stock will dry up somewhat. These items may not ever go for millions, but they will have some small value as long as they are relevant. Take for example founders sets. Their relevancy is only for collectors. Other items, like tarlok gear, which had real applicable playing value will keep value over time (until something better comes out).