PDA

View Full Version : Ol' Nick Needs Nerf

Mogunsforme
12-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Ive witnessed nick, note he is a lvl 45 boss, one shot lvl 50s. He has way too much hp and really needs a nerf or two. Would you please nerf him ? Or make the enhancer last till event is over or something lol. Wasted 500 stims on him already.

FluidShot
12-18-2013, 06:59 PM
If you're above l45, he only drops vanity hats/beards (I've been told). Just take your snow back off and you're good.

ArtofWar
12-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I like the way he is as he's at least a challenge unlike the other bosses. Decreasing the hp by a bit wouldn't hurt but it's not neccesary.

Mogunsforme
12-18-2013, 08:47 PM
If you're above l45, he only drops vanity hats/beards (I've been told). Just take your snow back off and you're good.

Not talking about drops. Im talking about the mob itself. Its a bit too overpowered.

Mogunsforme
12-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I like the way he is as he's at least a challenge unlike the other bosses. Decreasing the hp by a bit wouldn't hurt but it's not neccesary.

True. Yet im worried about our noobs ._. Poor guys aint even able to kill the guy.

Romaniankidd91
12-18-2013, 09:02 PM
True. Yet im worried about our noobs ._. Poor guys aint even able to kill the guy.

lol ikr

IGN: Romaniankidd.51,Romkillz.41,Romnubsy.20,Poopscoop. 51,Skillzaishere.50

Mogunsforme
12-19-2013, 12:08 AM

lol ikr

IGN: Romaniankidd.51,Romkillz.41,Romnubsy.20,Poopscoop. 51,Skillzaishere.50

wanna run with me bro ?

Madnex
12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Noobs galore again I see.

-Ol' Nick has 33k HP -some would compare him to Du 'rrex the Devastator which has 45k, yet he's surprisingly easy to defeat if you actually paid ANY attention to strategy.

-I'm fed up with your lies Mo. No level 50 can be one-shot unless he's wearing level 35 armor or lower. I have witnessed the largest damage he can deal with one hit, a critical one that took away 60% of my operative's HP. While using napalm, which means no extra armor, 676 is the lowest you can get.

-Since most of you complaining probably had their first encounter with the word "strategy", I'll lay it down for you to understand. Ol' Nick may have some impressive close range attacks and above 3 times the HP Ed Neezer has but his weakness is exactly there. He can't touch you if you keep him stunned and use long range weapons like duals, grips and shotguns/canons.

-Hell, you can even accomplish that even if you use napalm's maximum range. Stuns to use:
1. Operative: Psychic Lash, Flames of Insanity, Lurch(yes, it knocks him down on the spot without push).
2. Engineer: Pain. Transference won't work since you will constantly be dealing damage.
3. Commando: Singularity & Neutron Stomp(for the same reason as Lurch above), Graviton Slam.

-A little piece of truth; Ol' Nick is a waste of time. Doesn't matter if you're using other enhancers or not, he's simply not worth the time to kill. An excellent suggestion above by Siz, don't wear the Frozen Wingmark. Or skip him, he resets if you go behind Ed Neezer. The time it takes to kill him is equal to the time you need to play another round on TC Benevolence and make it to the final boss.

-About drop rates, I can't say for sure that Ed Neezer doesn't have better chances at the 3 decent vanities(Old Man Winter, Smooch Me Sprout, Gingerman Emblem). What I can say though is that I've witnessed all those drop from the other bosses as well, in fairly equal rates. Personally got both my gings from GHOST, 2 olds and 1 smooch from Ed and a smooch from Nick.

-Now quit your nagging, use your head and go retry now you know these.

Mogunsforme
12-22-2013, 02:52 AM

-Ol' Nick has 33k HP -some would compare him to Du 'rrex the Devastator which has 45k, yet he's surprisingly easy to defeat if you actually paid ANY attention to strategy.

-I'm fed up with your lies Mo. No level 50 can be one-shot unless he's wearing level 35 armor or lower. I have witnessed the largest damage he can deal with one hit, a critical one that took away 60% of my operative's HP. While using napalm, which means no extra armor, 676 is the lowest you can get.

-Since most of you complaining probably had their first encounter with the word "strategy", I'll lay it down for you to understand. Ol' Nick may have some impressive close range attacks and above 3 times the HP Ed Neezer has but his weakness is exactly there. He can't touch you if you keep him stunned and use long range weapons like duals, grips and shotguns/canons.

-Hell, you can even accomplish that even if you use napalm's maximum range. Stuns to use:
1. Operative: Psychic Lash, Flames of Insanity, Lurch(yes, it knocks him down on the spot without push).
2. Engineer: Pain. Transference won't work since you will constantly be dealing damage.
3. Commando: Singularity & Neutron Stomp(for the same reason as Lurch above), Graviton Slam.

-A little piece of truth; Ol' Nick is a waste of time. Doesn't matter if you're using other enhancers or not, he's simply not worth the time to kill. An excellent suggestion above by Siz, don't wear the Frozen Wingmark. Or skip him, he resets if you go behind Ed Neezer. The time it takes to kill him is equal to the time you need to play another round on TC Benevolence and make it to the final boss.

-About drop rates, I can't say for sure that Ed Neezer doesn't have better chances at the 3 decent vanities(Old Man Winter, Smooch Me Sprout, Gingerman Emblem). What I can say though is that I've witnessed all those drop from the other bosses as well, in fairly equal rates. Personally got both my gings from GHOST, 2 olds and 1 smooch from Ed and a smooch from Nick.

Just go away mad. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU DONT LIKE ME NOR THE TRUTH SO GO AWAY.

Mogunsforme
12-22-2013, 02:54 AM

Also, stop trying to start a flame war. Noone cares about your immaturity.

Madnex
12-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Am I immature? Maybe. But I'm also awesome and know this game better than devs themselves. You're right about the flaming, I'm done pointing out your ignorance; I'll be more polite from now on as well.

Just admit the majority of the times I'm correct and offer accurate and helpful information. Also, please do try not to double post. And everything I said is true, if you disagree you're allowed to point out on what part and I'll provide more evidence on it.