PDA

View Full Version : What makes mythic bow superior?

baddiva
12-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi, can anyone explains to me what makes mythic bow far superior than (well, this is the only thing I've got) devourer bow of potency lv36?

I'm saving gold for a moment, but I still hesitant to buy a mythic bow, because when I compared in the AH, it's only raising 3 point something damage (which I suspect insignificant) and the crit rate.

I'm considering that devourer's proc will contribute to the damage to be in par or maybe more than mythic bow. And the second thing is that the crit rate is so puny compared to the stacking 20% AS' crit. However, I never use myth bow myself, so I need your thought about WHAT the true benefit of spending 4mill gold in mythic bow.

I will appreciate any views.. thanks

FluffNStuff
12-18-2013, 06:35 PM
The user.

Morholt
12-18-2013, 06:51 PM
"Look how shiny my weapon is!"

That's the benefit. Use your gold for something that'll actually upgrade your stats.

baddiva
12-18-2013, 06:54 PM
The user.

Ok.. can you elaborate?

Trenton
12-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Ok.. can you elaborate? He's saying pretty much if Hawk (just an example, heard he's decent) used a Devourer bow vs. some random nub with a mythic bow, Hawk is going to win.

It's not all about gear, even tho it obviously helps.

Skill plays a part in PvP, and its up to the user to decide whether they're going to be good or not.

Ravager
12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Every little thing adds up. Mythics have 3 slots vs 2 slots of legendaries. Its good for both endgame and level 31 twinks.

keikali
12-18-2013, 07:13 PM
The user.

Couldn't have said it any better.

baddiva
12-18-2013, 07:28 PM
He's saying pretty much if Hawk (just an example, heard he's decent) used a Devourer bow vs. some random nub with a mythic bow, Hawk is going to win.

It's not all about gear, even tho it obviously helps.

Skill plays a part in PvP, and its up to the user to decide whether they're going to be good or not.

Well then what would Hawk choose if he had same situation as I am? Is it devourer or mythic? Why he chooses that?

I'm trying to get clear about the comparation of the gear, not people's skill because it would be the constant variable in my question.

wvhills
12-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Mythic is far superior. It's 5 damage and 1 slot better than devourer. What people are trying to say is in PVP it won't make u automatically unbeatable but if u run up against an equally skilled player then the 5 damage is huge. Also, if the player is a little better than u and has a devourer while u have mythic then things will be evened out. It's crazy what people (especially rogues) are willing to pay for one or two extra damage. If u plan on pvping, can afford it, and already have the upgraded mythic armor and helm then u should def buy the bow. If u don't already have then then don't PVP. If u plan on pve only then the difference isn't that big of a deal and u should save ur gold.

Oh, and hawk uses mythic daggers. Before that he used mythic bow. All top rogues uses mythic weapons.

Trenton
12-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Mythic is far superior. It's 5 damage and 1 slot better than devourer. What people are trying to say is in PVP it won't make u automatically unbeatable but if u run up against an equally skilled player then the 5 damage is huge. Also, if the player is a little better than u and has a devourer while u have mythic then things will be evened out. It's crazy what people (especially rogues) are willing to pay for one or two extra damage. If u plan on pvping, can afford it, and already have the upgraded mythic armor and helm then u should def buy the bow. If u don't already have then then don't PVP. If u plan on pve only then the difference isn't that big of a deal and u should save ur gold.

Oh, and hawk uses mythic daggers. Before that he used mythic bow. All top rogues uses mythic weapons. Well it was just an example lol, I was trying to say that if he thinks that the extra few damage is that much better for him in PvP, it MAY be worth it if he's a good pvper but its not really worth the extra couple million just for PvE.

Morholt
12-18-2013, 09:20 PM
I see something pretty commonly overlooked in this game in terms of PvP planning...I suppose it could be the nature of things is a bit different, as attacks on a character can wildly vary in damage, along with healing abilities.

But here's a thought: sometimes, 1 hit point is equal to 2000 hit points. What that means is that having one more hit point can allow you to take one more big hit.

The opposite can also happen: +5 damage is equal to +0 damage; and in some cases, -15 would be better. Say your opponent has 4000 life & your attacks do 700 each hit. It is going to take you 6 hits to kill him. If you raise your damage by 50, your hits of 750 still can't kill in less attacks--you still have to hit them 6 times. You could choose to lower your hits down to 670 and you'd still kill in the same number of hits (6). And by letting your damage drop, you'd likely be able increase your survivability with more health, defense, and/or dodge; remember, that 1 extra health point could be 2000 hit points. ;)

Avshow
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
sigh。。。。。。 i am using dev bow all the season....

baddiva
12-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Ok then I get the views... I rarely dropped in pvp room anyway. Then i guess it's wont worth if I take mythic bow.

Thanks for all the inputs..

Hnakkur
12-19-2013, 04:13 AM
100% agree better gor for myth daggers ;)

Tuyulcanggih
12-19-2013, 12:23 PM
sigh。。。。。。 i am using dev bow all the season....

This men. Even he is using dev bow but look in lb. You'll see his ign everywhere. Idk how he can do that. Maybe he is an elder of arcane legends and know what should do.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk