PDA

View Full Version : Can a dev confirm if portal spawn rate was nerfed or not?

Pandamoni
12-19-2013, 03:33 AM
I noticed tonight that I was seeing a lot fewer portals spawning and I asked a few people to see if it was a common theme amongst players. Everyone I asked has noticed a marked decrease in portal spawn rate. STG, if the rate was nerfed, will you please include it in the patch notes so we can decide if we want to spend our time doing something (farming) with such poor results? I wouldn't have spent an hour tonight portal hunting when I should be sleeping.

Ladydice
12-19-2013, 04:38 AM
agreed... I did ss for over an hour tonight came up with one portal :/ when it usta be more like atleast every 3rd run had one! And Hi Panda :)

Xenobiotic
12-19-2013, 07:11 AM
I noticed tonight that I was seeing a lot fewer portals spawning and I asked a few people to see if it was a common theme amongst players. Everyone I asked has noticed a marked decrease in portal spawn rate. STG, if the rate was nerfed, will you please include it in the patch notes so we can decide if we want to spend our time doing something (farming) with such poor results? I wouldn't have spent an hour tonight portal hunting when I should be sleeping.

That and I think goblin had like a 99.99 percentage..i havent seen tarlok ever since

Commanderkeen
12-19-2013, 07:14 AM
I ran SS for an hour last night and got 10-12 portals. Bad luck guys and anyways Sam already said they did nothing to the drop rates.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?129429-2013-12-18-Content-Update-(137356)

vogel
12-19-2013, 07:30 AM
I just stopped playing last night, did ss for wel over an hour and came up with nothing.

Crowsfoot
12-19-2013, 07:31 AM
I online for half an hour and found three o_O

Run any elite shuyal map and you will hit pay dirt most of the time.

Nommos
12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
No need for a dev confirmation. Portals in ss are nerfed. This is the reason I quit yesterday after two days in row full of disappointment. I don't even finish the daily quest. With that spawn and drop rates it don't worth it anymore. Especially when you see people buying portal entries (not one or ten or twenty, but many more). how to compete them when u play over one hour and can't get 10 tokens? Ok I understand the term work hard or farm hard to get something, but when luck is a big factor in game, the farm hard term equals the I don't have life term.

bhutkeyur
12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
STS formal answer: nothing has been changed.

As I think:
Elite portal spawn rate hasnt changed.
In normal map its has been nerfed.
In portal also spawn rate of gobblin boss increased a lot. Now last boss hardly appears(STS needs money also too meh).
While doing tarlok daily its very easy to find portals but after it quite hard.

Who is farming portal specifically - they already noticed this hidden changes.

Crowsfoot
12-19-2013, 08:04 AM
No need for a dev confirmation. Portals in ss are nerfed. This is the reason I quit yesterday after two days in row full of disappointment. I don't even finish the daily quest. With that spawn and drop rates it don't worth it anymore. Especially when you see people buying portal entries (not one or ten or twenty, but many more). how to compete them when u play over one hour and can't get 10 tokens? Ok I understand the term work hard or farm hard to get something, but when luck is a big factor in game, the farm hard term equals the I don't have life term.

Luck is a factor with every expensive item in the game. From legendary items from elite bosses to arcane drops from locked crates. Just saying, it's nothing new.

keikali
12-19-2013, 08:27 AM
I think it is still working as intended. I was invited to a couple of portals myself by guildies and I also manage to get some portals.

Nommos
12-19-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't disagree about luck. You will never see in one of my past posts complaining about drop rates on lock crates or for legendary items from elite.
But when you farm for some days and get portals, let's say for example 2 every 10 runs, and after that u get 1 portal every 20 runs (sometimes and more) you understand that something is nerfed, or something is broken. And as you can see its not only me but many people that noticed this change.
So if before portal nerf we had to do 10 runs (inside portal) to get a chest, and then try our luck, imagine after the nerf. You could play 2 hours and don't get one single chest. With that facts getting an egg for example from a chest is like winning the Xmas lottery, and I don't see how players that play a lot are rewarded for their effort. It's an xmas event it isn't the core of the game after all.

Milan Lame Man
12-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I think it is still working as intended. I was invited to a couple of portals myself by guildies and I also manage to get some portals.
Portals do exist but the rate is noticeably lower.
I don't see why they would further lower it... after the first 2 days the event will never work as planned. Trying to "fix" the oversupply in this way only creates more unhappy people, while those able to exploit the infinite portals are rich and bored.

Rare
12-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I haven't had luck either. I think I saw 1 in two hours. There are two options.

1. My luck all of a sudden after a week of playing turned incredibly bad. 1 portal every couple hours from 1 portal every 5-10 runs (I'm not talking about elite here).
2. Something got changed (advertently or not).

On the other hand, I'm finding myself spending more on plat entry into rifts. :cat:

utpal
12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
i got 15-17portals within 3hr farming bt unfortunately only goblin and wolf
got 1 thor and no tarlok. also my guildmates experiencing the same.
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Sceazikua
12-19-2013, 08:54 AM
I think you dont need to worry about portals, because when I run Ydra forest (third map) and gold mine just for locked, some times portal shows up. My estimated time for ydra is 2 min, and gold mine 5 min and got portal every 30 minute (including switching map, checking auction etc). I dont run ss much so I dont know if it changed, but Ydra is still same for me.

Spyce
12-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Extreme got 4 portal with in half an hour just the other day..
(He's in AJ as well)

Extreme
12-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Extreme got 4 portal with in half an hour just the other day..
(He's in AJ as well)

Lol I just got 2 more when u left for a while. And yah like 45 min 6 portal, I haven't tried farming today tho.

Hectororius
12-19-2013, 11:04 AM
stop looking for portals, and they will magically be there.

Pandamoni
12-19-2013, 11:09 AM
stop looking for portals, and they will magically be there.

This is what I told my sister about finding a husband!

Zeus
12-19-2013, 11:37 AM
This is what I told my sister about finding a husband!

Now how am I supposed to explain this brown coffee stain on these jeans/shirt I am wearing? -.-

Yakiniku
12-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I haven't had luck either. I think I saw 1 in two hours. There are two options.

1. My luck all of a sudden after a week of playing turned incredibly bad. 1 portal every couple hours from 1 portal every 5-10 runs (I'm not talking about elite here).
2. Something got changed (advertently or not).

On the other hand, I'm finding myself spending more on plat entry into rifts. :cat:

Ding ding ding!

After the recent patch, I went on a typical run. I tired out 4 pets, collected 2 locked crates, and got 0 portals. Whatever. Back to elites for me. At least portals are still popping there. Supposedly.

Morholt
12-19-2013, 05:30 PM
I haven't played extensively since the new update due to being busy with family affairs, but I have played enough to notice Southern Seas has been reduced a bit--portals spawn, but not with the same frequency as before. However, the other maps I run seem to be normal.

Southern Seas isn't the only quick map out there, you guys. :P

Pandamoni
12-19-2013, 05:33 PM
I haven't played extensively since the new update due to being busy with family affairs, but I have played enough to notice Southern Seas has been reduced a bit--portals spawn, but not with the same frequency as before. However, the other maps I run seem to be normal.

Southern Seas isn't the only quick map out there, you guys. :P

This didn't start until yesterday. Southern seas started a few days ago but it was specifically after yesterday's update I noticed the difference in all maps and not just Southern Seas. As you haven't played much since the new update I can understand why you've not noticed the difference.

I typically run Shuyal maps 2, 3 and 5 then I hop over and do all of ydra, then over to Jurn Woods, then SS. When I'm lazy I alternate between Jurn and SS. I got one portal yesterday in Jurn and that's it. Upon looking at my friend's list, I didn't see many in Tarlok's Lair.

Morholt
12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Hmm, I may have taken all the good luck at Jurn yesterday while I was playing. I had a good portal rate last night during the blimp of time I had to play.

Thanks for taking up all the bad luck! hehe :P

I'll try not to find too many this weekend so you can have some, too. ^.^

becky_xil
12-19-2013, 08:40 PM
7 hour and I get 5 port.. not bad huh?

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

vernchoong
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM
i noticed, past few days, i would have to cycle through like 5 pets before i get 1 portal from SS - thats an hour+ for one portal. I actually farmed more tokens from the fiend than from portals (excluding the free trip from the daily)

Hectororius
12-20-2013, 09:44 AM
So yesterday I did a quick Superbowl Run (if you know, you know), and got portal after ONE run in SS...

Milan Lame Man
12-20-2013, 10:02 AM
So yesterday I did a quick Superbowl Run (if you know, you know), and got portal after ONE run in SS...
Hect... to make a statistics, you need samples...
Anyway, the rate felt back to OK yesterday. I got like 5 portals in 7 bosses, after that I switched to hunting for Infected.
I don't run SS though.

Hectororius
12-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Hect... to make a statistics, you need samples...
Anyway, the rate felt back to OK yesterday. I got like 5 portals in 7 bosses, after that I switched to hunting for Infected.
I don't run SS though.

my sample size is legit!

And instead of Hunting for infected, come do some elite runs :) They show when you least want them lol. (no serious, come do elite runs!)

Pandamoni
12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
My rate increased yesterday, too. Interesting.

Fyrce
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
LoL. Seemed same to me - sometimes lots, sometimes not so many.

Snakespeare
12-20-2013, 04:56 PM
zero portals today for me, run all the winter quests on two toons, killed all bosses, no portals.

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-20-2013, 08:36 PM
i noticed, past few days, i would have to cycle through like 5 pets before i get 1 portal from SS - thats an hour+ for one portal. I actually farmed more tokens from the fiend than from portals (excluding the free trip from the daily)

Screw portal farming :3 let's farm the fiend!

chitgoks
12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
they nerfed it. forest of shades never gave me portals unlike the previous 2 updates which got nerfed prior before that

nelson131
12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Lol really? I got 5 portal last 2 hour and 3 tarlok 1 thorbold 1 wolf. Weird huh?