PDA

View Full Version : Is this game dying

Slushie
12-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Haven't played in 2 years. Came back a week ago, game seems pretty dead. No new cap in a year, all the OG's are gone, STS only cares about AL from what I've heard. Pretty sad tbh, this is where it all started.

Slushie
12-19-2013, 07:13 AM
My old name on the forums was Slush, I had a lot of posts but for some reason they're not appearing

Hadesofshadow
12-19-2013, 07:16 AM
you get thanks for being slushie

Doodlebeast
12-19-2013, 07:19 AM
I wanted to ask that when I returned to the game after 1 1/2 years... Slushie sounds cute haha.

DJMdivine
12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
I returned about a month ago. I try and log in ocasionally. It is pretty sad indeed.

Impact
12-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Haven't played in 2 years. Came back a week ago, game seems pretty dead. No new cap in a year, all the OG's are gone, STS only cares about AL from what I've heard. Pretty sad tbh, this is where it all started.
So true al made thousands quit

Doodlebeast
12-19-2013, 07:30 AM
So true al made thousands quit

Tried AL, didn't like its playing style at all. Plus it's too plat based for me. PL is where everything started.... Sigh.. Guess things had to end one way or another....

ThePvpTwink
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I tried AL, it's playing style is very similar to diablo for me, but I still like PL more

iiirootzz
12-19-2013, 09:41 AM
AL has it's benefits, and unique features, but PL still reigns supreme in my book. The community is what makes PL the clear choice for anyone that wants a full mmorpg experience.

Extreme
12-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey slush! Glad to have ya back, and to the title of thread I would say kindaa.. dead, and if you are still wondering why your post count gets so low, its cause the old threads got deleted by the devs, I'll try find the thread.

programmed
12-19-2013, 09:56 AM
I didn't use forums 2 years ago so idk you but welcome back anyways. It is pretty dead but still better than AL in my opinion. AL has the larger player base but PL has the better community :)

Skillless
12-19-2013, 10:10 AM
idk you
*cough* That is the inventor of the xp run course in sewers 1. Back then we said "slushie runs" instead of "xp runs".

Welcome back! If you think this is dead PL wait until winter event is over. Then it'll be dead.

programmed
12-19-2013, 10:19 AM
*cough* That is the inventor of the xp run course in sewers 1. Back then we said "slushie runs" instead of "xp runs".

Welcome back! If you think this is dead PL wait until winter event is over. Then it'll be dead.

Idk you either. Or Extreme. Or anyone.

On a more serious note. I never heard it called that. If you're talking about sewers during sewer cap, I didn't really play very often until late 61 cap.

Skillless
12-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Idk you either. Or Extreme. Or anyone.

On a more serious note. I never heard it called that. If you're talking about sewers during sewer cap, I didn't really play very often until late 61 cap.

No worries I don't know myself either most of the time.
Yeah it was during 56 cap when everyone tried to get the (back then useless) CoP. Ancient history.

Oldcoot
12-19-2013, 11:08 AM
We are all dying from the day we're born

Sus
12-19-2013, 12:12 PM
No worries I don't know myself either most of the time.
Yeah it was during 56 cap when everyone tried to get the (back then useless) CoP. Ancient history.

No actually 2 years is pretty recent, not ancient.

And welcome back.. or not, lol. Yeah the game is not being updated and all and alot of people who played for long time got banned on their devices/accounts.

NECROREAPER
12-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey Slush, long time no see.

The game isn't dead yet*, but it's for sure dying. The biggest culprit is just that the game and players are highly neglected, leading many to quit.

Some of us are still around though.

Everyone'sFavMage
12-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Woah slushie. I remember you during nuri cap. One of the best demo birds IMHO

Chickenrunnn
12-19-2013, 03:37 PM
1 out of 695 guildies online.. I was the 1.. :(

Plaguemaw
12-19-2013, 03:51 PM

Similar here, 6400 members and only 5-20 online at any time of day

Sent from my GT-P3113

Lexlyde
12-19-2013, 04:44 PM
And I'm not talking about Eclipse...

GRIZZY
12-19-2013, 05:23 PM
If STS just focused on the games ppl actually play: Arcane and Pocket Legends, and stopped making these garbage "battle" games PL wouldn't be dead..

programmed
12-19-2013, 06:32 PM
If STS just focused on the games ppl actually play: Arcane and Pocket Legends, and stopped making these garbage "battle" games PL wouldn't be dead..

Exactly. They are basically a copy of clash of clans along with the hundreds of other copies. The legends series are one of a kind, original, and not copies of anything. Plus with these games like battle dragons, clash of clans, battle islands, after so many building upgrades it can take like 3 days to do an upgrade to your building which I personally don't like having to wait so long. In clash of clans my defenses can take over a day to upgrade and by then my village has been destroyed multiple times because there's no defenses to protect it, they're all being upgraded.

Samhayne
12-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,

I replied to Rot about his concern for Pocket Legends in an earlier thread about adding some stuff into the Deal of the Day rotation for Pocket Legends for the holidays that bears reposting here:

Hey Rot,

Deep down I love you too.

Honestly, I would love to see less of the jaded bitterness. Yes, I know we are as much to blame for it as you, but come on. The way you paint it, it seems like you would prefer that I didn't do this. You know what, the others who are excited about this are the ones I am doing it for. Yes, Pocket Legends gets thousands of new players a day, but Arcane gets 10x that or more. Sorry mate it just is. AL is a much bigger hit and game because of everything we learned with Pocket (and Star and Dark). Again, we are a small shop and we have to keep feeding the hot hand to stay alive. So, just saying, cut me some slack, ok? Yes, the event is largely the same as last year with some new items and vanities in the mix. We are working to find more bandwidth (work smarter and all that) to give new love to all games, but I am not making any promises. We will just have to see what we can do in 2014.

Anyway, I will stop while I am behind and just go back to the opening sentiment of lots of love to ya for caring so much about Pocket Legends. I do too, it is why I feel passionate enough to post back to you at 10 PM our time before bed.

Cheers!
-Samhayne

Pocket Legends is far from dead with thousands of new players who download it daily and tens of thousands who log in daily and play it. With 76 levels, Pocket is a big game with a lot to offer and a lot of people get tons of enjoyment out of it.

If you're looking for regular end game expansions, then I would suggest you check out Arcane Legends. It is a much, much bigger game than Pocket in terms of popularity. It is in part the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends in that we learned from the other three Legends games to make Arcane and it is a big hit because of that. That size difference, as I replied to Rot in the above, is the reason that Spacetime, as the small shop we are, spends the lion's share of our development time on Arcane Legends. It just makes sense, because the lion's share of our fans are playing Arcane (and the the new Battle games).

Again, I get that you guys love Pocket - that's why you are here in our forums. However, grilling us because we're not making you happy isn't really constructive. At the end of the day it isn't realistic for us to try and keep everyone happy. No one can do that. There are a lot of hard decisions with anything in life. We are working hard to do the best with everything we have. We love you guys for your enthusiasm for Pocket - but we do have to keep things real.

Thanks again. If you have anything you want to PM me directly about, please feel free.

Thread closed.