PDA

View Full Version : Tarlock Gems

Haifer
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Are these gems still going to be available after this event? What happens to them if not? Curious about details of them once event is over.

Sorcerie
12-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Per Sam when the event launched...

Event Crafting Recipes
There are six special event crafting recipes available for purchase with Winterfest Tokens. Three for Chests, and three for new hybrid gems

• Tarlok’s Wisdom Gem: 6 Glacial Essence, 4 Blood Essence
INT, STR

• Tarlok’s Wind Gem: 6 Fire Essence, 4 Glacial Essence
DEX, INT

• Tarlok’s Blood Gem: 6 Blood Essence, 4 Fire Essence
STR, DEX

• Silver Frozen Chest: combine 2 Bronze Frozen Chests
• Gold Frozen Chest: combine 3 Silver Frozen Chests
• Imbued Frozen Chest: combine 5 Gold Frozen Chests

All of these recipes can be vendored for various values, so that once the event is over can sell them for gold. From Jan 6 to Jan 13 the crafting recipes for the event Gems and combining chests will still be valid to craft. In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold.

1 Week Post Event Crafting Period
From Jan 6 to Jan 13 the crafting recipes for the event Gems and combining chests will still be valid to craft. In a patch on Jan 13th these recipes will be removed and no longer able to be combined. The recipe item left in your inventory will be able to be sold for gold.

Energizeric
12-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Sam's post says what happens to the recipes, but not what happens to the gems themselves. I understand that the recipes can no longer be used to make new gems after January 13th. But if I am holding a Tarlok Wisdom Gem in my inventory on January 14th, can I still use it to upgrade an item at that point?

wvhills
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Even if they say now, they could change their minds between now and the end of the event. So, you will just have to wait and see.

Morholt
12-19-2013, 05:33 PM
I imagine the gems will stay, as I BELIEVE they have stated the chests will stay.

Vystirch
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Sam's post says what happens to the recipes, but not what happens to the gems themselves. I understand that the recipes can no longer be used to make new gems after January 13th. But if I am holding a Tarlok Wisdom Gem in my inventory on January 14th, can I still use it to upgrade an item at that point?

That would only make sense for the gem to stay, but the recipe to be removed.

xXz21
12-19-2013, 08:23 PM
That would only make sense for the gem to stay, but the recipe to be removed.

is very stupid after event remove the ''recipe'' to make this stone.. so u use ur ''winter tokens'' for low time.

Hectororius
12-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Tarlok Gems will still be tradable/sellable after the event and after Jan 13. You will not be able to craft new ones.

mage blood
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM

You can still upgrade your items with tarlok gems even though the winter event is over. But the recipes will be removed after Jan 13th.

Hence , players cannot craft frozen chests and tarlok gems anymore.

Energizeric
12-20-2013, 03:22 PM
You guys are guessing this or it has been confirmed by the developers?

Energizeric
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Any word on this??

Ebezaanec
12-23-2013, 05:46 PM
I would assume the gem would be kept too..

Sounds kinda lame if the gem would disappear..

Sokpuppet
12-24-2013, 07:50 AM
You guys are guessing this or it has been confirmed by the developers?

Haven't gone back to look but I'm pretty certain that it was confirmed by devs that the gems will stay and be tradable/sellable

smuggs
12-24-2013, 01:54 PM
In fact it was confirmed. Sam stated that once the recipes have gone only the gems and chests will remain, indefinitely, until the last ones in the game are used up. And they will be able to be sold.

I have a good question though...for those who bought these recipes, the next winter event comes around, will they have to buy these recipes again, or will they become usable? Maybe you aren't planning on bringing them back again, but if you were I'd think it'd be a little unfair to make those who've already purchased them once to have to do it all over again. (Note I haven't bought any recipes yet but I'd consider it should they become usable again sometime.)

nelson131
12-25-2013, 09:59 PM
WoW so tarlok gems will be so profitable after event. definitely hoarding em

BudakGemuk
12-25-2013, 10:32 PM
WoW so tarlok gems will be so profitable after event. definitely hoarding em

Good luck lmao.