PDA

View Full Version : matchmaking fix and other improvements

Spartan7
12-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello, first of all I would like to say I really enjoy playing your game. But there are a few things that I and several other players in my alliance would like to see addressed.
1. A match making system or an improvement to the current one. A player that is far superior shouldn't be able to attack those that are just starting out. I have roughly a little over 500 trophies and got attacked today by some one with over 3300. Another in my alliance has 600 trophies and got attacked by the number 1 and 2 players in the game.

2.If a player doesn't have tanks or aircraft he shouldn't be able to be attacked my someone that does.

3. Could controlling your army during the attack be added. Selecting units and designating what you want attacked first instead of just hoping they attack the proper things first.

4. Could the cost to production ratio be lowered so improvements don't take as long to achieve.

Those are a few things I've noticed that could be improved on what is already a fun game to play. Thanks in advance.

csb
12-19-2013, 05:09 PM
1. A match making system or an improvement to the current one. A player that is far superior shouldn't be able to attack those that are just starting out. I have roughly a little over 500 trophies and got attacked today by some one with over 3300. Another in my alliance has 600 trophies and got attacked by the number 1 and 2 players in the game.

I am in the top 10 trophy list. The match making has been greatly "improved" for people with few trophies.

I hate the new system, because I used to get 100% with about 10 troops. Now, I need my entire army, plus vehicles. I no longer get easy forts. The top players used to get a lot of matches with players that have 0 trophies. My matches had no walls, or wood walls. Now, they have stone walls or black walls and 500+ trophies.

Having 3000 trophies does not make a fort better than someone that has 500 trophies. This just means the 3000 trophy person plays more PvP, or has better attack skills. Some people upgrade defense and have few trophies. Some people ignore defense and upgrade offense, and have many trophies. But, they are still a good match in PvP.

The reason the 500 trophy level people are getting attacked more often by top trophy people is because the trophy leaders used to be matched with 0 trophy people. Now, they are matched with 500+ trophy people. And, the top players attack 100+ times per day, so expect all the attacks that the 0 trophy people used to get.

2.If a player doesn't have tanks or aircraft he shouldn't be able to be attacked my someone that does.

Ok fine. But, i would like to extend your "fairness" idea by saying a low level fort cannot be allowed to receive high level troop donations. If a player cannot create a red tank, then they cannot receive one as a donation. If they cannot create level 5 commandos, then they cannot receive them. Or, at least the level of the donation should be scaled down to what they can create.

3. Could controlling your army during the attack be added. Selecting units and designating what you want attacked first instead of just hoping they attack the proper things first.

I like this. But, it would be really hard to implement. I already have accidental wrong presses. Adding complication to the interface may cause me to accidentally send troops across the map to the other side where they all die along the way. Designing a good interface is the hard part.

4. Could the cost to production ratio be lowered so improvements don't take as long to achieve.

The cost in Battle Command is MUCH better than in Battle Dragons. It's easy for me to make a profit in BC, but not so easy in BD.

boots
12-25-2013, 10:42 PM
I've got around 500 trophy and I've been attacked 3 time by people that are 10,000+ their guys are 5 stars. I can not see how that's a fair match up.

csb
01-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I've got around 500 trophy and I've been attacked 3 time by people that are 10,000+ their guys are 5 stars. I can not see how that's a fair match up.

Trophies are not a good measure for PvP matching. In Battle Dragons, I have a level 8 DH fort with every upgrade (defense and offense) maxed out, and I only have 400 trophies. A couple of weeks ago, I had 2000 trophies. I didn't like the PvP matches, so I intentionally lost trophies. At 500 trophies, the PvP matches are more fun.

If we can choose any number of trophies that we want, how is that a good measure for PvP matching?

People say, "OMG, a 10K+ trophy player attacked me!" But, there are some really good players with only 500 trophies, and they are probably better than the 20K person. They choose to lose trophies so they can farm the new players and casual players.

A proper match would be to add up the defenses and upgrades to come up with a "difficulty score". Two forts with the same buildings, defenses, and walls would have the same score no matter how many trophies they had. But, this would make the game boring because we would always get matched with forts that look about the same.

It would be best if after about 10 or 20 skips, the matches are completely random among forts within the same HQ level range. Then, we would get more variety in our matches, which would make the game more fun.